Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited April 2017

Just for fun. Rerendering a more close up, because I think it has the potential to be more dramatic

Dancer.png
    1236 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited April 2017

This is the close up.  I think I like it lol.  May or may not run it through some filters.

Dancer Close up.png
    2000 x 1600 - 8M
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited April 2017

I like this pose, Sonja.  Very dramatic.  She's got some interesting makeup. 

Post edited by dracorn on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Kewl...  tell me do you create your own poses from scratch, use preset poses or modify the latter?   Just curious.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

That's some interesting make-up. Almost like stained glass :)

wgdjohn said:

Kewl...  tell me do you create your own poses from scratch, use preset poses or modify the latter?   Just curious.

Depends on what I'm doing.  I usually look for something that I have that is relatively close to what I want and then modify, sometimes heavily lol.  I also have pose builder so I use that as well, I can go in and use the bottom half of one pose with the torso of another and the arms of still another if I need to.

mori_mann said:

That's some interesting make-up. Almost like stained glass :)

Yes she has some beautiful make ups, although this one you need to be pretty close to see the details, farther away it blends together (beautifully, you just don't see the interesting details far away)

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Really nice, Sonja!

Thank you very much!

It looks like I will have a bit more free time to render etc this month than I had thought, although its still going to be pretty busy.  My MIL was supposed to go in for a  knee replacement today and I had planned to take the week off and stay with her once she came home. (My husband is an only so its just us when she needs help).  And my daughter is graduating from college with a nursing degree on Mothers Day ( I can't even begin to say how proud I am of her, she has some anxiety issues and she has worked incredibly hard all of her life to work through those and learn how to cope.  Its been a long journey but she did it and I am continually amazed and inspired by her perseverence and dedication).  Anyway, my MIL's surgery was rescheduled to August, her blood pressure was too high and they need to get that under control first. 

Still have to get the garden going and now that the weather is nicer, I will be spending a lot more time outside but I'm excited that I will have that extra free time.  I got so much cool stuff during MM and I am dying to try out the MICK contruction set, I had a quick look at the preloads and at the risk of sounding like a crazy fan, I can't even begin to express how cool they are lol. Its like walking right into another world. 

edited April 2017

A little something using Alsan Court 1, Aibell,  @PA_ThePhilosopher's animated Butterfly and Whisps (without the animation obviously) and a little something else possibly coming soon from @KindredArts.

NATURES CHILD.png
    1414 x 2000 - 5M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love the butterfly image.  Funnily enough, I just finished setting up a scene that I've been working on today and it uses the butterflies, too.  It's rendering now.  Very interested to see what you come up with next with KindredArts' stuff.  :)

I love the butterfly image.  Funnily enough, I just finished setting up a scene that I've been working on today and it uses the butterflies, too.  It's rendering now.  Very interested to see what you come up with next with KindredArts' stuff.  :)

Thank you!  I have some thoughts on some more renders coming, and I think its going to be quite useful when all is said and done. 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

A little something using Alsan Court 1, Aibell,  @PA_ThePhilosopher's animated Butterfly and Whisps (without the animation obviously) and a little something else possibly coming soon from @KindredArts.

This makes me wish I'd have gotten those butterflies on sale! Nice one!

Thank you!

They are very easy to use, easy to rotate etc.  One day I may even try animating lol.

edited April 2017

Just a quicky render with the new Centaur.  I had the package in and out of my cart about 20 times this morning, it was so not in my budget but I finally caved.  I've been waiting for a good centaur since I started in DAZ, although I do have the previous version which works well enough.  But this is my genre, and I am just going to have to sell a kidney or something.  And again using something coming soon from KindredArts. I think you guys will find it very useful!

LEAP.png
    1414 x 1131 - 2M
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

love the butterflies, even not animated they give the feeling of movement, and the pose is great with them. The centaur went in and out of my cart too, but he ended up staying out for now. I have so much to use from MM and a few renders that are waiting to happen because I need one or two things to finish them off. 

edited April 2017

I know what you mean.  I've had to wishlist more than several things. Really need to concentrate on using what I have.

Speaking of, been wanting to render this bed.  I think its beautiful and honestly, right now as I get ready for work, I would far prefer to crawl back into bed lol.  Especially one as lovely as this.  This is lit using just the bedside lamps, was really happy with how it turned out.

I also discovered that I don't have a lot actual rooms to put all of my furniture in.  I will have to make the time to model a couple simple wall in Carrara and save them over to DAZ

Time For Bed.png
    2400 x 1920 - 5M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Hi Ice Dragon.  I'm a new user of Daz and have been using smart content.  I've noticed that while it is great to have a visual reference for content, it does make kitbashing a bit difficult (or I could be doing it wrong).  If I were to catagorize using your method, would it leave my smart content intact or could it break it?  In case I mess up, I'd like a fall back, lol.

Okay here is a bit of an overview of my custom categories.  I did screenshots for People/Genesis 2 Female/Clothes/Boots & Shoes/Boots/all the mats for the different boots.

No it won't break your original links or files.  You are basically just creating your own set of links to the content files, so you aren't messing with anything that changes the original content library.  Its super easy to do (can be time consuming at first, depending on how much stuff you have lol.) You can also categorize across libraries so you can put stuff from the Poser library that is listed underneath your my daz studio library right in there with the stuff from your Smart Content library. I don't use Smart Content, I use DIM but it works the same, I have a version at work that I only use Smart Content with, I don't have much on it but the categorization works the same.

Thank you,that is very helpful. I use DIM to install and have been leery of downloading from non-Daz sites for fear of losing my content. I started in Daz this year and have almost 1000 installs so it should take me quite a while but it will help me get more familiar w my content at the very least. BTW, I have been using Evernote to keep track of content. I simply screenshot the product page pic and then add searchable tags such as female clothing, male hair, places, sci go etc... 

That's a great idea.  I have Evernote, I'm using it for a book/worldbuilding project. 

Most of the other sites out there are fine to buy or get freebie stuff from.  While about 3/4 of my content is Daz, the 1/4 is from other sites like Rendo, ShareCG, HIvewire etc.I've never had any issues so far, other than the occaisional freebie that just doesn't want to work.

edited April 2017

Test, just ignore lol.

TABLE LAMPS TEST.png
    1236 x 1236 - 3M
    edited April 2017

Wanted to see if I could get a multi colored light inside a cave to make it look mysterious.  This was just a quick test run but its definitely headed in the right direction with some help from one of my favorite vendors @KindredArts. I'm going to make a whole scene out of this and populate the cave with some alien plants and some skeletons and a hero or heroine skulking along. Not the angle I am going to be using either , and there is a door that goes in that opening.  I was having some issues with the water shader I applied to the lava and it was just too late last night to try and fix it hence the odd angle lol.

MULTI COLORED CAVE.png
    2400 x 1483 - 6M
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Thos butterfleis are lovely, I really don't need anything for animation but to have such a lto of them and move around the place it quite nice.

But now I really curious as to how you made that colour shift through the complete cave!

Linwelly said:

Thos butterfleis are lovely, I really don't need anything for animation but to have such a lto of them and move around the place it quite nice.

But now I really curious as to how you made that colour shift through the complete cave!

Thank you!  As far as the color shift in the cave, I can't really say anything other than its something Kindred Arts is working on and its probably coming soon.  I have another going that is much nicer that will be rendering here shortly.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    Linwelly said:

Thank you!  As far as the color shift in the cave, I can't really say anything other than its something Kindred Arts is working on and its probably coming soon.  I have another going that is much nicer that will be rendering here shortly.

how comes you get all the neat stuff to test from him ( pouting vigourously). Now that sound exciting... they all want my money, and I really want to get Zev0s skin maker... I need more money...

Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

how comes you get all the neat stuff to test from him ( pouting vigourously). Now that sound exciting... they all want my money, and I really want to get Zev0s skin maker... I need more money...

Lol well I did perhaps mention in the forums at some point that I was willing to test things for people.  Its fun and I really enjoy exploring new things.

Although I may need another job as well if they keep coming up with all of this great stuff!

edited April 2017

A Lantern. I didn't let it quite finish as I have a other stuff I need to try but this will be most useful for time periods before electricity. I particularly like the metal finish on this.

LANTERN.png
    1186 x 1920 - 2M

The lantern looks great.  Very realistic - all of the elements, including the flame.

This discussion has been closed.