Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited April 2017

A table lamp.  This lights a room very very much like my lamps at home do with like, zero effort

TABLE LAMP.png
    1186 x 1920 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited April 2017

Well, I had my cave all set up, about 12 plants arranged, had my figure in place, dressed, posed etc and lost it all.  For some reason when I saved it before rendering it didn't save it to the spot it was supposed to and its now completely gone.  Will have to do it again but not tonight. So I did a another quick one. 

Psychadelic.png
    1186 x 948 - 1M
  • KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,217

Well, I had my cave all set up, about 12 plants arranged, had my figure in place, dressed, posed etc and lost it all.  For some reason when I saved it before rendering it didn't save it to the spot it was supposed to and its now completely gone.  Will have to do it again but not tonight.

BOOOOOOOOO. If you haven't saved anything else in the mean time, could you not click on save again and see what directory pops up?

I tried.  I did a search on both drives with the file name etc.  Its gone.  As soon as the render I've got going is done I am going to start again.  I have a couple of hours at least and since I know what I want to do it should go a bit quicker this time lol. Should at least be able to get it mostly put together at the very least tonight.

The lantern looks great.  Very realistic - all of the elements, including the flame.

It does, doesn't it?  If I would have let it finish the faint grain at the top of the flame would be gone as well.

edited April 2017

Okay I recreated what I lost and made some changes that I think really improved things.  I'm really liking this one. And it rendered in 5 minutes or less

INSIDE THE CAVE.png
    1186 x 948 - 2M
  • KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,217

Okay I recreated what I lost and made some changes that I think really improved things.  I'm really liking this one. And it rendered in 5 minutes or less

Yay! Looks great dragon, very trippy.

Thank you!  I've had someting like this in mind for a very long time but was never able to really make it work.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited April 2017
    wgdjohn said:

Kewl...  tell me do you create your own poses from scratch, use preset poses or modify the latter?   Just curious.

Depends on what I'm doing.  I usually look for something that I have that is relatively close to what I want and then modify, sometimes heavily lol.  I also have pose builder so I use that as well, I can go in and use the bottom half of one pose with the torso of another and the arms of still another if I need to.

Great... I'm mostly doing as you do except in Carrara of course.  I go have Pose Builder for G1, 2 and 3 but need to open Studio to build the pose I'm looking for.  Speaking of combining parts when buying poses I tend to have a lot from i13, especially the ones which also have different head and expression poses plus so many come with models.

In the current Carrara Challenge #32 They Only Come Out At Night - WIP Thread  I applied a G3 pose to a 3DUniverse character, Jasmine for Genesis,...  had to extremely modify the pose since it wasn't designed for Genesis.  If you are not participating this time you ougth to check out some of the work other folks have done... I'm totally out of my element trying 3 things I've never used before.

Ohhh... your cave... very good.  Are those some products by Traveler?

Post edited by wgdjohn on

@wgdjohn the alien plants are from Traveler.

I really still want to put something together for this months contest but I realize I am running out of time.  Its been a busy month at my house, so I am not sure if I will get anything done on time or not. I've been looking at the WIP's there are some very very cool things going on!

I have a lot of i13's poses, Feral Fey is another that has really well done poses. There are more I just can't remember them right this second lol

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

That's very realistic! 

Thanks!  I'm super pleased with it

edited April 2017

My first attempt with the new Skinbuilder for G3F.  I used Sim Teneros Randomizer for the character and the skin builder for the skin.  I can't say enough good things about this product (actually, both products).  It exceeded my expectations and they were already high given my experience with the version for Genesis and Gen2F.  Sadly, I did not read the manual before making this skin so didn't save it.  I did save the character so hopefully the skin is intact.

DEENA.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    edited April 2017

Your talk of the SimTenero  Randomizer has been driving me nuts... I finally added it to my whishlist... now for some sanity... yeah sure. :)

I'd think that if it came up with a mix I'm happy about I could save it as a character preset.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

You certainly can.  I have several characters saved, works perfectly.

Kewl!

You can use it on just about anything that has morphs. Some people have had some success with hair and things like that.  I would imagine you would have to play around with it.  Hmmm I wonder if it works on the Dragon 3 and its characters and add ons??   Will put it on my list of of things to try at some point lol.

The promos show it working on Dragon 3.  I wonder if it might also work on objects... prolly have to create them as a character and not a prop.

I don't think it cares if its a character or not.   When it first came out people were trying all sorts of things.  I think it just has to have morphs

Even better!

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

My first attempt with the new Skinbuilder for G3F.  I used Sim Teneros Randomizer for the character and the skin builder for the skin.  I can't say enough good things about this product (actually, both products).  It exceeded my expectations and they were already high given my experience with the version for Genesis and Gen2F.  Sadly, I did not read the manual before making this skin so didn't save it.  I did save the character so hopefully the skin is intact.

I saw this on the skin builder thread, it really turned out awesome!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

It looks really great.  I guess both products are going on my wishlist!

Thank you DeathByCannon and Worlds_Edge!  I would say that these two products are well worth getting @Worlds_Edge.  It will save a you a ton of money on characters and skins lol.  Of course you do need to have a bit of a selection so that you have morphs to work with in the Randomizer

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Wow ! G3 character turned out fabulous !  Also love the multicolor renders, I'm a fan of multicolors like rainbows, prism, etc....  Great job yes

Thank you very much! 

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Thank you very much! 

Enjoy viewing your renders, your a phenomenal artist.  Also, congrats on the front page cover art, which is wicked cool yes 

Awww you just made my day, thank you!

edited April 2017

Highlander Outfit by Luthbel converted to G2F. Jut palying around a bit tonight, super busy family weekend but I wanted to do at least play a tiny bit lol.

HIGHLANDER.png
    988 x 1600 - 3M
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Very nice!  It converted well, I think.  Well done, Sonja.

Thanks!  I really like a lot of the older outfits they come with a lot of items and a lot of textures for most of them.  The vest for this one I could not get to work (its a man's outfit and the chest area just would not work lol.  So it has the Adventurer top but everything else is the Highlander including the sword.  I did change the hood texture, I wanted to have it match the kilt more.  I might track down the original texture for the kilt and use it but its was late and there is too much going on this weekend to stay up til 3 am. (I'm not usually that smart though lol, there have been plenty of nights where I just couldn't get up from a render lol.)

This discussion has been closed.