Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited May 2017

Have you tried going into Edit->Geometry->Smoothing Modifiers and applying those? I had to do that on the feet in the Castleguard for M3 image. It helped a lot. 

I've got a test render of Hugh in a different outfit and he looked okay. I have Medieval Royalty, so I'll put him in that one. He's not real beefy (he's a tweaked out Sebastian, so a bit on the tall, thin side.) but I'll see if I get the same issue.

Post edited by Llynara on
    edited May 2017

Very nicely done!  It's a great wallpaper, Llynara.

Thank you, Darwin! I like how that turned out. It looks pretty good on a 1920x1080 desktop. The original is ginormous, and I can make a bigger one for those who want it. 

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

It's awesome, you're quite welcome!  and Pst. Check your messages. :) 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Really nice thread!

edited May 2017

Thank you both! Glad you are enjoying this little thread laugh Feel free to jump on in whenever you like. More company is always good. 

I made a tweak to the wallpaper and included my new logo. It's still a work in progress, but I like how it's coming along. I will be finishing my stargazer wallpaper soon for @cismic too. My mother gave me some great ideas for how to fix it. She's got such an incredible artistic eye.

Anyhow, here's the elf again, with plenty of space for icons on either side: 

Here's my desktop: 

VulluinWallpaper-Widescreen.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 279K
    My wallpaper.JPG
    1916 x 1038 - 287K
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    Llynara said:

Have you tried going into Edit->Geometry->Smoothing Modifiers and applying those? I had to do that on the feet in the Castleguard for M3 image. It helped a lot. 

I've got a test render of Hugh in a different outfit and he looked okay. I have Medieval Royalty, so I'll put him in that one. He's not real beefy (he's a tweaked out Sebastian, so a bit on the tall, thin side.) but I'll see if I get the same issue.

Thanks, for the suggestion.  It helped, but didn't get rid of the dent. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

The wallpaper looks great, Lynara!

edited May 2017

Thanks! I'm having fun with it. More to come! 

Here's something else I've been playing with. A lot of Sixus1's items are on deep discount at Rendo. I found this incredible Angelic Armor set for S1M Scarlet. She and all her stuff are designed for Poser only, and for Firefly. Not tested in DAZ, not intended for DAZ. Well, that sounded like a challenge to me! 

The armor loads in DAZ and I could kind of get it to fit on V4. I figured she'd probably be the closest fit. The textures left a lot to be desired: 

Scarlet went on sale, so I picked her up, brought her into DAZ and tweaked the textures. Her hair won't work in DAZ, so I stuck Bubblegum hair on her with OOT Shaders. She comes with lots of poses and options, which seem to work okay in DAZ. The wings just don't pose well in DAZ (they work great in Poser) and the textures are old. I'm wondering if better bump maps would help. It would be nice if this set had an update for SuperFly, I'd be willing to go that route instead, but these came out two years ago, about 6 months before that rendering engine existed. Needless to say, everything for Scarlet works great in Poser 11 Pro. I'm still a n00b at that program, but she's really fun to work with in there. She seems very well designed. 

Anyhow, I used Feathered Wings for All here. As you can see, they load beautifully on any figure, and no hassle at all. Click for bigger pics.

I don't like how the wings are cut off in this picture, so I'm re-rendering it wider and can make into a wallpaper once I work out a few more issues. 

S1M-Scarlett_Angelic3.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 244K
    edited May 2017

Ok, the lens flare may be a bit much, but I'm going to stick it on my desktop till I figure out how to fix that. Usually just looking at it for a while works, LOL. Lots of other fixes here too. This is a 1920x1080 wallpaper with room for icons.

Edit: Took out the godrays. Too much of a good thing! I've left the original attached if anyone likes those.

S1M-Scarlett_Angelic-widescreen.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 190K
    S1M-Scarlet-Angelic-wallpaper.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 187K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I kind of like the god rays.  Yes, its a lot but it really makes it look larger than life.  Does that make sense?

I had thought of picking up Scarlett back before I re-entered Studio, but just couldn't get into the character.  You've done well with her, nicely done.

edited May 2017

Thanks! I liked the godrays but something didn't feel like it worked. It is fun though. 

I'm playing with dynamic cloth and older characters and sets today. I like how this is turning out. 

"Regal"

"She carried within her the mark and bearing of a future queen."

EDIT: Adding the items I used. Some are in the blowouts, so grab them while you can: 

• DM's Gadomar
    • Optitex Maiden Fair Dynamic Dress
    • NGS Anagenessis 2 
    • VYK Naeriss (Rendo)
    • SAV Dragon Lady Hair (Rendo)

V4-Naeriss4.jpg
    1500 x 1433 - 382K

Very nice!

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Your thread is really inspirational. I have so much older content. I would love to find the time to convert it all to Iray/newer generations. :)

edited May 2017
    Redz said:

Your thread is really inspirational. I have so much older content. I would love to find the time to convert it all to Iray/newer generations. :)

@Redz Thank you so very much. I could say the same about you being inspirational, and your wonderful interview on Rendo. I had no idea we had so much in common. Okay, I'm not a geneticist, I'm an I.T geek, but also an indie author. Book covers led me here to 3D too. Not sure I'll ever be good enough at 3D to create the beautiful characters and hairs that you do. There's still so much to learn, but I am really enjoying your creations! I think Shadowborn and Raj are overdue to be turned into Centaurs with that wonderful freebie mane you created. I also just picked up your Executive Hair and need to put it on someone unexpected. Stay tuned! 

Redz said:

Its so worth it.  I am working on converting my entire library of V4 and Genesis clothing up to G2f and G3F.  And then I will do all of my G2f clothing to fit G3F.  98% of it converts very well.  I use a utility and save them as a file asset so I don't lose any of the morphs.  Works on hair as well. 

Llynara said:

Thanks! I liked the godrays but something didn't feel like it worked. It is fun though. 

I'm playing with dynamic cloth and older characters and sets today. I like how this is turning out. 

"Regal"

"She carried within her the mark and bearing of a future queen."

Very appropriate title!  She looks great!

Redz said:

Its so worth it.  I am working on converting my entire library of V4 and Genesis clothing up to G2f and G3F.  And then I will do all of my G2f clothing to fit G3F.  98% of it converts very well.  I use a utility and save them as a file asset so I don't lose any of the morphs.  Works on hair as well. 

I would love to know what utility you're using. I'm mostly autofitting or parenting and tweaking things. Probably the slow way of doing it. Lots of trial and error.

Llynara said:
    Redz said:

I would love to know what utility you're using. I'm mostly autofitting or parenting and tweaking things. Probably the slow way of doing it. Lots of trial and error.

I will look for you when I get home from work.  I tried to look it up in my product library but I can't remember the name of it, so I can't link it lol.

Okay I went through Sickleyield's shop because I know I got it from her.  Its the Dress Rig for Genesis 2 Females.  I auto fit the V4 clothes to Genesis and save them as a file/asset and then I use the dress rig utility to move them from Genesis to Genesis 2F. Also save them as a file/asset to keep all the morphs etc. Don't be fooled by the name, it works very well on pants, shirts, dresses, hair, shoulder pauldrons, shin gaurds, etc.  If you get it make sure that you watch the tutorial video and read the pdf as there are two ways to do it.  I use the more complicated way because it saves the posing and movement morphs.  its on sale 50% off right now.

Oh, thanks! I will check that out! 

edited May 2017

YurDigital Reminder

Just a friendly reminder that if you've purchased items from YurDigital or plan to, you need to do it soon. They are closing at the end of the month. There are some very nice sets over there, as well as characters. I've posted this one here before, but thought he was worth another one. This is Bleid the Elvin Mage for M4 by Sidherose. His skin changes colors under different lights. Very cool. Siderose has some great characters, but none of them are on sale right now. I'm assuming they will move to another store, possibly on Rendo but who knows. 

Galley Link: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/281901

Anyhow, if you've got stuff to back up, even freebies, now is the time to do it! 

Yes, I believe that's the same PA. I wonder if they're moving stuff over. I've seen a few YurDigital items pop up at Rendo lately too. 

I am just beside myself. I was organizing files to make sure I have all my YurDigital stuff. I checked my RDNA folders, since that's the last time I had to back up store purchases. Some of my items, ones that didn't come over to DAZ, are missing. I swore I downloaded and backed them up multiple times, but I can't find some of my favorites, ones I wanted to use soon. These include Kali for V4 and many of the textures for Feathered Masque. Most of the other stuff is here, but looks like downloads for one of my biggest orders is not. UGHHHHH. 

I *think* I had these backed up on my work computer and moved them over. Perhaps the flash drive was corrupted or something. I remember thinking a few weeks before I lost my job that I should back them up again. Too late now. I am a very sad elf today! crying

Well, the good news is, I did find Kali. Bad news is I'm still looking for 8 others. But that's out of many, many items (mostly free) that I downloaded from RDNA. 

Lesson learned: 

• Backup on multiple computers
    • If in doubt, back up in the cloud somewhere
    • Don't rely on your work computer to be there for you (LOL)
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

If you found on lost item, there is a good chance the others are also hiding in there somewhere.  At least I hope so.  I know how frustrating it is to lose things.  

• SerumSerum Posts: 256
    Llynara said:

Thank you both! Glad you are enjoying this little thread laugh Feel free to jump on in whenever you like. More company is always good. 

I made a tweak to the wallpaper and included my new logo. It's still a work in progress, but I like how it's coming along. I will be finishing my stargazer wallpaper soon for @cismic too. My mother gave me some great ideas for how to fix it. She's got such an incredible artistic eye.

Anyhow, here's the elf again, with plenty of space for icons on either side: 

Here's my desktop: 

thats a good wallpaper not sure what i would put on my other 2 screens if that was in the middle maybe extend out the forrest 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Llynara said:

Yes, but first, the elves need a little love! Here's HinkyPunk's Vulluin for M4. 0

Just catching up on some threads- and I adore this one. The lighting is stunning and I just want to be there. Nicely done!

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Agreed. Love the composition of the light.