Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 299
    isidorn said:

There seems to be set sum of just below $12 being subtracted from the order total. So if you only buy 1 thing you get it really cheap, or even free if is listed price is below $12. Someone completely lacking morals would take advantage of it and only buy one thing at a time...devil

Seems to happen only, if you have Tamara Bundle in the cart (for me anyway).

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    jonttex82 said:
    isidorn said:

There seems to be set sum of just below $12 being subtracted from the order total. So if you only buy 1 thing you get it really cheap, or even free if is listed price is below $12. Someone completely lacking morals would take advantage of it and only buy one thing at a time...devil

Seems to happen only, if you have Tamara Bundle in the cart (for me anyway).

The adcopy states either the Tamara bundle or Dante, in cart or already purchased... I bought Dante Pro on Tuesday, didn't get Tamara, and saw the odd behavior, too.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Cart problem is fixed now

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    jakiblue said:

I thought the same when I saw it. I still don't understand the Twilight hair being split into 2 main products (not to mention the additional hair colours, which all come with a NORMAL PA/DO hair) 

lx said:

Here's a perfect example to my complaint about the PC+ falls hair:

http://www.daz3d.com/dolly-changeable-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

Same artist, more features, MUCH more useful product description, cheaper price.

Couldn't agree more. I ended up getting the hair and the extension since it was only around $5, but I am still wondering about the mindset of having seperate products, especially when all the extension does is thicken the back a bit WTF?!. I usually look at vendors that sell textures seperately as being greedy which is why I don't purchase extra textures, plus I can make them myself in PSD

Dolly changeable hair looks too much like the other ponytails i have which is why I passed on it.

I agree. And it does make a difference on my purchasing; the sneakers went to wishlist, although they seem to be a decent low price.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Not so exciting sales are good.

They make it easier to stay in budget. :)

Truth. I spent far less money this sale than any other so far. 

Is anyone else having trouble downloading purchases with DIM? I can download the manual install packages for Tamara and Dale - but DIM won't refresh and see them. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

Is anyone else having trouble downloading purchases with DIM? I can download the manual install packages for Tamara and Dale - but DIM won't refresh and see them. 

Yes. I already started a thread about that: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/160821/purchases-not-in-dim#latest .

Yes. I already started a thread about that: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/160821/purchases-not-in-dim#latest .

Thanks! 

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I got five things today, all new bar one I think, and the overall discount was 62%. That's going to have to be my last shout for a while if we're to keep doing the eating thing (unless Skin Builder 3 shows - we wouldn't want to get fat after all :) ). I'm really pleased with the Dolly hair - I love how all the bits are separate - hair, tail, bun, even the scalp. I use the scalp from the old Genesis Stalker Girl hair a lot under hats to give the illusion of hair going on beneath, so it will be nice to have something specifically for G3F, and having UH2 shaders should make it a piece of cake to use the other bits with different hairs. What a versatile product. I'm glad I gave the PC+ hair and it's associated 'fall' a miss.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    edited April 2017

Is it intended that the March MAdness Items have different Base Rebate?

Some have 51% some have only 30%?

And No the 51%s are not DOs

And The Rebate for the Featuread Artist Items is also not calculated correctly

I expect:

50% base (Buying 2 or more) - 10 % (bonus Buyer)  - 10 % (Todays Mad Offer) => 59,5 %

I only get 51 % That looks like the 50% basprice for buying 2 or more is not calcualted in.

Post edited by Renomista on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Yep, your math is correct. The discount comes to 59.50%  The prices were so bonkers when the store turned over, they are probably still trying to get the store working and it's not there yet. Imagine all the shoppers who aren't on the forums, wondering what is going on. How they shop, I'll never know. 

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

The early march mad items are only showing 30% off for me, is MM going out with a bang or a whimper? frown

Lets see what happens?

Those two issues reduced my Final March madness Purchase from around 100$ to around 30$

Good for my Store Credit, bad for DAZ and the PAs....

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

Are there PAs are weren't 'featured' during March Madness?   Valzheimer's store, among others, isn't on sale...

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    WandW said:

Are there PAs are weren't 'featured' during March Madness?   Valzheimer's store, among others, isn't on sale...

I can't list them now, but there were quite a few that were not on sale during MM.

• I can't give a definitive explanation of the discounts, but it looks to me as if all Mad items (excludign ex freebies possibly) are at 30% off, and the newer items also have the introductory 30% discount (for a ttoal dsicount of 51%), then there may be PC+ (30%), Bonus Buyer (10%), and Dante Buyer (10%) discounts on top of that. However, the deatured stores are not working as they should be (two items aren';t getting 50% off before other discounts) so I'm not certain that there shouldn't be a two or more items discount for the Mad items.

Ati said:
    WandW said:

I can't list them now, but there were quite a few that were not on sale during MM.

I thought I remembered Valzheimer's being on sale, as I considered buying Wear Them All at a discount, but decided to wait until I could use my PC coupon...

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    edited April 2017
    WandW said:
    Ati said:
    WandW said:

I thought I remembered Valzheimer's being on sale, as I considered buying Wear Them All at a discount, but decided to wait until I could use my PC coupon...

Check the price history, that might tell you if it was on sale. (I'm on mobile now, can't see it.)

Post edited by Ati on
    edited April 2017
    Ati said:
    WandW said:
    Ati said:
    WandW said:

It waAre there PAs are weren't 'featured' during March Madness?   Valzheimer's store, among others, isn't on sale...

Check the price history, that might tell you if it was on sale. (I'm on mobile now, can't see it.)

50% off on 3/27, and 40% on  3/12-13, and 4/1-2 (must have missed the latter!)

EDIT; IH Kang's items were also on sale during MM, but not today...

Post edited by WandW on

I can't give a definitive explanation of the discounts, but it looks to me as if all Mad items (excludign ex freebies possibly) are at 30% off, and the newer items also have the introductory 30% discount (for a ttoal dsicount of 51%), then there may be PC+ (30%), Bonus Buyer (10%), and Dante Buyer (10%) discounts on top of that. However, the deatured stores are not working as they should be (two items aren';t getting 50% off before other discounts) so I'm not certain that there shouldn't be a two or more items discount for the Mad items.

Got a link to an item that you think all of those stacking discounts would apply to? I'd like to stick one in my cart and see how close to that projection I can come. I think the only one I'm missing is the Dante Buyer discount. 

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I can't give a definitive explanation of the discounts, but it looks to me as if all Mad items (excludign ex freebies possibly) are at 30% off, and the newer items also have the introductory 30% discount (for a ttoal dsicount of 51%), then there may be PC+ (30%), Bonus Buyer (10%), and Dante Buyer (10%) discounts on top of that. However, the deatured stores are not working as they should be (two items aren';t getting 50% off before other discounts) so I'm not certain that there shouldn't be a two or more items discount for the Mad items.

Got a link to an item that you think all of those stacking discounts would apply to? I'd like to stick one in my cart and see how close to that projection I can come. I think the only one I'm missing is the Dante Buyer discount. 

Try this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/weapon-collection

Comes up at 69% off for me (Mad item, new item, PC club, Bonus buyer .7*.7*.7*.9 = about 31% of $14.95 = 4.61.  Shows as 4.62 in my cart, and I'm not going to quibble over a penny.)

I'm normaly not complaining about complicated sales, but todays sale is the most confusing and worst set up sale I have seen so far at DAZ. It is impossible to say what is intended and what is not working correctly. That's very annoying.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

How many times should I say it? Start the sales on Friday afternoon. No one from Daz should need to work weekends.

They do enough during the week. This should have all been sorted during REGULAR business hours.

I love the engine and I love waking up in the middle of the night (if I'm not working) and checking in. Love that.

But EVERY sale launch is buggy. Now I have a ticket for Monday that has to wait....

It's either that or say "Hey I woulda bought this, but the store and discounts...."

I'm still curious to what they do tonight and into monday....

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961

I am not certain this was the case for that vendor in particular, but last weekend I believe there was one day where all vendors were on sale, not just the MM featured vendors. This looks like it's back to all the featured vendors on sale (for instance, no Uzilite or Luthbel today either). The everything on sale versus featured artists thing is confusing though.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I am not certain this was the case for that vendor in particular, but last weekend I believe there was one day where all vendors were on sale, not just the MM featured vendors. This looks like it's back to all the featured vendors on sale (for instance, no Uzilite or Luthbel today either). The everything on sale versus featured artists thing is confusing though.

Seems to me, last weekend, that the catchup on Saturday didn't include all vendors but Sunday did. Perhaps, (hopefully,) that will be the case this weekend as well...?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

So when exactly is this over? It says last week, but a week from what day?

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

I figured we still had tomorrow. It says final weekend catchup sale. I'm gonna be disappointed if they don't have more on sale tomorrow. Then again, it will save my store credit.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    Brugan said:

The early march mad items are only showing 30% off for me, is MM going out with a bang or a whimper? frown

Pretty strongly leaning toward whimper. The whole sale has been pretty quiet, frankly. Definitely one to catch out the newbies (i.e. most of the <16000 sku stuff will be 80% off soon enough).

March Mehness.

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366

I've got 2 items from featured vendors in the cart and I'm not getting 50% off, just 40%. Is there something I'm missing?

@DaWaterRat - $4.24 in mine... but I've got a couple of other things in the cart, so it might be stacking. 

Interestingly - this has been some of the most activity in this forum all sale long... most of the sales last year this thread was jumping all day and night every day. 

This discussion has been closed.