Software: Daz Studio 4.5 Pro + The Gimp

nopasaran_1k.jpg
    1024 x 723 - 257K
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Title: Here Comes The Sun
    Rendered in: Daz4.5
    Post in: Photoshop CS5
    Stonemason Items: City Ruins, City Ruins Vehicles, Trees, Props, Signs, Cables, Back Ground Buildings From Urban Sprawl 2, Lamp Posts from Urban Future 4, Weeds and Tires & Pallets from the Warehouse District, the Back Streets, Tin Pan Alley, Walls from Stonemason Fortress, Stonemason Ruins.

After all was said and done, it was a productive night. She was sure of it. OK, it was only a small recon team, but three less of them was always a good thing. Maybe she could dress it up a bit in the A.A.R...I mean really, who reads those things all the way through anyway?

As for now, the only thing left to do was watch the Sun rise and reflect on how nice of an area this had once been...at least before the Occupation.

For now her thoughts turned to the more mundane: "When is the next convoy coming through? How much ammo do I have left? When do we go back inside the wire again?"

His thoughts were more to the point. "Who d'ya gotta kill to get an decent Espresso around here?"

OK Pete, this is a mind blowing render!! Everything is so perfect it practically looks like a photograph, and I can't stop staring at it!! :-)
  • CupcakeCupcake Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

My second Submission

Title: Surprise Disturbance

Stonemason Item: Worlds of Fantasy, Island Castle

Rendered in Poser Pro2012
    Photoshop cs5

A battle between a fire mage and an adventurer. Not to mention the surprise arrival of a frost dragon thrown into the mix. Do they fight against one another or fight the dragon first?

castlebattle1.jpg
    1520 x 1900 - 1M
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,877
    edited December 1969

genejoke said:
    made in ds4.5 and photoshop

using
    urban sprawl
    michael 5
    town and country
    zombie fr genesis

You forgot to list your title which is required.

• genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

whoops, fixed. thanks.

• SpazziSpazzi Posts: 6
    edited February 2013

All righty, first post to the forums.
    Well I saw this competition and I just had to make an entry, it's just too good to pass up!
    So here it is, my entry into the Stonemason competition.

Title: Calling the Storm

Created and rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro and I used the Stonemason Tribal Village Huts (http://www.daz3d.com/tribal-village-huts) in this image. Hope you like it!

Calling_the_Storm2.jpg
    1300 x 1625 - 2M
    Post edited by Spazzi on
  • SaikoMMSaikoMM Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Front
    original render size 2800 X 2000
    Set up in Daz Studio 4.5 Pro. Rendered with Reality 2.5/Luxrender 1.0
    Post work in Photoshop CS5
    Stonemason products Used:
    City Ruins : Vehicles
    City Ruins Buildings 02
    M.E.C.H. Enforcer
    Urban Sprawl 2

Other products used:
    Skies of Economy, Genesis, Victoria 5, Elena converted with Genesis Generation X, Stalker Girl Pants, Boots and Guns, shirt from Tre, Jacket from Hardcore, rifle from Dystopian weapons, Googles from AMP C-Suit,

mason5a_small.jpg
    1500 x 1071 - 461K
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Spazzi said:
    All righty, first post to the forums.
    Well I saw this competition and I just had to make an entry, it's just too good to pass up!
    So here it is, my entry into the Stonemason competition.

Nice render, and welcome!

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Title: The Arrival

Rendered in Poser Pro 2012
    Postwork in Photoshop CS5 Pro

The Core - Stonemason

Space Relic texture - Karanta
    Denizens - The AntFarm
    The Wasp Class Space Fighter - Serrge
    IDL Studio Sphere - Colm (with one Infinite light)
    Starfield background created in Filter Forge.
    Planet - 4 Hi-Res Primitive Balls

Used Creating your custom planets in Poser tutorial - Shakeno
    http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/poser/poser-maps03
    All the images with the settings are missing, so it involved a lot of guesswork and experimenting with Poser Procedurals

The-Arrival_Stonemason.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 551K
  • KinichKinich Posts: 855
    edited December 1969

My first entry.

Title: 'The Stonemasons Yard'

Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5, Post work in GIMP 2.8.

Stonemason Products Used:

City Ruins Buildings 1 & 2, Urban Sprawl 2 The Big City, The Backstreets, Urban Future 4: Street Level, Castle Ruins, Greeble City Blocks 2, Dark Places: Sewers 2K9, Dark Places: Industrial 2K9, The Devils Toybox, Craters And Containers 2.

Stonemason Free Items Used:

Floater Bot, Dystopian Furniture

Other Stuff Used:

City Roads, Potting Shed and Tools, Forklift, LB Tall Grass, Songbird Remix Birds of Legend (Nightingale), Garbage Cans, DAZ Squirrel, V4, Welder Girl & Miss Fix It, Digital Curls Hair, RMLara, Genesis, Effortless Cool & Mellow, Pyrit Hair Aiden M5, HLA Book, Sculpting Tools, The Corridors, Free Dystopian Soda.

Think that's everything.

The_Stonemasons_Yard.jpg
    1504 x 1000 - 824K
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

this is not an official entry of mine....but it could be..if my other 2 wouldn't be so ..awesome :D (hehehe)

starwars_small.jpg
    1500 x 938 - 1001K
  • MarcosDKMarcosDK Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    this is not an official entry of mine....but it could be..if my other 2 wouldn't be so ..awesome :D (hehehe)

Fantastic work. your work is always so inspiring. :)

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

Whowhowhow...

Will you be my teacher? :D This is awesome...

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

Uh oh, here come the big boys, hehehe...

...but seriously, wow, great stuff! Can't wait to see your actual entries

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    genejoke said:
    made in ds4.5 and photoshop

using
    urban sprawl
    michael 5
    town and country
    zombie fr genesis

You forgot to list your title which is required.

Thanks for that Reminder Matty. Just went back and added a title to my first attempt. :red:

• FroschGottFroschGott Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Title: Age Of Fire
    Used: Urban Ruins, City Ruins Building 01, City Ruins Building 02, City Ruins Building 03, City Ruins Building 04
    Render: Carrara 8.5beta
    Postwork: Gimp 2.8

Age_of_Fire_1500px.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 829K
  • FroschGottFroschGott Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Isikol said:

Are we limited with our entries?
    Don't tell me! :gulp:

edit: Now I read to the end. :(
    Hard to choose now what to do.
    Although I'm not allowed to repost my personal favourite using a Stonemason model. :/

Post edited by FroschGott on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

Are we limited with our entries?
    Don't tell me! :gulp:

Yes, 2 images per person.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited February 2013

Edit: removed because I didn't want to distract from a great picture.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:

Geeze, can't wait to see your "official entries". This is one AWESOME render!! :-)
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited February 2013

Miss B said:
    Isikol said:

Geeze, can't wait to see your "official entries". This is one AWESOME render!! :-)

Thank you all people...for those who are familiar with my work already know that my renders are not just plain renders...i spent several hours in photoshop tweaking many things, even at some cases changing all the lights from the raw render...Stephans stuff are always in my scenes as he is my number one solution for the backdrops...

I have 2 entries that im still working but as i want to aim for first place i have to check every single detail to be perfect...

As an advice i would like to tell you to check every 2-3 days your scene again and again...with fresh eyes you notice hundreds of things that you could tweak in order to achieve perfection...

@sedor i wish that could be possible but i live in Greece...but if i win i promise a ten page step by step tutorial on my image in order to give away some small hints and tricks im using...

For now all i have to tell you is to check the overall composition, use simple things as the rule of thirds, and color ballane...make your foreground stand up from backround...if you are going for a dark front the back should be light and vice versa...check stonemasons images for example...he always guides the eye through the image...i could talk for pages for stuff like that..:)

Post edited by ISIKOL on
  • MarcosDKMarcosDK Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Isikol, I really appreciate your comments and tips. Thank you very much. :)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited February 2013

Isi and I have very similar methods in how we "construct" an image.

I often render in bits and pieces, background elements, mid ground and foreground elements are often rendered separately then combined in an image editor. This allows you to add effects and other postwork techniques to each element individually and add effects between layers.

Check out the work of Gustav Dore for what Isi was talking about with using dark and light for foreground and background elements, his work is excellent for demonstrating this.

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Isikol said:

Uh oh, here come the big boys, hehehe...
    ...sigh, I know.
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Isi and I have very similar methods in how we "construct" an image.

I often render in bits and pieces, background elements, mid ground and foreground elements are often rendered separately then combined in an image editor. This allows you to add effects and other postwork techniques to each element individually and add effects between layers.

Check out the work of Gustav Dore for what Isi was talking about with using dark and light for foreground and background elements, his work is excellent for demonstrating this.

That's how i work too, just seems easier when every thing is in pieces. Not that my child like finger paintings can even compare
    I just lack the talent to make it all work like you and Isikol. You guys could come out with the most detailed tutorial ever made and still leave people wondering "how did they just do that?" "LOL"

Edit: oh yeah I'm gonna throw Kurt Lundqvist in there too as one of those people that drop you jaw with every pice of work. Talk about 3 people who's brain you wish you could pick at. (in a non Zombie way)

@ Isikol Love the star wars picture, can't wait to see what your actual entry's are like if that one wasn't as good as the ones you are working on

• Rhol FigamentRhol Figament Posts: 12
    edited February 2013

Title : Wind Walker

They call her kind Wind Walkers. A highly trained guild of Assassins. One of the best is Sheeona. In certain campfire circles, tales of her legendary deeds are whispered from one breeze to another...

As the very air itself moves from one room to another,
    In the moment between one breath and another...

In the ebb and flow of time and space,
    She waits for the next mark to come down...

.....................................................................................

V4 - Daz
    MDD - Jasmena - Maddelirium
    Lemonade outfit / Assassin mat / AMP - AlfaseeD
    Desire Hair - AlfaseeD
    Greek Ruins - Stonemason
    Enchanted Forest tree - Stonemason
    Daz Studio 3 Adv
    Reality 2
    A bit o' PS...;)

Assassin_-_11.jpg
    1100 x 800 - 444K
    Post edited by Rhol Figament on
  • 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    Miss B said:
    Isikol said:

Thank you all people...for those who are familiar with my work already know that my renders are not just plain renders...i spent several hours in photoshop tweaking many things, even at some cases changing all the lights from the raw render...Stephans stuff are always in my scenes as he is my number one solution for the backdrops...

I have 2 entries that im still working but as i want to aim for first place i have to check every single detail to be perfect...

As an advice i would like to tell you to check every 2-3 days your scene again and again...with fresh eyes you notice hundreds of things that you could tweak in order to achieve perfection...

@sedor i wish that could be possible but i live in Greece...but if i win i promise a ten page step by step tutorial on my image in order to give away some small hints and tricks im using...

For now all i have to tell you is to check the overall composition, use simple things as the rule of thirds, and color ballane...make your foreground stand up from backround...if you are going for a dark front the back should be light and vice versa...check stonemasons images for example...he always guides the eye through the image...i could talk for pages for stuff like that..:)

Well, if you don't want that last entry, I'll take it. ;)