Come one, Come all JANUARY FREEBIE CHALLENGE

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

I see her as trying to sell me a pile of rubble. Maybe if you, the artist, were make the viewer, me, a third person point of view, an onlooker, you may get closer to the dog and pony show.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

I don't see this as being over the top either. But, now if you were to dress her to the nines with gold and diamond jewelry, fur coats, a limo parked out behind, maybe even a tiara. You know play up the fact that she is rich and doesn't care if they know it. Then begging for money seems outrageously over the top to me. And then, of course, if she is one of the beautiful people you could add several men hanging around pouring cash into her hand or hat or whatever she is collecting with. You know how all the beautiful people keep getting everything handed to them or at least that seems to be the stereotype I have grown up watching happen to others. No, not me :) I'm in the other group.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Title: The Snake-Oil Salesman

The Snake-Oil Salesman was a travelling salesman peddling cure-alls; potions and tonics that were basically alcohol based (or worse) and foisted upon the gullible public (usually at an inflated price). Needless to say; the 'tonics' rarely delivered as promised and by that time; the salesman was in another town, plying his wares on other victims.

Freebies (* denotes that registration is required to download items)

Laudanum Bottle Downloads Page 3, 10 from the bottom

Parking Lot *

Buildings *

Still Life *

Hat *

Silk Shader hat band *

Mitch Hair

Sensible Shoes *

Station Wagon textures converted from .dds to .jpg with easy2convert

Card Table *

Stonemason Inspired Sunlight *

Morphs for Genesis * used on salesman

Paid for:

1-Click M4 Face Hair Stubble on salesman
    Pants on customer
    Hoodie on customer

Both figures are Genesis with the included basic male textures. Rendered in DS4.5

salesman_1.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 596K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

The Snake-Oil Salesman was a travelling salesman peddling cure-alls; potions and tonics that were basically alcohol based (or worse) and foisted upon the gullible public (usually at an inflated price). Needless to say; the 'tonics' rarely delivered as promised and by that time; the salesman was in another town, plying his wares on other victims.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=44664_5P2Zbw47D1BTvucL8rOH&thumb=1&board_id=1

Gather 'round, folks, and let me tell you about the elixir that saved my life...and will save yours, too! :lol:

That's a funny one! The customer doesn't look like he's convinced, though.

• mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    gravity0 said:
    Can this be (with the list of items used) an entry? I will edit it a bit and post if you think that it could get to the point of the contest.

What I am try to do is to make her look like poor while she's not. (as stated in the third explaination of the theme).

Tell me if I am totalle away from the theme?

I have to admit I am not seeing the Dog and Pony show connection. What do others think ?

I Will try to edit it or change scene At al... I nave dead the description better now.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Parking Lot *

Buildings *

Still Life *

Hat *

Silk Shader hat band *

Mitch Hair

Sensible Shoes *

Card Table *

Paid for:

Pants on customer
    Hoodie on customer

Both figures are Genesis with the included basic male textures. Rendered in DS4.5

Funny you should do this render...if you look back through the history...THIS is how the medical doctors got started in America. The traveling medicine shows and their cure all tonics. Still today, they trick us with their pills and "put heating pad on it" technology to drum up business for themselves. Hospitals are killing people by the thousands with their misdiagnosises and infectious environments still today. They just say they died from "neumonia"...yeah, that's the ticket!

:shut:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Parking Lot *

Buildings *

Still Life *

Hat *

Silk Shader hat band *

Mitch Hair

Sensible Shoes *

Card Table *

Paid for:

Pants on customer
    Hoodie on customer

All links check out. Entry accepted. I will get your gift to you as soon as I have bought the GCs. Would rather buy them all at once, than one at a time.

Love this take on the theme, is the sort of thing I was hoping we would get.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Nice render. Good idea well executed. Even better, there are several freebies I've never seen...even on ShareCG! Thanks for the links.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments. By the way; there are only 2 physical bottles in the scene. All the bottles on the table; except for the front one of the first row were created using DS4.5's instancing tool.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Thanks for the comments. By the way; there are only 2 physical bottles in the scene. All the bottles on the table; except for the front one of the first row were created using DS4.5's instancing tool.

really!, very interesting; I just learned about the polygon selection tool from the kit bashing contest

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Okay 15 (for me) days in and things are going very well. Great stuff happening now.

At this time Chohole and I are open to adding Judges to this months contest. If you have stated before that you wish to Judge or just thought about maybe Judging the Dog And Pony Show let us know. We now have Great Images for the contest and need help from this point on.

Hint: As soon as Judges are added a nice Mini contest with a prize for the winner will start.

Thank you all For Playing, and get more renders posted so you can win the nice prizes offered.

Jade wants more, Jade is happy, Jade wants more happy...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Yes, what he said. I am sorry I know we had a couple of volunteers for Judges, but I am afraid to admit that I quite forgot who they was. Sorry

:red:

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes, what he said. I am sorry I know we had a couple of volunteers for Judges, but I am afraid to admit that I quite forgot who they was. Sorry

:red:

I do believe I was one of those volunteers...
    edited December 1969

It took some hunting but your right you were the very first to offer.

robkelk said:
    chohole said:
    Well it looks like we have a New Host for January, as I twisted his arm, but I will be helping him along the way, as it's his first time, so a new venture, a dual host.

SO it's going to be the Jade and Cho Dog and Pony show for January. Details later
    Jade, I know what it's like to be a new host - I hosted my first Freebie Challenge last month. It can be stressful, but it's a lot of fun, too! (And if you need a judge, just ask...)

I should have thought of the old thread first off. Thank you robkelk. Done! If the offer still stands.

I did remember Jeeperz offering but thought that was much later as well.
    I can judge too if you need one, but will step back to let others judge tooIf your up to it now health wise I would love to have your help as well.

I think thats all so far. So anynoe else willing to step forward?
    edited December 1969

I'll volunteer...

Lord Ganthor
    :lol:

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,653
    edited December 1969

I am a newbee to this contest, decided to enter as there is a lot of silliness happening here, which I find irresistible. :cheese:

I have a couple of questions about the Freebee rules. The first is about providing links to DAZ 24 Days of Christmas 2011. The links don't work any more as far as I can tell and I used two items that had 2 different urls. So, do these count? Also I used an item that I put another texture on, so it is not recognizable. Can I still use it and not count it as one of the 10?

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    robkelk said:
    chohole said:
    Well it looks like we have a New Host for January, as I twisted his arm, but I will be helping him along the way, as it's his first time, so a new venture, a dual host.

SO it's going to be the Jade and Cho Dog and Pony show for January. Details later
    Jade, I know what it's like to be a new host - I hosted my first Freebie Challenge last month. It can be stressful, but it's a lot of fun, too! (And if you need a judge, just ask...)

I should have thought of the old thread first off. Thank you robkelk. Done! If the offer still stands.

I did remember Jeeperz offering but thought that was much later as well.
    I can judge too if you need one, but will step back to let others judge too
    If your up to it now health wise I would love to have your help as well.

I think thats all so far. So anynoe else willing to step forward?

be happy to jade, and if someone else decides they want to judge I will step aside too if needed.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited January 2013

Luci45 said:
    I am a newbee to this contest, decided to enter as there is a lot of silliness happening here, which I find irresistible. :cheese:

I have a couple of questions about the Freebee rules. The first is about providing links to DAZ 24 Days of Christmas 2011. The links don't work any more as far as I can tell and I used two items that had 2 different urls. So, do these count? Also I used an item that I put another texture on, so it is not recognizable. Can I still use it and not count it as one of the 10?

welcome to the insanity Luci45
    free items from past Christmas giveaways usually fall under the "doesn't count misc" category. unless you can provide a working link to it and it's still free, then it is a countable item. If you re-texture an item just mention that you did that, if you can provide a link to the texture and it's free then you can count it as a free item otherwise just mention that you gave it a new texture and that is it, the item will still count as a freebie as long as there is a working link for it. I f you have more questions feel free to ask.

Also just a note... I have provided a link to explanation of a "dog and pony show" just for those of you (like me) who really aren't sure of what it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_and_pony_show

hopefully that will help all of you who are trying to follow the theme, if I judge, that will be a big criteria in how I pick the winners.

Post edited by jeeperz on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jeeperz. I quoted some things from an urban slang dictionary, never actually thought to look up wikipedia for a definition. LOL

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited December 1969

not a contest entry

( see if you turn on shadows on a light, and use a negative image as an opacity mask, you get GoBo's in Daz Studio )

mcjAnonimoty.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 132K
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,653
    edited January 2013

On a barren planet in a faraway galaxy, a fashion show attracts some travelers looking for lovely things to take home to their wives and/or sweethearts and others travelers who just want to look at the girls.

Sky Dome/Atmosphere Pack http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=63784
    Low Res Terrain http://scotthagel.com/?page_id=260 Arid Terrain Low Res
    Sylph Bracelets for V4 http://www.runtimedna.com/The-SylphBracelets-for-V4.html
    Orchid Antennae http://www.runtimedna.com/The-OrchidFaes-the-facejewels.html
    SeaFolk Kelp Hair for V4 http://www.runtimedna.com/SeaFolk-KelpHair-for-V4-A4-M4-and-H4.html
    Nightbird collar http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=59511
    Elegant MFD http://www.sharecg.com/v/12266/gallery/11/Poser/Elegant-MFD-V3
    Belva Dark Red MFD http://chohole.ovbi.org/page_7.htm - choholes MFDs
    Warrior Priestess MFD http://www.sharecg.com/v/15714 - warrior priestess
    Pakastani Mansion Building http://www.poserdirect.com/freebie.html
    Primitive Styles for MFD http://www.sharecg.com/v/56064/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Primitive-Styles-for-MFD

Free, but don't count
    Trade-Show Stage http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=63314 (not recognizable with texture)
    V5 Essentials Makeup and all Xmas 2011 2011 24 Days of Christmas
    Wood Shaders for DAZ Studio 2011 24 Days of Christmas
    DS 4 free content - Hair, clothes, Sample Skin Textures
    Bikini Bottom for V4 - Came with DAZ Studio 3

Bought items:
    MFD for Genesis
    Genesis Evolution: Morph Bundle
    Genesis Creature Creator Bundle

fashion_show.jpg
    1166 x 1400 - 574K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    On a barren planet in a faraway galaxy, a fashion show attracts some travelers looking for lovely things to take home to their wives and/or sweethearts and others travelers who just want to look at the girls.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=45279_FAlNQ0INAgcshENE59Rl&thumb=1&board_id=1

I like it! I like the short story with it, too! I'm impressed with your wood floor texture, by the way! I can only see one duplication of the pattern. That's really good for such a large area. I often see highly repeated patterns in this kind of thing.

Dana

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    robkelk said:
    chohole said:

Yes, the offer still stands ... and I'm happy to help out.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    I'll volunteer...

Lord Ganthor

Geeze...pay a guy a compliment an' he kicks ya under da bus...sheesh...Wadda'my volunteerin' for again? Judge? Hokay, if ya really needs me...

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    I'll volunteer...

Lord Ganthor

Geeze...pay a guy a compliment an' he kicks ya under da bus...sheesh...Wadda'my volunteerin' for again? Judge? Hokay, if ya really needs me...

Just kidding you LG (trying to ease you into hosting). If you (or Da Real guy) don't want to judge; you don't have to. I don;t want to pressure you.

edited January 2013

BWSman said:
    BWSman said:
    I'll volunteer...

<=: BUNCH CLIPPED For space:=>

Lord Ganthor

Just kidding you LG (trying to ease you into hosting). If you (or Da Real guy) don't want to judge; you don't have to. I don;t want to pressure you.I needz jut one more! I'll roll dice and deside if'n it will be BWSman or Da Real Man. >Ebil Grin.<</strong>

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Gallery's updated. ;)

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/

Alexa

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    BWSman said:
    BWSman said:
    I'll volunteer...

<=: BUNCH CLIPPED For space:=>

Lord Ganthor

Just kidding you LG (trying to ease you into hosting). If you (or Da Real guy) don't want to judge; you don't have to. I don;t want to pressure you.I needz jut one more! I'll roll dice and deside if'n it will be BWSman or Da Real Man. >Ebil Grin.<</strong>

Hey, I donwanna put nobody out or nut'in'. I don't know nuts 'bout horses, but I gotta dog so i gusses I qualifys. You're runnin' da show so rolls your dice an' let da chicks fall were dey may!

edited January 2013

Thanks for doing that Alexa. I kept meaning to do it, but seem to have misplaced my link to the gallery pages somehow. I thought I had saved it when I changed to this computer, but can't seem to find it. Wonder where I filed it. :roll: :red:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

Sky Dome/Atmosphere Pack http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=63784
    Low Res Terrain http://scotthagel.com/?page_id=260 Arid Terrain Low Res
    Sylph Bracelets for V4 http://www.runtimedna.com/The-SylphBracelets-for-V4.html
    Orchid Antennae http://www.runtimedna.com/The-OrchidFaes-the-facejewels.html
    SeaFolk Kelp Hair for V4 http://www.runtimedna.com/SeaFolk-KelpHair-for-V4-A4-M4-and-H4.html
    Nightbird collar http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=59511
    Elegant MFD http://www.sharecg.com/v/12266/gallery/11/Poser/Elegant-MFD-V3
    Belva Dark Red MFD http://chohole.ovbi.org/page_7.htm - choholes MFDs
    Warrior Priestess MFD http://www.sharecg.com/v/15714 - warrior priestess
    Pakastani Mansion Building http://www.poserdirect.com/freebie.html
    Primitive Styles for MFD http://www.sharecg.com/v/56064/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Primitive-Styles-for-MFD

Free, but don't count
    Trade-Show Stage http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=63314 (not recognizable with texture)
    V5 Essentials Makeup and all Xmas 2011 2011 24 Days of Christmas
    Wood Shaders for DAZ Studio 2011 24 Days of Christmas
    DS 4 free content - Hair, clothes, Sample Skin Textures
    Bikini Bottom for V4 - Came with DAZ Studio 3

Bought items:
    MFD for Genesis
    Genesis Evolution: Morph Bundle
    Genesis Creature Creator Bundle

All links Check. Entry accepted. Good one. Play more if you would.

All of you please play more.