Obtaining Data from Daz Connect

13»

Comments

• The install symbol on a coloured thumbnail is right - it isn't installed via Connect, but is installed and in the CMS and can be used. The ones that still have grey icons are the ones that are in error. Since this is an intermittent issue, afecting only some items, it's very hard to troubleshoot. Have you opened a support ticket?

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506
    edited June 2016

Yes I did,  a week ago,  but no response..

Have several tickets, and no-one is responding :(

I did re-import the Meta data and now those icons are gone, and showing as "new"

but now I got a whole bunch of the error ones again :(  

I know they are installed..  I can delete them in the content folder,  but they still show up under the smart/library.

Post edited by pkappetein on
  • Sorry, I can't think of any other options to try.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

This is Daz Connect at its finest.

Ok, I have a solution but it is a pain to inplement.

1st you have to uninstall the grey items in your Daz content library by right clicking and it will give you the option to delete. Delete the offending grey product or products keep track  with Notepad because you will need this info.

2nd turn off daz studio.

3rd start DIM and do a search and unistall the file or files that you deleted from Daz studio (this physically removes file).

4th redownload and reinstall file.

5th restart daz studio this will reimport metadata and you should have colored icons that work.

Happy Rendering.

• When you remove the grey icon you are removing it from the database, not removing any files. Installing via DIM adds the items to the database - if you are having to reimport metadata after that then there is something wrong with your database/DIM/DS so that at least one is not being correctly written to or read from.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

When you remove the grey icon you are removing it from the database, not removing any files. Installing via DIM adds the items to the database - if you are having to reimport metadata after that then there is something wrong with your database/DIM/DS so that at least one is not being correctly written to or read from.

You are absolutly right. Connect is mucking up the works. This is a fresh install on a new workstation. So something is wrong. We need developer tools to fix problems when they crop up inside Daz studio. Need a simple interface for finding and fixing errors inside daz studio other that a text file telling us somethng is wrong. Ok, I feel better for my rant. I should add this procedure was the only way to get things installed to work in studio because of Connect. I just glad I found a solution.