ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited March 2017 in Bryce Discussion
  • 26th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge

•  

• Now Sponsored by Daz 3D

•  

•  Theme for this challenge is    "Whatever the Weather"

• ☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Whether the weather be fine
                                                                 Or whether the weather be not,
                                                                 Whether the weather be cold
                                                                 Or whether the weather be hot,
                                                                 We'll weather the weather
                                                                 Whatever the weather,
                                                                 Whether we like it or not.

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that.we collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown, so it's a blind judging thread for the judging panel.

Rules

• 

All renders must be new renders.
  • 

You can enter up to 3 renders.
  • 

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS
  • 

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.
  • 

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.
  • 

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.
  • 

The winner of the Challenge will get the chance to name the theme for the next contest.
  • 

This will then continue with subsequent winners choosing the theme for the next contest, which will enable a new contest to start with the minimum of delay between contests.
  • 

Whoever nominates the subject for the Challenge can modify the rules to suit that challenge.

Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

Challenge ends on 31st April 2017 :- Midnight DAZ 3D time

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist Place $30
2nd Place $20
3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by members of the DAZ 3D CV team and guest judges.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2017

I was tossing it around trying to find a seasonal theme.  We've done Spring in the past.   Thaught about March winds and April showers    hmm,   that's a bit blase.  

Then today,  supposedly the first day of Spring in the Nothern hemisphere.

So it started of sunny, cold and breezy but sunny, then it clouded over, then the wind picked up,  then ca,e drizzly rain, followed by hail stones,  then we had sleet, snow, more hail, hail and snow at the same time and then some of that thick fluffy snow that you are convinced is going to stick.  At this point,  with the only thing missinmg being thunder and lighting   I thought "Whatever the Weather."

Which followed a few rude words,  as I had been out in the garden filling the bird feeders when the first lot of hail came down,

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Pam, great theme. Something in it for everybody, I guess.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798

Definitely not going to miss this deadline. Thanks Chohole!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

_this could be Interesting _``~...

• edited March 2017

were is bryce ......now i have it but need serial #

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited March 2017

spring morn

000 0 spring morn.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 796K
    Post edited by bigh on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited March 2017

Bigh - you started this challenge with a beautiful entry  yes

Chohole - are you giving another $5  - 31st April 2017 laugh

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Bigh - you started this challenge with a beautiful entry  yes

Chohole - are you giving another $5  - 31st April 2017 laugh

I think Rashad beat you   

Definitely not going to miss this deadline. Thanks Chohole!

were is bryce ......now i have it but need serial #

Click on the little blue man   Top right hand corner of the forum, then click on My Account from the drop down.   On the page you now get to (Account Dashboard). along the top you will see a menu, click on Serial Numbers.

• Oh, a new contest?
    Weather, nice theme.

@bigh: Very fast entry and a nice spring sky.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Nice theme chohole, I think so, too.

@bigh:Very fast work end nice render.

thanks guys smiley

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited March 2017

bigh - great job, well done.

My first entry. Weather in the high mountains can change very fast, within a couple of minutes, making mountaineering a risky sport. Been there, done that (a long time ago), it can be quite frightening.

Title: Wetterumschlag (Change of the Weather).

Wetterunschlag

Wetterumschlag.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 238K
    Post edited by Horo on

delightful

• @Horo:
    Impressively realistic scene. Unbelievable good.

Here is my first entry:
    Rain in Downtown:

Rain in Downtown.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M

good work

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,078

bigh :great image, beautiful sky.

Horo : truly realistic image.

drachenlords : excellent render.

bigh - thank you.

drachenlords - thank you. Very well done, I like how the headlights and the street light illuminate the humid air and the street looks really wet.

adbc - thank you.

Horo- lovely render very realistic

Drachenlords - another awesome render

edited March 2017
    Horo said:

bigh - great job, well done.

My first entry. Weather in the high mountains can change very fast, within a couple of minutes, making mountaineering a risky sport. Been there, done that (a long time ago), it can be quite frightening.

Title: Wetterumschlag (Change of the Weather).

Wetterunschlag

Sometimes not even just the high mountains,  as we found out Two years ago in The Brecon Beacons.  A suddenshort sharp storm blew up, and there were 2 lightning strikes   fairly close to gether, on two of the Beacon peaks,  both fatal.  It was said afterwards the the incident was  the result of "exceptional weather conditions which could not have been predicted or controlled".

The peaks are 2907 ft and 2864 ft,   so quite short compared to Horo's mountains

@Horo: Wonderful rainy day.

drachenlords: Very well done! The rainy street looks wet and the whole atmosphere is great.

Why does everybody think of rain (while I'm trying to make a rain-render too)????

• @ Bigh, adbc, Mermaid and Hansmar:
    Thank you.
    The material of the street I have so changed, the asphalt some water drops and a mirror can be seen. For this I have added some spraying water with some small terrains.

My second entry:

Beautiful Day

Also nice weather is a weather ;-)

Beautiful Day.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798

Hot Damn! You guys are bringing your A games for this challenge. Gonna have to dig deep to keep up with the high quality images posted in this thread. So exciting!

Beautiful Day - it sure is yes

Hansmar - thank you. It ought to look like snow, there's seldom rain above 4000 m /12,000 ft.

drachenlords - outstanding render.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,078

drachenlords : Beautiful day : fantastic render !

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited March 2017

Thank you very much for all the nice Comments.

Post edited by drachenlords on

Wow Drachenlords that one magnificent Beautiful Day

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@bigh... Spring Morning is beautiful... great textures
    @horo... Wetterumschlag... wonderfully realistic...
    @drachenlords... Rain in Downtown...  Wonderful image...it really sets a mood...  and then there's Beautiful Day...  a truly  Fabulous image...
    With the entries so far...I second what Rashad said  "Hot Damn!"