Comments

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

FWSA MeMoo?

Not V2 Dragonessa? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited March 2017
    barbult said:

Not Priya. Remember there is only one shaping preset applied to the base model. No extra aging morphs were used. You need to find a shaping preset that already has that sagging jawline and neck.

You mean the character itself comes with the morph?

I mean that I did not load any character and manually twiddle a bunch of different parameter dials. I loaded the base model for my selected generation (the model Daz gives us for free, not a character like Victoria anything, or Opal, or Joanie, or Abel, or George, or FWSA anything). Then I opened the product that contains the  shaping preset I used in the Content Library (you could also do it from Smart Content) and double clicked on a single thumbnail to apply that shaping preset to my base character. The product has a nice thumbnail and even a tip file with a larger view of the shaping preset. The product promo images in the Daz store also show the same view of the shape as the installed product, so even if you don't own this product, you can find it in the store with some digging.

This seems to be harder than I had anticipated. If nobody figures it out, I'll have to give some clues later in the weekend,

Post edited by barbult on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693

Not a partial slide of Toon Generations LOL?

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

I'm terrible with faces... FW Caoimhe or Sassafrat ?

edited March 2017

Not MeeMoo or Dragonessa either. But you are guessing products with the right basic facial features like the one I rendered. Keep looking for more facial shapes like that.

edited March 2017

I didn't partial slide anything, Wonderland. Not FW Caoimhe or Sassafrat, firewarden.

Here is a render of her without any skin or expression, so those don't throw you off. (The promo doesn't show her gray like this, though, so it might not help at all.)

Who am I no skin texture.png
    1600 x 2000 - 3M
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Genevieve 7?

Has anyone guessed Bellatrix for G2F? 

Ok. I keep thinking this and I don't say it... but... Leo 7?

​Or David 5?

Not Genevieve, Bellatrix, Leo or David 5.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Darn that face looks familiar and I can't seem to place it lol 

Barbarian and Succubus for Bethany ?

https://www.daz3d.com/barbarian-and-succubus-for-bethany-7

Darn that face looks familiar and I can't seem to place it lol 

Barbarian and Succubus for Bethany ?

https://www.daz3d.com/barbarian-and-succubus-for-bethany-7

No, that's not it, but she has the  double chin like my character. So you are looking for the right characteristics.

I'm beginning to think Daz paid you to do this because I just added like 10 things to my wishlist LOL.

I'm beginning to think Daz paid you to do this because I just added like 10 things to my wishlist LOL.

I wish!

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

I'm having fun looking , and my wishlist is growing too lol

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    barbult said:

This seems to be harder than I had anticipated. If nobody figures it out, I'll have to give some clues later in the weekend,

There's hundreds of characters already just for G3F. I do not dare to think how many there are for previous generations. Many characters also look very similar to each other. Add to that the difficulty of having a different (or no) skin and hair and clothes (all of which have great impact on someone's look) from any promos on product pages in the store that we may look at. This will definitely not be easy.

Finding characters I've never seen before so I agree with Wonderland. DAZ should pay you for this. wink

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Could it be VHK's Bessie: https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-bessie

Llynara said:

Could it be VHK's Bessie: https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-bessie

No, it isn't, but I can see why you would think it could be.

isidorn said:
    barbult said:

There's hundreds of characters already just for G3F. I do not dare to think how many there are for previous generations. Many characters also look very similar to each other. Add to that the difficulty of having a different (or no) skin and hair and clothes (all of which have great impact on someone's look) from any promos on product pages in the store that we may look at. This will definitely not be easy.

Finding characters I've never seen before so I agree with Wonderland. DAZ should pay you for this. wink

Yes, this is turning out to be harder than I anticipated. I hope people don't get frustrated and mad at me.

edited March 2017

I think I know what it is, but I can't remember the name of the product or the vendor. I can see the promo pic in my head. I remember seeing that product and going, "Why would I want to make someone look like that?" Let me see if my addled brain can remember...

Here it is! I'll never forget that promo pic! https://www.daz3d.com/body-by-sublime-iv-fantasy-edition

Post edited by Llynara on

But, that's bodies, thought it was faces too. Maybe it's the 200 head morphs or the People of the Earth series.

Haha, Daz is going to see numbers go up for searches of old and heavy characters and think that's what the public wants to buy more of.

edited March 2017

In the meantime, in the middle of rendering a slightly younger and a bit altered version of Akiko for Meilin and I think she's adorable! Although I'm noticing weird bends on her arms which I thought had been fixed by G3 that I'll post later...

Akiko mid render.JPG
    659 x 537 - 91K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
    edited March 2017

Haha, Daz is going to see numbers go up for searches of old and heavy characters and think that's what the public wants to buy more of.

LOL! Barbult is starting a trend! I think maybe it's this one: https://www.daz3d.com/200-plus-head-face-morphs-for-genesis-3-female-s

Ooh, I like your render. Wonderland. She is adorable! I have her, she's on my list of characters to render. I think she's very beautiful.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited March 2017

Maybe the Hag....  But I'm not sure about the nose, if you didn't change anything then that's not going to work

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited March 2017

Nobody got it yet.Not the Hag or 200 Plus (which is a fantastic product) or that sublime body product.

Edit: not faces of earth, either.

OK, people need some clues to the mini contest.

Clue 1: The base character I used is a female and one of the Genesis generations (Genesis, Genesis 2, or Genesis 3, you figure it out).

Clue 2: The product containing the shaping preset is made for that female base. No cross gender or cross generation tools were used.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

VYK Morwenna for Lavinia but possibly without the Lavinia and just on G3F?

This discussion has been closed.