Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Our house is a cluttered mess most of the time but I'm anal retentive about my desktop..

-Emma

Desktop.jpg
    4160 x 1440 - 1M
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Oh, your desktop rocks! If only it was as easy to keep the house clean and it is the computer screen, LOL

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Fisty said:

Our house is a cluttered mess most of the time but I'm anal retentive about my desktop..

-Emma

Oh, @Fisty is on Steam!  :)  I love your wallpaper image, too.  

Fisty said:

-Emma

Oh, @Fisty is on Steam!  :)  I love your wallpaper image, too.  

edited April 2017

Hope you all aren't getting sick of this yet, but I'm still tinkering. Because I'm Scottish and extremely stubborn! Bydand, baby!

I flipped the image, moved the words over and darkened them. I feel like I want to shove him over a little to the right. I had to rearrange my icons because I didn't like the icons encroaching on him, LOL. Yes, I'm also anal about my desktop, doggone it! 

Star Gazing Wallpaper4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    kim desktop2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018809493/

The Japanese courtyard is from Wallpaper Engine, the rain actually falls.. it's really cool.

Thanks for reminding me about Wallpaper Engine. Seems like someone mentioned it a month or so ago. I wanted to check it out but got sidetracked by shiny objects (probably March Madness!) 

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

I'd like to see your render with the words starting with" We are all in the gutter as the first rung, then going from low to high

Stars

Are looking at the 

But some of us

we are all in the gutter

Oscar Wilde

Somethig like that I see it as steps to the stars 

Just a thought

Ooh, I love that idea, @cismic ! I will play some more! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That looks better.  More comfortable lol.  You may be right on the left to right bit.

Fisty, that's a heck of a clean desktop.  Mine is not nearly as good but things are arranged in a certain order.  Never heard of that wallpaper site, I'm most definitely going to go check it out.

That looks better.  More comfortable lol.  You may be right on the left to right bit.

Fisty, that's a heck of a clean desktop.  Mine is not nearly as good but things are arranged in a certain order.  Never heard of that wallpaper site, I'm most definitely going to go check it out.

I keep my icons turned off. Keeps a very clean desktop. :-)  Can always get to programs I'm working with. 

edited April 2017

First attempt at the stair-stepped lettering. Not there yet, but getting close. The tricky part is having lettering in a complimentary color that looks good in both the darker and lighter spaces of the image. I also re-rendered the image with Diesel farther over to the right, and let it run till completion. Click and zoom in. The image is ginormous- 3356x2000.

Letters look good in preview but on an actual desktop they look huge. Will have to play some more.

Stargazing_Large_3356x2000.jpg
    3556 x 2000 - 4M
    Fisty said:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018809493/

The Japanese courtyard is from Wallpaper Engine, the rain actually falls.. it's really cool.

@Fisty  Thanks.  I took a look.  I can't tell if I could get it working in Linux, but it's fairly cheap so I might think about giving it a try.  If not, I still have a small emergency windows drive.  I clicked follow on your page, but I have absolutely no idea what that does.  I haven't had a chance to interact with Steam much other than play games which I haven't managed in awhile.  That should change now that I have a new joystick.  I mostly only have my boys and Isidorn on there as a friends.

@Llynara  I like the looks of that stair step idea.  Did you change the color, though, because it looks lighter and it looked better in the version where the text looks darker.

Llynara said:

First attempt at the stair-stepped lettering. Not there yet, but getting close. The tricky part is having lettering in a complimentary color that looks good in both the darker and lighter spaces of the image. I also re-rendered the image with Diesel farther over to the right, and let it run till completion. Click and zoom in. The image is ginormous- 3356x2000.

Letters look good in preview but on an actual desktop they look huge. Will have to play some more.

I think this image turned out awesome. Has me reading and following up to the heveans well stars.:-)

edited April 2017

Thanks, @cismic for your great suggestion. The words are still bugging me, but I think we're almost there. 

@knittingmommy I agree, I'll keep playing with it. I added a glow behind the letters and did lighten the color. May take me a day or two, but I'll figure it out.

EDIT: In the meantime, I picked up Filter Forge and am trying to figure that out (there was a giveaway for version 5 and a heavy discount on version 6 recently.) I was delighted to see our own @IgnisSerpentus over there with all kinds of awesome filters. Can't wait to play with these!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ya filter forge has a bit of a learning curve as well.

I went to Steam on got the wallpaper generator, and downloaded several different things.  I got the one that you have @Fisty and its breathtaking.  And very soothing.  Also inspired me to somewhat declutter my desktop lol

And I agree the letters looked better darker.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

For grins and giggles, try it with very dark letters with a white glow around them. 

Thanks, I will try that.

And can I tell you I'm in total heaven? Valzheimer came out with a Wear Them All Expansion that includes Generation 3 clothing! Wear Them All has to be one of the most useful items I own, but it only went back to Generation 4 ( still a great thing!) The expansion allows Generation 3 clothing to be used easily on Genesis 3 Females and Males. So excited! It's less steps to bring the clothing forward. Generation 3 has some really wonderful clothing.

• NathNath Posts: 2,708
    Llynara said:

Thanks, I will try that.

And can I tell you I'm in total heaven? Valzheimer came out with a Wear Them All Expansion that includes Generation 3 clothing! Wear Them All has to be one of the most useful items I own, but it only went back to Generation 4 ( still a great thing!) The expansion allows Generation 3 clothing to be used easily on Genesis 3 Females and Males. So excited! It's less steps to bring the clothing forward. Generation 3 has some really wonderful clothing.

I jumped on that as soon as I saw it:-)

The Generation 3 Wear Them All, from left to right:

Victoria 7, Mirillian Suit (V3), Andy Hair (V3): Someone give that woman a sandwich!

X-Leonore, Daedalus Rudi (A3), Amarseda Hair (A3). Some small weirdnesses in the jacket, but gorgeous outfit

Ceridwen, Barbarian clothes (V3), Christine Hair (V3) "Why do I always end up wearing the chainmail without padding?"

Textures on the clothes converted to Iray, hairs all have UHT Iray shaders applied.

generation 3 autofit.jpg
    908 x 1056 - 426K

@Nath Ooh, the ladies look good in their "new to them" outfits. Great job! And you're right- Vicki 7 needs a sammich! That girl is all skin and bones!

I am going to have so much fun with the new Wear Them All :-)

Oooh, I wanna see! Please feel free to post here. It's sitting in my cart right now. Very tempted to get it. Just wish you didn't have to buy two items to trigger discounts today.

I'll be playing with this first: https://www.daz3d.com/mick-bundle (and that's my MM GC completely gone LOL), but I will:)

Oh wow, that's gorgeous! 

edited April 2017

Quick test render with the new Wear Them All expansion. Here's Lilith 7 wearing Fionnula for Aiko 3. That's the Top of the World set with First Light backdrop. The lighting need a little tweaking, but that's okay. 

The oufit fits pretty well on Lilith's lovely curves. (And any time I can get away with Gordon-looking tartans, I'm there!) I need to smooth a few things and there's slight poke through on the boots, but this product works so well! And eliminates the time consuming steps of fitting to Genesis and then Genesis 3. Love it!

fionnula.png
    1500 x 1433 - 3M

She looks magnificent!

edited April 2017

Ardeth for D3 and H3

I picked up a couple of Gen 3 characters in the Wear Them All sale, including this interesting one from Arki. This is Ardeth for David 3 and Hiro 3. He has some of the coolest tattoos and makeup options! It's a shame to cover any of them up, but I'm trying to stay within TOS. I don't have hardly anything for D3 yet, so I had to buy him some undies. Poor guy. I don't have the head and body morphs either, so this is just the texture on the default David base. Looks pretty good! 

His skin converts very well to Iray. He's wearing Cory Spikes hair. I'm finding some of these older hairs look fine with just the Uber base thrown on them. No need to reshade. (click for larger pics and zoom in to see tattoos.)

Also, David must be extremely tall. Haven't loaded him next to another character yet, but his head was higher than most of the studio lights I tried on him. And for some reasons the backgrounds were all wonky so I just rendered him without any. Too tired for figure it out tonight. Probably need to relaunch the program or something. 

FR Ardeth for David 3c.png
    1500 x 1433 - 1M
    FR Ardeth for David 3d.png
    1500 x 1433 - 1M
    FR Ardeth for David 3e.png
    1500 x 1433 - 1M

Nice!

edited April 2017

I almost got that character and didn't.  He looks great and now I'm wishing I had gotten him after all!  He looks great!  I ended up getting quite a bit of Luthbel's and Uzilite's stuff super cheap.

Note: fixed Uzilite's name.  I always get that spelled wrong! 

Post edited by Knittingmommy on