Spell check!

KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Has always been one of the best things since sliced bread and I am thrilled that there is one built into the boards. I am wondering though if there is any way to get some words added. Words like shader and specularity for example. They come up around here all the time and it doesn't like them very much.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

I just use the built-in Firefox checker. (Yes, I really do have a spell checker.)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Firefox does it for me automagically. No matter what site I'm on, I get red squigglies, which is quite frequent seeing as I use non-existing words a lot. lol

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I have a learning disability so I use the one in IE and befor that used and add on spell checker. But it is pretty clear not everyone knows that those are available.

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320
    edited December 1969

IE has one? O.O Where?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

On focusing I see that it is part of my google tool bar. However! I also have used ISpell for years with IE and really like it.

http://www.iespell.com/

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320
    edited December 1969

Thanks, that was driving me batty.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

I think IE will share the Office spell-checker if you have it installed, unless it was taken out on competition grounds. I don't have Office to check.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What is a spell checker? I thought only Harry Potter had any of those things.

Besides, all the errors I make, is not sloppiness - just a case of fingers being slower than the mind.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I don't do spells, so I don't need a spellchecker. :coolhmm:

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I don't do spells, so I don't need a spellchecker. :coolhmm:

groan :P