Duplicate formulas found in files fix

Hi all,

I know there used to be a script to fix this error, but it didn't support .duf files as far as I know. Is there any update for this yet? Or is the old script still available? Last I checked, it wasn't.

Thanks a lot,

Me

Comments

• Am I wrong in assuming these duplicate formulas result in longer loading times?

Thanks a lot,

Me

• Had this error on G3F once. Solved it by taking a look into the log file and removing the product which caused the error. Did contact the vendor on it who had it fixed so I was able to reinstall once the update was available.

• The fix script is for the Duplicate IDs alert, which is different. As Rod Wise Driggo says, you can look in the log file (Help>troubleshooting>View Log file) to see which set of files is causing the issue. If it's a Daz product check there isn't a newer version and if not please open a Techncial Support ticket to report it as a possible bug.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983

I have these errors when loading Genesis 3 Female (lots of them) and one error when loading Genesis 3 Male.  Since Genesis 3 Male only has only one error, decided time to file a support ticket: 239442

When M3D Clayton Shapes for Michael 7 (SKU:37257) is installed, this error message appears in the Daz Error Log:

2017-15-15 01:15:27.620 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5561): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Male/Morphs/Male_M3dia/M3D%20Clayton%20For%20Michael%207/FBMM3DClaytonSmootherAbsHD3.dsf#FBMM3DClaytonSmootherAbsHD3?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Male/Morphs/Male_M3dia/M3D%20Clayton%20For%20Michael%207/pJCMClaytonBodyAbsUpperLowerBendDownHD3.dsf

(error message is getting parsed when pasted into Description box, see attached error log for unedited error.)

If I uninstall the product, the error message goes away, reinstall the error comes back.

Response from tech support was to reinstall the product, so I uninstall/reinstall using Daz Connect, DIM, Daz Connect Offline Install and DIM manual download/install and reported back that the error log is still reporting the issue persists..

Reply from Tech Support::

Do you get any error messages in Daz Studio when you try and use these?

So do I need to decipher the error message and demonstrate to Tech Support with a render this error is causing this result when using the product?

I dread the thought of going through the reporting process with errors when loading Genesis 3 Female.  I've have identified the G3F products that are triggering loading errors, and some errors are the result of errors with other products, but I have no desire to decipher the errors and show the effects of the errors with renders.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I don't own that product, but it looks like you should just load your Clayton character, and look for morph sliders under parameters that say "pJCMClaytonBodyAbsUpperLowerBendDownHD3" and "FBMM3DClaytonSmootherAbsHD3" or something to that effect, there's a search bar in your parameters, so just search for AbsUpper and SmootherAbs, and slide them around, change their values, see if you have any problems. Save a test character with those morphs used and reopen it. See if the sliders are still in the same place. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to test it out. 

• I have multiple errors too... I can live with the message popping up, but am I right in assuming that these errors result in significantly longer loading times? It takes up to five whole minutes to load up genesis 3... I had the task manager open during the process. CPU is only used for 10% at best, RAM is only "stressed" to 8%. Even though Daz Studio sits on my D drive, both C and D drive are sometimes pushed to 99% but only during short intervals. So what is making Genesis 3 load up so very slowly?

Thanks a lot,

Me

• Also, most of these warnings read like this:

"2017-03-30 17:30:18.158 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection#PBMLatsSize:?value/value"

How am I to figure out to which product they belong? Do I need to do a manual search for all of them? (In Daz Studio or on my HDD in the Daz Studio directory?)

Please tell me there is some way to fix this easily if this is what causes Daz Studio to load up Genesis figures so slow...

Thanks a lot,

Me

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Yeah, I keep getting more and more of these as well.  It's annoying on the load in, but where it really becomes a major pain is trying to delete a figure.  Sadly, the problems seem to be caused primarily by changes in DS itself from version to version... I had no problems with G3f, for example, until I upgraded to DS 4.9, and the glitches with Genesis and the G2s showed up the same way.  And the only effect that uninstalling and reinstalling the same item has is that it sometimes makes it worse. If I had unlilmited time to kill, I'd try removing EVERYTHING and starting over, but with the size of my runtimes we're talking about days worth of work. :(           

• gibrril_fa945a6ceegibrril_fa945a6cee Posts: 540
    edited March 2017

Now that you mention it, Daz Studio 4.8 runned a lot smoother on my system.... If it is Daz Studio' upgrading that does this, there MUST be a fix other than deleting everything... Right? Especially if there are a lot of people having to deal with this...

Post edited by gibrril_fa945a6cee on
  • Do make sure you don't have the same content installed in more than one content directory.

• Thanks for the tip! I'm cleaning out my directories as we speak.:) Is there a tutorial or something that clearly lists how the content directory should look? I know it needs to have a "People" folder and a "Props" folder for example, but my Daz Studio Directory has a lot more folders than it should.... Can I just cut and paste every folder to another place on my HDD (one not listed as a DS content directory) that I think shouldn't be in teh DS structure and then try to run DS again?

Thanks a lot,

Me

• The folders that matter, for native content, are the Data and Runtime\Textures folders.

• Thanks!

There's a lot of files in there too, not in subfolders. Is there a list of files that DS needs to run? My Directory for the content is the smae as the install directory for DS itself.

Thanks a lot,

Me

edited March 2017

Hm, this is how Genesis 3 loads up now after even more waiting time.... It would appear some of that moved data was needed after all.... I left the Data and Runtime folders undisturbed. The duplcates found message was still there by the way...

Genesis3.JPG
    689 x 737 - 62K
  • Hi again, I went through the log again.

I've got a massive amount of listings like this:

"2017-03-30 22:07:44.333 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7697): Failed to add user alias property to node.
    2017-03-30 22:07:44.334 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1405): Failed to create alias!

and this:

"2017-03-30 22:08:18.158 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection#PBMLatsSize:?value/value"

The duplicate values are one one specific product, that I'll probably uninstall.

How to fix the rest though... Because obviously DS can't even load genesis 3 right now...

• Further down the log I found listings like this:

"2017-03-30 22:10:15.212 Failed to load image: D:\Program Files\3D\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Runtime\Textures\Raiya\Jeane\RyJeane_arms_1004.jpg
    2017-03-30 22:10:15.244     Operation failed"

That would explain why genesis loads up without textures. I checked the directory, and the files are there. One detail though: The log lists the folder 3Textures" with a Capital"T". My Runtime\textures folder has a lower case "t". Can I rename that folder or will I loose the rest if I do that?

• Where is the application installed? The OS may protect that location, leading to issues with the content.

• DS is installed at D\Program Files\3D\DAZ3D\DazStudio4. Content is there too. I never got that texture fail before I moved some folders out of my DS directory (not out of data and not out of Runtime).

Thanks a lot,

Me

• I just tried to load another texture on my "textureless" genesis figure, and it also fails to load. Same error in the log, even though the files are there....

• Sorry, cross-posted with your previous reply.

Even if it was working having content in Program Files is a risky thing. Did you possibly move the Runtime folder and then move it back?

• It's on D/ Program Files, Not C/ Program Files.

I never touched the runtime folder...

• Would it help if I uninstalled DS and reïnstalled it, using the same content directory? Because apparantly DS doesn't know where my content is anymore, even though it's still there...

• No, uninstalling DS will do nothing to help with most content issues.

What are you current Daz Studio Format content directories - you can get the list from Edit>Preferences>Content Library tab>Content Directory Manager

• Hi,

I did fix my "broken genesis" issue by reinstalling...

DS Content is located at: D:\Program Files\3D\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

I'm back at the beginning: it loads, but very, very slowly... As mentioned before, the bulk of the listings in the log are things like:

I've got a massive amount of listings like this:

"2017-03-30 22:07:44.333 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7697): Failed to add user alias property to node.
    2017-03-30 22:07:44.334 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1405): Failed to create alias!

and this:

"2017-03-30 22:08:18.158 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection#PBMLatsSize:?value/value"

How do I identify what's causing these?

• Usually it will tell you what property it was trying to handle at the time.

• Hi again,

I went through the log again and noticed something strange:

This is the first entry in the log I get after loading genesis 3:

"2017-03-31 00:06:50.409 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile"

Notice the process started at 00:06:50.

Then I get these entries:

"

2017-03-31 00:07:00.118 A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established.  Several DAZ Studio features that require a valid PostgreSQL CMS connection, such as context aware content views and loading content installed using the Daz Connect service, will not be available.  Check your network, anti-virus, and firewall settings for conflicts.
    2017-03-31 00:07:12.059 Processed 0 metadata files in 0 seconds
    2017-03-31 00:07:12.356 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2017-03-31 00:07:33.367 *** Scene Cleared ***
    2017-03-31 00:09:26.813     D:/Program Files/3D/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/Deva3D/Ferenika/Ferenika.dsf (4,53): Illegal escape sequence
    2017-03-31 00:09:52.946 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4775): Could not find modifier definition."

Notice that by this time, three whole minuets have gone by already.

Then I get a total overload of "failed to create alias" stuff aswell as a whole bunch of "could not find property for animation" warnings.

Yet all of these fly by in only 14 seconds...

The warnings dealing with duplicate formulas tell me that stuff takes one minute and 29 seconds to process. The things are caused by morphs that I never use, bu I don't have an uninstaller for them... How do I remove them safely?

So the big question remains: what is causing that massive hick up way at the start of my loading process?

Thanks a lot,

Me

• The PNG warnings can be ignored.

The big issue, I would think, is the failure to connect to PostgreSQL. Is that installed?

• Hi,

I fixed the PostgreSQL stuff by uninstalling Daz Studio again and reïnstalling it in a new directory. I uninstalled the products that gave me the duplicate formulas values, but they keep popping up on the log. How do I safely remove these files so DS doesn't try to load them in and won't report thema s missing?

Thanks a lot,

Me

• Uninstaling should work, as long as there was only one copy. But you should not have as many issues.

edited March 2017

Can I delete the files manually or will that cause issues?

Some of these files are not uninstalled yet because they are not Daz3D content, and didn't come through the Install Manager. They were classic Zip or Rar files. Is it safe to open up the zip files of both daz and non-daz providers, look were all the installed files should be and remove them from my Daz Content Directory?