Can't use the program suddendly

After year of flakey Hexagon now I have essentially useless Hexagaon. Even just 2 weeks ago I was doing detail line modeling and now I can't it to do much more than "not responding" in Windows 10. It freezes on anything. It won't open files I already made. I have other memory intensive programs that aren't acting up, so what's suddenly wrong that causes Hexagon to be useless? I have enjoyed using it to do tons of quick builds. Thanks for feedback

Comments

• Sorry to hear your having problems.

Has your graphics card updated lately ?

The only things I can suggest you try is re-setting your Preferences. If that does not work, re-installing it.

With any luck a more techy person will respond.

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215

After year of flakey Hexagon now I have essentially useless Hexagaon. Even just 2 weeks ago I was doing detail line modeling and now I can't it to do much more than "not responding" in Windows 10. It freezes on anything. It won't open files I already made. I have other memory intensive programs that aren't acting up, so what's suddenly wrong that causes Hexagon to be useless? I have enjoyed using it to do tons of quick builds. Thanks for feedback

What are your system specs? What video chipset are you using as well as your OS?

Above all, the most common issue with Hexagon is certain problems with OpenGL and newer video cards/chipsets. Even so, it's possible to get it running decently. I have an NVidia card and custom settings specifically for Hex and have tweaked Hex's preferences to counter the most buggy OpenGL-related issues and only rarely get crashes.

IIRC, you can manually delete Hex's prefs if you can't get it to start up. First, though, try rebooting, just to clear up anything that may be hanging around. Then, if you still can't get it to run, check your video card settings and driver. Reduce the settings, especially where any fancy OpenGL stuff is concerned, and see if you can get Hex up, so you can reset the prefs and untoggle some of the things like "fast update" for the screen window/multiple windows, or whatever they call it. That causes the most problems.