Genesis Female Genitalia

2»

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

Distributing anything that included any part of the mesh or a derivative from the mesh, such as a .uvs file, from the original Daz product would be against the DAZ 3D EULA.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

Well, that's pretty danged annoying. It took me a LONG time to decide to take the plunge and buy a "pro" pack JUST to get that prop. I've heard about it having a morph, I never saw one.

I just saw a render that used the old version, with the morph, and now I feel COMPLETELY ripped off.

What gives? Can this get fixed back to the way it used to be?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    It's certainly annoying... updates are supposed to fix issues, not create them

...that's what I said after the new website went live.

...and eight months later, still no galleries, the store keeps breaking, PC annual renewal still is a kluge, itemised order history is still unusable (without a third party fix), sales still show no expiration date, there are still no filters for the forums, avatars and banners are broken again, and timeouts are still a pain in the bum.

(a timeout should only occur if there is designated time of non activity by the user logged in)

...par for the course I guess.

edited January 2013

Wellp, I'm not one to give up easily. I decided to pop that ol' prop over into Hexagon, moved some vertexes around, and made a "separate" morph of my own. I was shocked, shocked, I tell you, that there's some pretty racy geometry tucked away in there. I probably shouldn't have typed that for fear it's taken away on the next "update." Still doesn't help with the material zone issue though.

Post edited by twalling on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

twalling said:
    Well, that's pretty danged annoying. It took me a LONG time to decide to take the plunge and buy a "pro" pack JUST to get that prop. I've heard about it having a morph, I never saw one.

Yeah, DAZ purged that functionality pretty earlier in the update cycle, and I doubt they'll ever reinstate it. Either find an earlier copy that still has that functionality, or wait for someone in the community to take it upon themselves to rework that particular item. It pissed me off when I found that it had been removed, as well...

edited December 1969

...the one thing to remember though is if you roll back you most likely will get a Duplicate ID error when you load a scene using it.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The Duplicate ID error is easy to fix, though. However, when you roll back, what you really want to do is merge the old files into the current files so you get the S5 UV map support as well. Requires a little hand-editing of the files, but that's not overly complicated, either. (Use a text diff utility and you'll find the handful of lines that need edting/merging.)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

twalling said:
    Well, I don't recall getting any morphs with the pro set I downloaded, though I don't really use the prop. That said, I'm certain there are indeed morphs available for it. I can't say how useful they are as, again, I don't really use the prop, but considering the sites they're usually on on I'd imagine it's quite explicit. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to divulge the site, due to the sexual nature of much of it's contents and I can't offer a direct link because my only experience with the site is having it show up on web searches.

Still, I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about. Maybe they can PM you with a link if they find it.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    The Duplicate ID error is easy to fix, though. However, when you roll back, what you really want to do is merge the old files into the current files so you get the S5 UV map support as well. Requires a little hand-editing of the files, but that's not overly complicated, either. (Use a text diff utility and you'll find the handful of lines that need edting/merging.)

Or you can just uninstall all versions then install the old version fist and open Studio. Close studio, install the latest version without letting the installer uninstall the previous version. Open Studio again and you'll have to new version with the old morph and a borked older version. Remove the older version via the Content DB Editor and at the same time fix the link to the new version (also in the Content DB Editor).

edited December 1969

twalling said:
    Well, I don't recall getting any morphs with the pro set I downloaded, though I don't really use the prop. That said, I'm certain there are indeed morphs available for it. I can't say how useful they are as, again, I don't really use the prop, but considering the sites they're usually on on I'd imagine it's quite explicit. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to divulge the site, due to the sexual nature of much of it's contents and I can't offer a direct link because my only experience with the site is having it show up on web searches.

Still, I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about. Maybe they can PM you with a link if they find it.

I have that set, but unfortnuately, I believe it was designed for the old, morphing version. The morphs look a bit funny and not like the way they show up in the thumbnails.

Now that I've made my own "seperate" morph, those morphs look a lot more like they should.

edited January 2013

cwichura said:

Or you can just uninstall all versions then install the old version fist and open Studio. Close studio, install the latest version without letting the installer uninstall the previous version. Open Studio again and you'll have to new version with the old morph and a borked older version. Remove the older version via the Content DB Editor and at the same time fix the link to the new version (also in the Content DB Editor).

The problem is that I came late to the party. I don't have the old version, I bought my S5 pro pack (after MUCH deliberation) when it was version 1.4 and evidently version 1.1 is the only non-prudish version. I don't know where I can get my grubby mitts on version 1.1

Post edited by twalling on
  • HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited January 2013

Yes there was the open/close morph.
    I have an animated close-up of it on my Renderotica gallery and another render I did with a custom morph I don't have around anymore.
    How lame they decided to take the morph out, but It's really easy to bridge the thing to Hexagon and do whatever you need, then import back to Studio and save the morph.

Post edited by Hellboy on
    edited January 2013

cwichura said:

...Richard has a script that fixes the Duplicate ID. There are links to it in various threads. I think the latest 4.5 thread in the "Stickies" has one.

As to editing the files, that is where I get lost.

Used to programme back in the pre-GUI age of computing, but in what are now pretty much lost languages of the ancients like COBOL, FORTRAN, Pascal, ANSI Basic, and CLI's like Z shell, DCL, & good ol' Command.com (VEDIT).

Burned out before C++, HTML, and scripting languages like JavaScript, Perl, and Python became the norm.

Haven't written a line of code in nearly two decades.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    cwichura said:

...Richard has a script that fixes the Duplicate ID. There are links to it in various threads. I think the latest 4.5 thread in the "Stickies" has one.

As to editing the files, that is where I get lost.

Used to programme back in the pre-GUI age of computing, but in what are now pretty much lost languages of the ancients like COBOL, FORTRAN, Pascal, ANSI Basic, and CLI's like Z shell, DCL, & good ol' Command.com (VEDIT).

Burned out before C++, HTML, and scripting languages like JavaScript, Perl, and Python became the norm.

Haven't written a line of code in nearly two decades.

You and me, both, although I was more Microsoft QuickBASIC and Borland C++.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited January 2013

Hellboy said:
    Yes there was the open/close morph.
    I have an animated close-up of it on my Renderotica gallery and another render I did with a custom morph I don't have around anymore.
    How lame they decided to take the morph out, but It's really easy to bridge the thing to Hexagon and do whatever you need, then import back to Studio and save the morph.

Yeah, it just seems lame that originally it was only available in an expensive bundle, and then they remove most of the limited functionality it had. It really doesn't effect me much, not in the types of renders I do, which doesn't get much racier than pin-up style, or nude statuary in a historic render. I didn't buy the Bundle for the genitalia, but I'm offended in principle.

Post edited by Mr Gneiss Guy on