Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@wonderland   LOL!!!! You can use a time warp machine for your avatar! That's the strangest thing I've seen in a long time so far as glitches go!

@RGcincy-  Rich- love that Coast Guard render, it looks so real, even with the slight graininess. WOW. 

It's actually quite cool here in Pensacola right now, it's in the 80's during the day, but it's in the 50's right now (usually in the lower 70's the past month, with a few ups and downs.) It actually feels quite nice, cherishing it before the tropical summer heat arrives.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    Novica said:
    It's actually quite cool here in Pensacola right now, it's in the 80's during the day, but it's in the 50's right now (usually in the lower 70's the past month, with a few ups and downs.) It actually feels quite nice, cherishing it before the tropical summer heat arrives.

You live in Pepsicola? I was stationed there back in 1994, at Corey Station...

Valandar said:
    Novica said:

You live in Pepsicola? I was stationed there back in 1994, at Corey Station...

Since 2004, a few days before lovely Hurricane Ivan hit. Then 9 months later, Hurricane Dennis. Both very strong Category 3's. Then twelve years go by, not another hurricane! Not complaining either. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    Odaa said:

I'm enjoying the Warhol Inspired Spotlighting Vol 2. light set. Here is preset 80 on a Facegen character whose skin came out of Facegen too orange.

Very nice! I like that lighting.

Still catching up here on this's thread... Apparently I joined Daz a REALLY long time ago, 1969! LOL. Talk about glitches! Or maybe I went through a time machine and landed in another dimension where I used all my geek knowledge to create Daz AND invent the Internet.

Wow! You even predate handheld calculators. You must have been the founder of Daz - hope you are getting checks for the profits.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Anyone else having an issue with a coupon code not working?

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Anyone else having an issue with a coupon code not working?

The orange one? It's not working for me. Not that I'm in a hurry to spend it, but that's not the point;-)

• Yes, it is not working for me either.  Read it like four times to make sure I wasn't supposed to have some special relic in my cart that would magically activate it.....NADA!

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

The 'new stuff' coupon worked. Haven't tried the others.

Yes.  Not working for me either.  I'm not in a hurry either lol. A couple of pose sets I would pick up for a couple of bucks if it was working though

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

I don't seem to have a coupon, but haven't been buying any new stuff since the centaur 7.

edited April 2017

"Scottish Centaur"

One of the most frequent comments about the centaur has been the junction between the human and horse halves. I chose the scarf as a way to hide the junction and everything else led from that decision.

I have a bunch of products in this Iray render.

Scottish Centaur a.png
    900 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

I bought Centaur7 + 3 addons, a few PC+ items, Skin Builder 3, and the Flashlight Set (you can never have enough flashlights! My significant other mocks me IRL, but it's true), alas no banner for me. :(

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

There is a coupon?

What qualifies?

DO - no new stuff, no gc, no memberships. But it doesn't seem to work at the moment frown

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

But, it is it just the regular PC+ coupon you're trying to use, or did you get it for being a customer that DAZ likes extra special for buying something, or not buying enough, or having a T as the third letter of your handle? :)

I think its because we breathed dragon fire at the dark of the moon myself but hey, what do I know?

I think its because we breathed dragon fire at the dark of the moon myself but hey, what do I know?

I'm pretty sure that's it. Drat my lack of dragon fire! ;)

RGcincy said:

"Scottish Centaur"

One of the most frequent comments about the centaur has been the junction between the human and horse halves. I chose the scarf as a way to hide the junction and everything else led from that decision.

I have a bunch of products in this Iray render.

Oh, my goodness! That is awesome! Now we know where the centaurs are hiding out. And what's under those kilts...

No, it's one for being special; and I'm not sure in which sense of the word they mean that.

I'll go with breathing moon fire at dark dragons as well - it's the best explanation

Oh, and I love the Scottish Centaur - he looks great

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695

Apparently there are two orange banners, this was said in the new sales/glitches thread in the Commons and supposedly fixed. So what is the big deal about talking about them? It seems silly. I know one is for 40% off Daz Originals until April 28 but doesn't say if it can be used more than once. I don't know what the other one does.. 

I'm not even certain I'm going to use it - the things I'm considering were even cheaper a few days ago, and when you don't buy something at $2 or so, it's probably a sign that you don't really want it that badly frown

The Scottish Centaur looks fantastic!

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

No orange banners here, and for once I'm a little bit sad....

The Scottish Centaur looks as good as any of the promo art for the Centaur! (And in many cases, better!) 

Congrats to Luci45 for being featured in the Platinum Club newsletter today as the winner in PC+ Inspirations Contest. Nice job Luci45!

edited April 2017

Thread visitors- I have a favor to ask. (One you'll like!) Would you please consider voting in the RRRR contest?

EDIT: Here's the entries thread. There's only been THREE voters and it closes on the 30th. You will laugh out loud when you see these renders- the way it works, you draw randomly from your products and have to do a render using the theme chosen for that month. It is absolutely HILARIOUS. The link to voting is near the end of the thread (and probably near the beginning or first post, I don't have time to check as I'm already late meeting someone to ride with at the barn)  

It takes a lot to set up a contest and Survey Monkey for voting- let's all have some fun and at the same time, support the artists. I'm perusing the thread and voting when I get home. It's SO easy to vote, and Survey Monkey is a secure site, they do NOT share your email addy when you sign up, etc. Used them for years. Appreciate your help!  (And your votes ARE confidential. Only Totte sees the results. He's done this for years and can absolutely be trusted.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Does anyone have Sexy Skinz - Lace Bodysuits?   It's in fast grab and I'm wondering if anyone has renders, a review of the product?  I'm not sure if this got reviewed when it first came out or not.  If it did, a link to that would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited April 2017

Does anyone have Sexy Skinz - Lace Bodysuits?   It's in fast grab and I'm wondering if anyone has renders, a review of the product?  I'm not sure if this got reviewed when it first came out or not.  If it did, a link to that would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I don't have any renders at this computer, but I do own it and use it. It works as advertised: a bunch of semi-transparent LIE overlays that you click on and it applies on top of the G3F skin currently in use (no geoshells involved, it's what we used to call a "second skin"). It's slow to load, so give it a minute or two after clicking. I bought it to have some "modesty" layers to apply under short skirts and lowcut tops, that would look more realistic and professional than me just dumping a shader on the torso, and they work okay for that, with some limitations that are pretty obvious from the promo art (note the shoulder straps on the one design that curve weirdly following the shape of G3F's UV map. There's also a style with keyhole cutouts on the cleavage that don't look good with the plunging v-necks favor by Daz dressmakers.)

Post edited by Odaa on

Novica had some posts about it here and here. As she said: "Seriously, get those Lace Bodysuits"

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Odaa said:

I don't have any renders at this computer, but I do own it and use it. It works as advertised: a bunch of semi-transparent LIE overlays that you click on and it applies on top of the G3F skin currently in use (no geoshells involved, it's what we used to call a "second skin"). It's slow to load, so give it a minute or two after clicking. I bought it to have some "modesty" layers to apply under skimpwear, that would look more realistic and professional than me just dumping a shader on the torso, and they work okay for that, with some limitations that are pretty obvious from the promo art (note the shoulder straps on the one design that curve weirdly following the shape of G3F's UV map. There's also a style with keyhole cutouts on the cleavage that don't look good with the plunging v-necks favor by Daz dressmakers.)

Thanks for that!  I'll think about it.  It's a little different than what I was thinking it was.

This discussion has been closed.