26th BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE theme is ──"Whatever the Weather"──

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

ed3D: great entry, well done. But, if she's expecting a flood, where is her boat? wink

Dan Whiteside: Great render. Good use of those wonderful buildings and very nice foggy bottom.

Apoc: Yes, of course: HDRI background is allowed. I pity the poor girl her whole everything is getting very wet. She does not look happy; hope someone with an umbrella helps her out!

Electro-Elvis: Ha, ha, great creativity and very well made. I assume he tried moving to the right and left, but his personal cloud still clings to him?

Rashad Carter: Now that's a scary dude! Very cool render. Strange snowflakes, though? 

MelanieL: Thanks, and glad you don't have to go out in dangerous weather too often anymore. Gives you more safety and time for Brycing.

drachenlords: Thank you.

Good luck to all contestants and the judges; a real challenge for them again!

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846

@drachenlords, yellow pen, mtnmen and hansmar: Many thanks for your comments.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Apoc nice draping on the dress, the hair and skin wetness is very convincing. Clestia Rain catchy title too..

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

Thanks for the kind words. This has been a fun challenge to behold kicked of with Bigh and that awesome sky over the moutain peak. So many excellent demonstrations of rain and snow. Except for my own snow of course. Hans, I'm sure we all have seen slow falling that looks like shards of confetti? No? Oh. My bad

Best of all Bryce comes out a major winner in a number of ways. I think Bryce demonstrates huge versatility as it tolerates the mistreatment each of us puts it through as we create our artwork without boundaries. Great great great!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited January 2018

Star Wars Day_May 4, celebrates Star Wars created by George Lucas

_just  perhaps_ the next challenge could be a sf \space theme ??   _thanks_``~...

Post edited by ed3D on

Thanks for the kind words. This has been a fun challenge to behold kicked of with Bigh and that awesome sky over the moutain peak. So many excellent demonstrations of rain and snow. Except for my own snow of course. Hans, I'm sure we all have seen slow falling that looks like shards of confetti? No? Oh. My bad

Best of all Bryce comes out a major winner in a number of ways. I think Bryce demonstrates huge versatility as it tolerates the mistreatment each of us puts it through as we create our artwork without boundaries. Great great great!

Well, of course, confetti-snow, raining cats, foggy bottoms, why not!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I was going to ask it anyomne had any suggestions for a them for the next challenge.      Add any suggestions here,  they can always be safed for future challenges.

OK, here are a few suggestions:

• "Your favourite poem": you have to make a render inspired by a poem and I think the poem should be provided as well (or part of it, if it is a long poem)
    • "Your favourite song/music": same idea, but now mentioning the song/music or a link to a performance would be nice
    • Architecture
    • Holidays
    • Into space

Maybe useful.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited May 2017

Perhaps, 'Make Us Laugh' (might allow Brycers express the funny side of their lives, experiences, creativeness and free-range, anything-goes funniability - we have seen some wonderful funny works in the past).

Jay

PS. I do, however, like Hansmar's 'Into Space' suggestion.

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited May 2017

Personal Cloud _very clever

Foggy Bottoms Dawn_ Excellent

The Origin of Snow: Winter Sprite  _orignal , well done

Clestia Rain 2 _looks wet

_``~...

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited May 2017

And thanks to All +_``~...

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited May 2017

And _ Make Us Laugh  could  Be  Cool 

has there been such a kind  ??   _``~...

Post edited by ed3D on
  • ApocApoc Posts: 407

I am a fan of hasmar architecture idea.
    Another idea would be physics

So question. Is there a place where the winners are announced? or is it also left blind

Winners will be announced here by Chohole, but it sometimes takes the judges some time to come to a decision. You will see it in the (possibly near) future.

edited May 2017

I have made a list of all themes we had so far and added below a few suggestions (hopefully you may find a few interesting)

All previous themes

26. Whether the weather
    25. Resolution
    24. Food
    23. Sport
    22. Light and colours
    21. Storms
    20. Trees
    19. Music
    18. Surreal Worlds
    17. Distance
    16. My Kingdom
    15. Movie scenes
    14. Science Fiction
    13. Elements
    12. Fire and Ice
    11. My tribute to...
    10. Trees
     9. Streams
     8. Springtime
     7. H2O
     6. Frozen
     5. Inspiration Halloween
     4. Beating the Heat
     3. I had this weird dream
     2. Unexpected
     1. New Beginnings

My suggestions

- Ancient times
    - Boring places
    - Circus
    - Industrial
    - Rails (railway)
    - Middle Age
    - Reflections
    - Books
    - A book cover
    - Comic
    - Over the clouds
    - Under the sea
    - Lonelyness
    - Uncanny
    - Animals
    - Floral (Flowers)
    - Fast & Furios ;-)
    - Science
    - Cars
    - Traffic
    - Things that have been disappeared
    - Voodoo
    - A fantasy scene
    - Because the night (night scene)
    - A picture with candle light
    - Any animation
    - Peaceful
    - Underground
    - Beyond the horizon
    - Asia dreams
    - Smoke
    - My secret garden
    - Little things
    - An abstract
    - Islands
    - Alleys
    - Sunset
    - Worn (shabby chic)
    - Computerworld
    - Money makes the world go round
    - Rural scene
    - Holy places
    - Clocks
    - Wanderlust (which was originally suggest by s.riesch, if I'm not wrong)
    - Happiness
    - Crime
    - Espionage
    - Automn
    - Castels
    - Necropolis

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited May 2017

Phew, a great list, Elvis, of suggestions.

@Jamahoney: I had quite a bit of time during a rather boring train ride. :-)

edited May 2017

@Elvis Ah, train rides love 'em! I recently travelled from the north of France to the south (Paris to Carcassonne), and it simply was wonderful - couldn't take my eyes off the changing landscape + listening to Joni Mitchell smiley

I think your suggestions will suitably fit Bryce's capabilities and, perhaps, open up areas of discovery in the 'ware.

Jay

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

Electro-Elvis - quite a research you've done, and many interesting suggestions.

Jamahoney - been to Paris by train and car a couple of times and twice at Carcassone by car. Great old city, bought quite a couple of transportable sundials there (shown on my website under the Astronomy topic). They run on sun power only, no batteries involved, completely green.

edited May 2017

Aha, Horo, made a static sundial once out of a piece of slate - the angle of the dial (metal, in this case) had to be exact, of course. It became a talking piece: explaining to friends/viewers as to why the shadows weren't exactly 'on time' against [their] watches/mob-phones that had automatic hours jump forwards/backwards (spring/fall etc.,)  wink 

Carcassonne was simply gorgeous, and the old castle there a treat + climbed up Montsegur (Cathars stronghold) too.

Jay

Electro-Elvis: Oh man, those are a lot of suggestions. We can now keep having these contests well into the next decade!

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

Agreed. Elvis has outdone himself with that list. Got my mouth watering over a couple of those ideas.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    So...?

So along with the previous themes, is there a way to see the previous winners as well?

edited May 2017
    Apoc said:

So along with the previous themes, is there a way to see the previous winners as well?

_good remark_``~...

Post edited by ed3D on

From Elvis's list...I think "Physics" sounds fun... That's what I'm working on... just in case..

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

Wow! This is a long list with great themes. I hope it goes on and these topics are taken somehow.
    Is that a new contest in sight?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

My CPU is cold and lonely...

Is anybody interested in a challenge organized by us Bryce users... I don't know how it could be pulled off with judging and all... Perhaps we who enter a render could be the ones who vote on the best entries ... Although we all like to win, I know that in the past Render Challenges my favorites were not necessarily my own... Perhaps voting using the honor system.  To get something going I am willing to purchase a $30 gift card for the winner... Any other ideas out there to get us up and running with these render challenges that we all enjoy so much... I know I do...

Steve