Llola Lane's Song/Music/Story/Poem Inspired Render Thread... Join me if you wish!!!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I often wonder how many over the other side of the pond know the original meaning of the song "The wearing of the green"

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    Chohole said:

I often wonder how many over the other side of the pond know the original meaning of the song "The wearing of the green"

it means - lamenting the repression of
    supporters of the Irish Rebellion of 1798 by the english

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2017
    bigh said:
    Chohole said:

it means - lamenting the repression of
    supporters of the Irish Rebellion of 1798 by the english

Ah  someone knows, (or used their google-fu)

Before then green had not had any particular meaning to the Irish people. In fact the original Irish flag was a blue background with a harp on it, which is still used as the Irish Presidential flag  .   They adopted green as a protest, and it would heve mostly been nothing more than a green cockade, or a green ribbon, or even simply a bunch of green shamrock.  

Lá fhéile Pádraig sona dhuit!

Post edited by Chohole on

top of the day to ya

time for a dram or 2 of irish whiskey

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited March 2017

A lullaby to help you sleep tight.

Lullaby.jpg
    1164 x 800 - 202K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

and a good night to all

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Beautiful Lulaby and Render Dee!!!!

Brings me back to when I was a child and Me Mother used to sing that very song to me.

I have very strong Irish decent also have some Scottish and French (France)!!!

Thank you Saphirewild, I too remember my grandmother singing it to me when I was a young lad some 60 years past. My mother also had a nice voice but she was more into country or Elvis. 

edited March 2017

Little Queenie

000 0 319.jpg
    869 x 869 - 251K
    Post edited by bigh on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009

A nice Irish tune simple and clean and a sweet Irish lass wearin the green.

+1... :)  Thanks oodles Bigh... Got me smilin' 

A lullaby to help you sleep tight.

Oh Dee... I've not heard this Kate Smith version... I'm quite fond of the Bing Crosby version though... Your render makes me yawn!!!!  (stretches and ... WAKES UP!)  It's too early to sleep... LOL

Thanks for sharing :)

bigh said:

Little Queenie

May he rest in peace... His music will be enjoyed... for...eeeeeeeeeeeeever!!!  Thanks goodness for that 'music machine'... lol.  Thanks for sharing Bigh.. a great tribute indeed.  Love your 'little queenie'

NIce bigh, great artist and render. I realy like the curves on that Wurlitzer.

The queen is good looking too.

Thank you Llola Lane, This render brought back memories and last night I slept well with a smile on my face. 

edited March 2017

As for smiling this was never a song on my top 20 but it made me smile. It also popped into my head at times and would hang around for days.

Dragon Puff.jpg
    1164 x 800 - 166K

thanks guys smiley

Cruel Old World

000 0 321.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 458K

nice music nice gritty grizzly

As for smiling this was never a song on my top 20 but it made me smile. It also popped into my head at times and would hang around for days.

Oh goodness.. Now I'll have that song in my head for days.  This was a family song to sing in the car when I was little... also... Leavin' on a Jet Plane.  I know both songs by heart and even have a bit of my own harmony for a few spots.  Thanks for bringing back some great car traveling memories Dee... oh.. and love your artwork to go with it.  :)  Thanks for sharing!

nice music nice gritty grizzly

+1.... Thanks for another great bluezzzzzzzzzz song Bigh :)... and artwork too... of course. ;)

thanks guys

be well

edited March 2017

Sierra South

000 0 322.jpg
    1000 x 1050 - 668K
    Post edited by bigh on

Good music that goes down well with my morning coffee and a wonderful image to stir the imagination.

bigh said:

Sierra South

Not sure where you are finding all these wonderful pieces of music Bigh... but I'm loving them.... and this one goes great with the scenery you created.. Thanks you for sharing such a wonderful piece of artwork!

edited March 2017

Unlike my last render this song was in my top 20 a very long time ago when the earth was green and even harder to get out of your head.

Save the Unicorn

Save the Unicorn.jpg
    1164 x 800 - 154K

thanks guys - happy you like them

Unlike my last render this song was in my top 20 a very long time ago when the earth was green and even harder to get out of your head.

Save the Unicorn

wonderful

edited March 2017

Apache

000 0 323.jpg
    789 x 789 - 107K
    Post edited by bigh on

good sound, quieting render

good sound, quieting render