Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Based on a cart refresh and DazDeals percentages displayed, it looks like the discount issue is finally fixed. (Fingers crossed.) I've bought Dante Pro, and I'm a Bonus Buyer. I'm seeing discounts on every non-DO at 59/60% via DazDeals and 72% on the Daz Originals.

Non-Daz Originals discounts for two or more items in cart should be 50%/55%/59.5%. Daz Originals with two or more items in cart should be 65%/68.5%/71.65%. (No additional discounts/One additional 10%/Two additional 10%)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Well, my cart jumped up in price. Guess I'll be putting some things back...

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Llynara said:

Same here.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited April 2017

Okay, I was just about to finally put the old (some might even say ancient) Home One apartment by Maclene in my cart (I have all the furniture sets), when it jumped from on sale to off as the day rolled over.

In fact there's a handfull of Maclean's older things that are not on sale anymore.  And I'm totally cool with that, as long as it's deliberate.

Edit to add - it's on sale correctly in my cart.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Now everything seems to work correctly.

And also the Arial IBL set cam out of the New Status in time for the Finale Sale :-)

Anyone else lose their March Madness banner today? I bought plenty yesterday, so not sure why it's not there.

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 299
    Llynara said:

Anyone else lose their March Madness banner today? I bought plenty yesterday, so not sure why it's not there.

I still had it few minutes ago, but now it has been disappeared.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited April 2017

Mine's gone too...angry

EDIT; the discount still seems to be there, though...

Post edited by WandW on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

Discounts are still there though:)

To self: NO. You're done for this sale.

Self: But... but...

NO! BaD sELf!

*sighs and empties cart*

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    Llynara said:

It's not only me then. Mine is also gone. Not that I have planned to buy anything today, so it's ok for me.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,079

The banner disappeared. I quickly made my last checkout, while the discounts are there... :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This has been reported

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    Ati said:

The banner disappeared. I quickly made my last checkout, while the discounts are there... :)

The banner has gone, but as @Ati hints, the discounts may still be there. Doing the math on one of the items in my cart, I see I'm getting 50% off (for two or more items), with a further 10% off (from having Dante/Tamara), and a further 10% off after that (presumably the Bonus Buyer discount). An experiment with an RDNA item confirms that the 30% discount on those is also still applying.

This doesn't mean that you shouldn't check out quickly, in case the disappearance of the banner means that those discounts are going away soon. But for now, they seem to be still applied.

Thanks, all. I'm so used to seeing that thing up there that the page looks naked without it! LOL

Last Purchase for MM done.

Last Years MM was nicer (and more destructuve to my checking account) but especial  the last 10 daysof this years were not bad.

• I was hoping for the last day there would be something I couldn't go without. I picked up a few of the Peaches textures yesterday just because I figured for the price, why not. Nothing today though. And I still have store credit at the end of a sale. It feels....weird!

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Shopping Cart Jigsaw: what happens when you discover that your shopping cart is ~$140 higher than the amount of store credit you have, and that you can get a 19% discount on gift cards, so you open the product page links to every. single. item in the cart, each in its tab, clear shopping cart, buy $145 worth of store credit for ~$117, redeem the gift card, and then go through the 20+ open tabs to reconstruct the original configuration of your cart and checkout. On the plus side, that saved me an additional $28 on top of whatever the discounts on the last two giftcards (that the existing store credit was from) were, and not all that time-consuming with a fast browser, but man....

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,316
    Odaa said:

Shopping Cart Jigsaw: what happens when you discover that your shopping cart is ~$140 higher than the amount of store credit you have, and that you can get a 19% discount on gift cards, so you open the product page links to every. single. item in the cart, each in its tab, clear shopping cart, buy $145 worth of store credit for ~$117, redeem the gift card, and then go through the 20+ open tabs to reconstruct the original configuration of your cart and checkout. On the plus side, that saved me an additional $28 on top of whatever the discounts on the last two giftcards (that the existing store credit was from) were, and not all that time-consuming with a fast browser, but man....

That's sort of what i do; except, instead of opening a whole buch of product pages, I move the items to my wishlist and then I can add them back ito my cart fon there.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I expected them to maybe give a super pro-package discount to people who carried the MM banner all month or something - but with the overall lack of madness involved in this sale, I wasn't holding out for it. 

It was the least damage to my bank account for a DAZ sale so far - and a few of the sales in Feburary leading up to this where I spent more money were better discounts. 

I suppose DAZ will be analyzing the results and deciding how to position the next sale - so if it is like this one, we know it was financially successful for them. 

• galattgalatt Posts: 219
    Llynara said:

I didn't need to spend any more anyway.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Odaa said:

The more time I have to spend, the more the cost goes up as my time costs, just like anyone elses.

Odaa said:

LOL, I did that a lot too this month! Might seem crazy, but also crazy not to do it! 

Just made my final purchase for MM 2017. It's been great. Got a lot of cool stuff, and also wishlisted quite a bit. There really is always another sale. I'm ready to do some April Madness- by rendering the stuff I've got. I can't even remember half of the things I picked up! 

Another new Video: The first review of the 6th and last week of March Madness is up. In this Episode: Iray HDRI Space

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    Odaa said:

That's sort of what i do; except, instead of opening a whole buch of product pages, I move the items to my wishlist and then I can add them back ito my cart fon there.

My wishlist is a trainwreck with like a thousand items including duplicates, so I'd never find anything in there. :)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    Odaa said:

I've written a small app (Windows) to make the process a bit easier:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2132431/#Comment_2132431

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    nicstt said:
    Odaa said:

The more time I have to spend, the more the cost goes up as my time costs, just like anyone elses.

In many cases one could probably save/earn more by doing say 2 hours of paid work and buy the stuff at normal price for what you earn, instead of browsing the store for 2 hours to find the best deal. This way you'll actually also contribute to the world with something valuable (whatever you produce with your work), plus the 3D artists will earn more. Win-win.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

That's my system too. I use two windows. One tab is used to clear the cart and the other is left untouched.

Buy giftcard then open each item in new tab. It's such a game to LOAD the cart and then faint at the cost and then begin dumping.

I also found a new vendor. That's always a lot of fun to be like "Whoa this guy has some stuffs"

https://www.daz3d.com/dexsoft-games

Don't know where this vendor was before, buy his stuff changes some things since every sci-fi hallway and deck are starting to look the same.

It's time for some new texture packs already. And I have no idea why ANYONE who makes places doesn't want various options.

His products have lots of itemized props that are great across all environments.

The only thing was me not taking a risk on his poser products.

I just don't feel like NOT being able to find it.

So much stuff shows up under a "Files" search...

And I'm getting desperate enough to use my Daz Store account Product Library to find what I (should) own.

While checking to see what I own for water, I found a "Water dragon" I have no idea when I bought it or for what, but it looks incredible.

https://www.daz3d.com/water-dragon

Maybe it was a freebie or included in a bundle, but damn I would have never found this...

Now I'm looking for a story excuse to use it.

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 299

Made my last purchase for the MM. The Tamara-discount never came into effect for me, but I decided to go ahead and just buy couple of my most wanted items and be done with this sale.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,316
    edited April 2017

After 500 items purchased in March Madness I think I have finall finished up my MM purchases. Only 2 items left on my wishlist and that is because they still have a 'New' tag but are old enough they didn't qualify for the MM new item discount. No more purchases for awhile but I guess it is time to start a new wishlist LOL. laugh

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
This discussion has been closed.