Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    barbult said:

Here is a Little Contest - Win a $5 GC

I will award a $5 Daz Store Gift Card to the first person who correctly identifies the head shaping preset I used in these images. Both renders use the same shape, with different materials on the character. I purchased the product in the Daz Store. The contest will end when somebody figures it out, or on Tuesday, March 28 at 23:59:59 local DAZ time. What is your guess?
    (Novica gave me permission to run this little contest in her Art Studio. Thanks, Novica!)

FW Joanie? This looks like it could be her.

https://www.daz3d.com/fw-joanie-hd

No, it's not Joanie, either. But I do have her and it is a nice product.

No, not the Aging Morphs, either, but that is also an excellent guess. I bet you could do something similar with those morphs.

dawnblade said:

No, not Metamprphosis, but that is a nice product which I also own. It has some nice faces.

edited March 2017

I'm guessing George?

Now that is a smart guess, but not correct! I do have George and I have transferred him to female characters.

Edit: by smart I mean clever out of the box thinking. I don't mean to confirm that it is a male morph.

Post edited by barbult on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695

Oh, now I'm thinking male! Gwenbleiz?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    barbult said:

I will award a $5 Daz Store Gift Card to the first person who correctly identifies the head shaping preset I used in these images. Both renders use the same shape, with different materials on the character. I purchased the product in the Daz Store. The contest will end when somebody figures it out, or on Tuesday, March 28 at 23:59:59 local DAZ time. What is your guess?
    (Novica gave me permission to run this little contest in her Art Studio. Thanks, Novica!)

My guess is LY Nicolette.  Not sure, but the eyes and lips are close.  Did you use a G3F or a G2F for the morph or someone even older?  I know Joanie is a G2F skin but not sure which generation you got the morph from.  My guess is assuming you stuck with G2F for everything.

No, but that is another fine product that I own. SickleYield did a nice job on those morphs.

What's the deal - do I own everything??!! Yikes! But you guys are reminding me of good stuff I haven't used in some time.

I think Serene Night sent you down the male thought path. It is not Gwenbleiz. However, he is yet another great product I own.

I may have misled people to think this is a male morph by my response to Serene Night. That was not my intent. Don't limit yourself to male morph guesses. That would be a mistake wink.

barbult said:

I think Serene Night sent you down the male thought path. It is not Gwenbleiz. However, he is yet another great product I own.

I didn't even know you could transfer male morphs onto females! If nothing else I learned something else cool that I don't know how to do LOL.

This contest is moving fast. If I overlook anyone's guess and don't respond, please point it out to me again.

I will still try a male guess... Abel? This contest is helping me to discover all the great characters I DON'T have LOL.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I think that face shape looks a lot like the new FWSA Zarina that came earlier this week.

barbult said:

My guess is LY Nicolette.  Not sure, but the eyes and lips are close.  Did you use a G3F or a G2F for the morph or someone even older?  I know Joanie is a G2F skin but not sure which generation you got the morph from.  My guess is assuming you stuck with G2F for everything.

No, not LY Nicolette, and finally somebody guessed something I don't own yet. I will not tell you which generation I used, but I will tell you that I started with only the base character for that generation and applied a single shaping preset which I purchased in the Daz Store. Maybe you can guess the generation from the clothing and hair.

barbult said:

I didn't even know you could transfer male morphs onto females! If nothing else I learned something else cool that I don't know how to do LOL.

Yes, you can! I use GenX2 to transfer morphs. It works pretty well. But I'm not saying I did that for this contest person.

Bethany?

I will still try a male guess... Abel? This contest is helping me to discover all the great characters I DON'T have LOL.

Nope, not Abel, but I have him and have used him in several renders. I think he is in my gallery at least once.

I'll answer two in one here. It is not FWSA Zarina or Bethany.

BD Elena? 

BD Rajni? Wow, Daz should be running this contest, I'm discovering so many new characters I hadn't noticed before!

Not BD Elena or BD Rajni.

edited March 2017

I'm curious now. When you post a guess, tell me what it is about your guessed character that makes you think it is the one. Remember, I applied a singe shaping preset to a base character. I'll also say that I applied that shaping preset at 100%.

Ceridwen? This contest is making me realize how many characters I own and how many I still want!

No, not Ceridwen. What is it about Ceridwen that made you guess her?

The longer nose, eyes, I thought maybe with an aging morph... Priya?

edited March 2017

Not Priya. Remember there is only one shaping preset applied to the base model. No extra aging morphs were used. You need to find a shaping preset that already has that sagging jawline and neck.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Did you use the Fantasy Creature Morphs?

Did you use the Fantasy Creature Morphs?

Nope.

barbult said:

Not Priya. Remember there is only one shaping preset applied to the base model. No extra aging morphs were used. You need to find a shaping preset that already has that sagging jawline and neck.

You mean the character itself comes with the morph?

This discussion has been closed.