Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

I like #2 and #4!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks!  I have to say I like #2 the best myself, it really reminds me of the old movies.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I really like #2 the best.  His fur looks so much better.

I really like #2 the best.  His fur looks so much better.

Thanks.  Night time is tough and I wasn't sure I could do it justice

edited March 2017

My green fairy I rendered a couple weeks ago.  I have another render of the Wolfen going that is totally different from teh last one so I decided to play with photoshop a bit.

green fairy.png
    1582 x 2560 - 5M
    Green Fairy Postwork 4.png
    1582 x 2560 - 6M
    Green Fairy Postwork Gradient.jpg
    1582 x 2560 - 738K
    Green Fairy Postwork 6.jpg
    1582 x 2560 - 924K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited March 2017

Another quick render of the Wolfen.  I really like the red planet feel of this one but I am going to render it in a more normal sky as well. Edited to add one with a different sky.

Wolfen Gaurd.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Wolfen Gaurd 2.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

That wolfen looks like a lot of fun to play around with!

Nice photoshopping on the fairy :D

Thank you!  I really like him, he is quite versatile, I was thrilled to be able to put clothes on him as well although I don't think I can get him in a suit.  He's the perfect mix of man and beast, really a great character.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

My green fairy I rendered a couple weeks ago.  I have another render of the Wolfen going that is totally different from teh last one so I decided to play with photoshop a bit.

awesome postwork 

Thank you!

Ignore the view I am having a really hard time positioning the camera.  That's a project for another day. Ugh and of course, now its not going to upload it.  You can see it here in my account at Deviant Art if anyone is interested.   Keep in mind that I haven't seriously set foot into Blender and actually been able to use it til now.  I'm on day two and video #8.  Being slightly familiar with the Carrara interface did help.  I made the wall, floor and the stool (cushion & 4 legs) and applied materials and uv mapped them.  Very pleased with that first set of videos, and looking forward to continuing down the list.  Also excited to see how well I will be able to carry this over into Carrara.

And don't mind the textures lol, my full texture library is on my pc and not on my laptop plus, I couldn't see what the textures were, just the file name.  Texture 1 through 20 is not a helpful name to describe what it looks like!

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Commented on the DA thread - but also wanted to comment here.   Looks like you're off to a good start, learning the workflow and techniques!

Commented on the DA thread - but also wanted to comment here.   Looks like you're off to a good start, learning the workflow and techniques!

Thanks!  I'm pretty excited to finally have it make sense lol.  I do think that all the bits and pieces I've picked up in the various programs and threads finally helped to bring it all together in a way my mind understands it.  I keep saying I need a 48 hour day but I think I need to up that number quite a bit lol.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

Another quick render of the Wolfen.  I really like the red planet feel of this one but I am going to render it in a more normal sky as well. Edited to add one with a different sky.

Wow! This looks amazing! Really nice work!

Thanks!  I have another rattling around my brain as well, that I am hoping to get started on tonight.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

These look great, I have the G2 warewolf but I think I like this one better, he has more fur and the fur looks great. Do you have the LAMH preset on him? 

Thanks! This is actually Greybro's wolfen for G1 available at that other place. I'm using the iray and lamh presets that he is considering offering as an add on. Ignore any weird spelling I'm on my phone so who knows what this post is actually going to say lol.
    edited March 2017

Just a quickie.  The original prop is an old poser prop and the lighting was a deep red, it looked really awesome in the viewport.  Unfortunately, because it was poser lights, they didn't transfer to Daz.  I did my best to mimic it but its not quite as intense as the original. I think this needs some alien plants or a dragon flying in the background yet.  Will revisit this one again, but I couldn't wait to try out the armour. The armour is by Greybro, you can see more examples of it here. It conforms and moves with the character very well. I also want to change the metal of the sword blade to bone.

Disciples of Creech Test Render 2.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
  • FaxMisherFaxMisher Posts: 102

Really beautiful render. I really like how you composed the fore and midground to increase the sense of the depth. Plus the red light sets it off nice. It's cool how it interacts with all the details of the armor and the figure. What environment is that?

Its Etaiji Pass. From the promos it looks like there should be Daz settings as well, so I will have to look a bit closer.  It was late last night and I needed something relatively quick lol. But I really like the prop, now that I've tried it out so will explore further as well.

Just a quickie.  The original prop is an old poser prop and the lighting was a deep red, it looked really awesome in the viewport.  Unfortunately, because it was poser lights, they didn't transfer to Daz.  I did my best to mimic it but its not quite as intense as the original. I think this needs some alien plants or a dragon flying in the background yet.  Will revisit this one again, but I couldn't wait to try out the armour. The armour is by Greybro, you can see more examples of it here. It conforms and moves with the character very well. I also want to change the metal of the sword blade to bone.

Nice! I am calling my next band, "Alien Pants!"

One of my fav things to do is to bring a prop like this pass, you know old school Poser content into an IRay world with IRay mats. I'm such a collector of the old stuff. I feel like I own 80% of everything ever sold at RDNA.

Lol!  Hey, you never know, you might make it big on that. 

Ya this one was straight out of the box, I will most likely go through and update everything for Iray and save it.  Although it doesn't look half bad with no changes lol.  I own a LOT of older stuff and actually picked up Poser to be able to use some of the really cool stuff that simply won't work in Studio.  I just need time to actually learn it lol. I've found a lot of the older stuff is really very well made and with some changes in the materials, it can look fabulous.  And I frequently pick up more.  Lots of great freebies for Poser only as well that work just fine in Studio with a minimal amount of work.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I think it turned out pretty cool, the red light reminders me of the old sci fi tv shows. The armor is stellar! 

Thank you very much!  And I love the armour.  I have another render going, I had hoped to get some done yesterday but  Ieft the house at 8:30 in the morning and got home at 11:45 last night.  I didn't realize how much I rely on being able to come home and work in studio.  I was surprised at how much I missed even one day.  Not that I didn't enjoy my sons puppy or my neices banquet lol, family is always better but I think I missed the quiet time this gives me. Its been super busy at work and I am covering for someone's vacation so am putting in an extra 20 hours this week. At least  I can be online at work, my boss doesn't care so I can keep up with things and still catch all the little tips and tricks everyone shares without having to spend hours catching up.  Sometimes I can set up a render at work if its slow but this week has been pretty insane so that just didn't happen.

edited March 2017

Wow that took far less time than I thought it would.  About 10 minutes to 98%.  I wanted to keep the focus on the armour and figure so stuck to a more desolute, plain background.  I did use fit control on the chest as this model has a rather healthy set lol.  This armour conforms very well to the different shapes so far and works very well with the poses I have tried so far.  Will try it out in 3delight as well and in 4.8.

Disciples of Creech Test Render 3.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    edited March 2017

Wow that took far less time than I thought it would.  About 10 minutes to 98%.  I wanted to keep the focus on the armour and figure so stuck to a more desolute, plain background.  I did use fit control on the chest as this model has a rather healthy set lol.  This armour conforms very well to the different shapes so far and works very well with the poses I have tried so far.  Will try it out in 3delight as well and in 4.8.

Well, I really dig this! Nice action!

Post edited by Greybro on

Thank you!

Note to self.  Depth of field does NOT work when you use the environment tab.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I think I knew this but still spent 10 minutes refiguring this out lol.  Even with notes, it can be a bit overwhelming to remember all the stuff one needs to know.  Here's to hoping this one at least will stick from now on!

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Those are nice the red lighting looks cool. I have not done anything lately busy doing other stuff. :)

This discussion has been closed.