Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

When you get back online, go to the main DAZ3D page and let the pictures cycle through!  Congrats, girl!!!!  ;)

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

When you get back online, go to the main DAZ3D page and let the pictures cycle through!  Congrats, girl!!!!  ;)

That's what I came here to tell her also!! Congrats! 

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Cool... Ice Dragon Art is now front page news. :)

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Congratulations!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Way to go! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited April 2017

Oh My God.....Thank you very much everyone!  I'm sitting here with my mouth open lol.  I do believe I'm going to be walking around with a smile on my face all weekend.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Oh My God.....Thank you very much everyone!  I'm sitting here with my mouth open lol.  I do believe I'm going to be walking around with a smile on my face all weekend.

And so you should!  Smile all you want!  :)

Oh I am lol. I think I'm still in shock.

So, the move over to an external drive on my laptop did not go particularly well in regards to my categories.  I lost about 2/3 of the links from the original files to my custom categories.  I have been slowly going through everything and re linking.  I already know the issue is because of 4.8 as my transfer went fine with my pc which runs 4.9.  Not a big deal, I'm re linking slowly.  So I was working on this tonight because my PC is busy rendering something and since I have a bit of a headache I'm working on my links.  I just worked my way through my Genesis 2 Female characters and discovered that I have 78 of them. Not counting things like Faces of Asia and Africa, etc.  How on earth did that happen?!? That's totally ridiculous....

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Congratulations on being featured Sonja. That's really awesome !

edited April 2017

This is a work in progress.  The original was entered into the newbie contest awhile ago but I was never quite satisfied with how it turned out so I decided to re visit it.  Its still not where I want it, I need to play with the god rays stuff I have a bit more. But, its closer than it was.  This image also has some stuff from the wounds package for G2F applied to it but it must be 3delight only as none of them are showing up in Iray  I can always do those in post though. Also, ignore the cape going throuhg her arm, its supposed to be deleted.  Not sure what happened there.  I will have to delete it again apparently lol

Heartbroken.png
    1186 x 948 - 2M

And thank you FerretMania it truly made my day

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

This is a work in progress.  The original was entered into the newbie contest awhile ago but I was never quite satisfied with how it turned out so I decided to re visit it.  Its still not where I want it, I need to play with the god rays stuff I have a bit more. But, its closer than it was.  This image also has some stuff from the wounds package for G2F applied to it but it must be 3delight only as none of them are showing up in Iray  I can always do those in post though. Also, ignore the cape going throuhg her arm, its supposed to be deleted.  Not sure what happened there.  I will have to delete it again apparently lol

I really love the expression on his face, and that fact that it's a bull's face and is still very expressive is so cool! 

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

Congrats as well!  Well done!  You've been very busy- nice to see your work. :)

Thank you DarwinsMishaps!

And thank you DeathbyCannon, the pose and expression are pretty much exactly what I was going for but the atmosphere is giving me fits lol

edited April 2017

Getting a bit closer.  Struggling with how bright the god rays are versus the actual effect.  And I can't figure out how to lessen the intensity and still get a good illumination of the scene.  And the shadow behind him is too bright but I think I can fix that by adjusting the softness.  Maybe. lol.

HEARTBROKEN 2.png
    1186 x 1186 - 2M
    edited April 2017

So, the move over to an external drive on my laptop did not go particularly well in regards to my categories.  I lost about 2/3 of the links from the original files to my custom categories.  I have been slowly going through everything and re linking.  I already know the issue is because of 4.8 as my transfer went fine with my pc which runs 4.9.  Not a big deal, I'm re linking slowly.  So I was working on this tonight because my PC is busy rendering something and since I have a bit of a headache I'm working on my links.  I just worked my way through my Genesis 2 Female characters and discovered that I have 78 of them. Not counting things like Faces of Asia and Africa, etc.  How on earth did that happen?!? That's totally ridiculous....

Ha ha! 

I'm not the only one who has more stuff than I realize.  I don't have as many G2F's as you do, but I decided to do a count of my characters.  Interestingly enough, I have more V4's than anything - she has more cool skins than anybody!  I tend to buy for the skin rather than the shape - unless there is something really cool about that shape which I can't replicate with dial spinning.  In truth, I rarely use characters straight out of the box but almost always modify them to look like the book characters in my mind. 

Aiko 4: 5
    Hiro 4: 1
    Hiro 5: 1
    G1 Female: 26
    G2 Male: 18
    G2 Female:  22
    G2 Male: 15
    G3 Female: 3
    G3 Male: 1
    M4: 9
    V4: 32

Post edited by dracorn on

Getting a bit closer.  Struggling with how bright the god rays are versus the actual effect.  And I can't figure out how to lessen the intensity and still get a good illumination of the scene.  And the shadow behind him is too bright but I think I can fix that by adjusting the softness.  Maybe. lol.

I remember this one.  I always thought it was a great concept.  I, too, will revisit previous renders when I either learn something new or have acquired a new utility that can make a big difference.  I'm very interested in the finished product once you're done adjusting it.

The shadows are a little dark, but it looks like his hoof is colliding with the ground.

Wow that's a big gap from V4 lol.  I love

v4 skin too, so many alien, tatooed, awesome make up and colorsfor her. I haven't counted the rest I might do that and post mine as well.  But I'm a wee bit afraid to look lol.

Now, to be fair, some of these were free.

dracorn said:

Now, to be fair, some of these were free.

I have quite a few free textures etc for v4 that are free as well.  Lots of nice ones around the different places.  Way more for v4 than any other generation.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

First one is the orignal Studio version. I think I got his coat to stand out a bit more in the postworked version.  The second and third I did some filters for the fun of it and the last one is the original post worked version with a bit of fog wisping around the edges.  More than that was just not working.

Oh, just saw this (thanks for participating in the Best Renders from your gallery and art studio thread, just started it in the Commons) This one makes me want to jump in and spin her around! (Then say, "You're on your own, kid!" as I run away.) 

Novica said:

First one is the orignal Studio version. I think I got his coat to stand out a bit more in the postworked version.  The second and third I did some filters for the fun of it and the last one is the original post worked version with a bit of fog wisping around the edges.  More than that was just not working.

Oh, just saw this (thanks for participating in the Best Renders from your gallery and art studio thread, just started it in the Commons) This one makes me want to jump in and spin her around! (Then say, "You're on your own, kid!" as I run away.) 

Lol thank you!  That is exactly what I was going for.

I am really excited that you started that thread ,it will be great to see everyone's favorite renders and will be much easier to find and keep track of than browsing the gallery or trying to remember to go and look.

How on earth did I get up to 51 pages?  Does anyone know how many pages before you have to start a new thread?  Just curious, and too lazy right now to go track one down and look.

I'm almost afraid to count up how many I have of each character.  I'm not really that brave.  Though, I did get quite a few for free, too.

I believe that new threads get split off at 100 pages so you're halfway there.  I was wondering the same thing recently when I realized how many pages I had on my thread. :)

• Congrats on having your artwork selected for the banner, @ice dragon art. Took me awhile to figure out what everyone was talking about. When I open Daz, it usually takes me to the page where the links are for the store and the forum so I don't see (or maybe notice the banner.) But I did see it on my phone and I recognized your image by seeing it on your thread.

Thank you very much @KevinH!  That's where I usually land too so I would not have even seen it if people hadn't been kind enough to let me know.

In case anyone is on the fence on the MICK bundle the premades all come with props.  The kitchen has 30 props, the hall has 13 and the kitchen has a whopping 97 props.  This is a crazy good deal!

edited April 2017

I was playing with the Skin Builder for Genesis 2 Female and ended up with this.  I did use Anagenessis on this and even using the darker skins setting it lightened it several shades but I'm still happy with how the skin turned out.  Can't wait for the one for Genesis 3 @zevo has promo pics on the thread in the commercial section that are downright amazing.

DEFENDER.png
    1236 x 1236 - 3M
This discussion has been closed.