RPG Appreciation Thread

Comments

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Mr. Minitour sir, there is a hair in my food!

Minitour: Grrrrr

Did I said hair? I meant I LOVE this food, thank you!

Good one, MadManMike. :)

Heh, one of my game buddies pointed out that the advantage to having a Minotaur on your space ship is that if you get stranded, you won't be hurting for steak... although in this case he's the cook, so it might not get prepared as well...

edited December 1969

Earlier I posted an image of four characters I did for a friends RIFTS game; this weekend the Pyrokinetic Dwarf lost his life in a battle with an adult dragon. So the customer came back to me for a portrait of the replacement character, a super-solider experiment with super strength, flight, an energy whip and the ability to emit energy from his hands.

Here's the low-res versions of that commission. Check my DA page later for the detailed versions.

-Mike

BartonsGang2.0DAZ_.jpg
    937 x 600 - 445K
    CSExpDAZ.jpg
    450 x 670 - 168K
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

I might make some picture of my character from Runescape :D

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited November 2012

That's cool Madmanmike. :)

Back when I played Rifts via Play-by-E-mail, I played a Cyber-Knight. Unfortunately, most of the other players claimed he was too powerful. Which is weird because every power he had was from the main source book. I left that group behind and took my character elsewhere.

@The Castellan: Let's see those characters from Runescape. :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited November 2012

That's cool Madmanmike. :)

Back when I played Rifts via Play-by-E-mail, I played a Cyber-Knight. Unfortunately, most of the other players claimed he was too powerful. Which is weird because every power he had was from the main source book. I left that group behind and took my character elsewhere.

@The Castellan: Let's see those characters from Runescape. :)

Cyber-Knight too powerful? Wow, that's crazy.

I picked up Xurge's Paladin Plate Armor and had to do a render, after retexturing it that is..

Full sized image in my DA gallery.

Golden_KnightDAZ.jpg
    600 x 767 - 462K
    Post edited by MADMANMIKE on
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

First off, its great to find such a thread. I love RPG's. On computer mostly single players one like KOTOR, Baldur's gate, Planescape etc. The only pen and paper rpg's played so far is the dark eye and there was this rpg where the main villain had a similar name to Voldermort. Voldemar, Valden? I remember the end and the image that followed it. He got thrown into the icy dungeon and the guards lead him to it, but can't remember the title and I really loved that one.

As far as images go all are great. Mike good job on the village.

edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    First off, its great to find such a thread. I love RPG's. On computer mostly single players one like KOTOR, Baldur's gate, Planescape etc. The only pen and paper rpg's played so far is the dark eye and there was this rpg where the main villain had a similar name to Voldermort. Voldemar, Valden? I remember the end and the image that followed it. He got thrown into the icy dungeon and the guards lead him to it, but can't remember the title and I really loved that one.

As far as images go all are great. Mike good job on the village.

Thanks, although it's actually part of a pretty big city; what you see there is maybe a quarter-inch square from a two page map.

My last space ship set (over on the Davo Appreciation Thread) tipped the balance of my DeviantArt galley away from male portraits to Space Ships, so I thought I'd balance things out.

This one is a Simian D-Bee (dimensional being, aka alien) from the Pecos Empire of the RIFTS world.

D-BeeMarauderDAZ.jpg
    600 x 767 - 195K
    edited December 1969

Well, I've been so focused on Space Ships lately that it was time to step back to the RPGs.. This one was done for a commission this morning.. A Warlock (elemental mage) Troll on his throne in the World of RIFTS. I may make some changes..

ThroneTrollDAZ.jpg
    1565 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Okay, this one has languished for a little over a month, so here's what I'm working on now; a commission for Barton; he's got a new player and she's chosen a very exotic race, a Kryygorth Pegasus. These creatures are found in the RIFTS RPG supplement Splynn Dimensional Market. The market trades in all manner of goods and specializes in exotic slave races, and is found in Atlantis, the lost continent of which takes up a good portion of the Atlantic Ocean in the RIFTS setting and is ruled by a Supernatual intelligence callled a Splugorth.

This is just the first draft of the character, thrown together this evening in about an hour. Two Millenium Horses, Feathered Wings and V4..

KryygorthPegasusDAZ.jpg
    1174 x 1500 - 650K
  • LundqvistLundqvist Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Hopefully, this doesn't drift too far away from the thread topic, but you know me, I gotta million of 'em. Unfortunately.

image.jpg
    1100 x 690 - 371K
    edited December 1969

Hopefully, this doesn't drift too far away from the thread topic, but you know me, I gotta million of 'em. Unfortunately.

I've always meant to ask, are you painting the character's clothing entirely, or just adding detail?

edited January 2013

Okay, so I tweaked the design to the customer's liking and threw it into a group shot with the remaining two characters from his previous group for scale. Bonus- She's doing the Gangnam Style dance!

Bartons_Gang3DAZ.jpg
    2000 x 1400 - 1M
    Post edited by MADMANMIKE on
    edited December 1969

...are you painting the character’s clothing entirely, or just adding detail?

It varies, but in this case it was all painted on.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

one of these days i will invent a machine to steal Kurt Lundqvist's talent and then it will be MINE!!! ALL MINE !!!! EVILMUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edited December 1969

:)

Here's one with a bit more going on.

FS-Charger3-DF.jpg
    800 x 500 - 186K
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Pretty awesome guys. :)

edited December 1969

Here's a commission piece I just did for a friend who's writing his own Dimension setting for RIFTS...

_02MayanMorlocksDS.jpg
    1174 x 1500 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Wow, just shy of a month...

Finag the Green character portrait.

MyWizardCharacterDS.jpg
    1174 x 1500 - 440K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...now in the install portion of the workstation project so only a matter of days before I start creating and rendering. have quite a backlog of ideas, which include a number pics for this thread.

...stay jacked in chummers.

edited December 1969

Well, that game was a bust; one of the other players decided to have his character run mine out of the game from the start.

Here's a character portrait for my next game, a RIFTS Greyhound Dogboy named Dash..

-Mike

Dash03DTS.jpg
    1174 x 1500 - 391K
    edited December 1969

i got playing today.....

Orc-Boss-007.jpg
    1990 x 1150 - 250K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...that is really nice.

edited December 1969

decided to do a bit of hand drawn art for a change

Illithid.jpg
    741 x 1046 - 146K
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

My fanart for "Planescape: Torment", The Nameless One in one of the slightly earlier incarnations.

G_NamelessOne.jpg
    1000 x 1378 - 295K
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    My fanart for "Planescape: Torment", The Nameless One in one of the slightly earlier incarnations.

Is that a RawArt texture?

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited May 2013

Kattey said:

Is that a RawArt texture?
    No. It is Dulary's textire by _samildanach_ from Renderosity. It is now defunct but you can probably get it by contacting the author.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited April 2014

Doing commissions to make some sale money, this is the first one, a RIFTS Demigod. Description given: "Looks like a muscular, pale Yule Brenner with paired scimitars, a rifle slung over his back, a pistol on his hip, modified spikey hide armor and blue energy shooting out of one hand, set in the Pecos Empire, so a southwest desert.."

Nailed it in half a day while watching TV.. Genesis 1, M3 Xurge Warlord armor, M3 Hooded Cloak, NWS-HeroFX and Jepe'sSpecaiz for the energy blast. All post worked in Photoshop CS5, rendered in D|S 4.6.

-Mike

PetesCharacterShow.jpg
    783 x 1000 - 643K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I was commissioned about a year ago to do some 2D illustration for a western themed tabletop RPG book. Lots of fun.

This was my favourite drawing I did for the book.

I titled it "Thar's WHORES in them thar hills!"

1331615611505.png
    1280 x 752 - 2M
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited July 2013

This is a pic of one of my comic book characters. I've also written him and all of the others for Cyberpunk 2020(under their Interlock system), and later converted to the BGC RPG (using the newer Fuzion system, both by R.Talsorian Games.

Kageto is a traditionally trained Japanese Shinobi of Samurai descent who also happens to have two cyberarms (he had his arms literally shot off from the elbow down by a .45 cal pistol at point blank range). He wields bladed weapons exclusively, primarily his Daisho set.

The pic (and prints) can also be found here

Down-the-Corridor-(small).jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 466K
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

The Dwarf Warrior ....

The-Dwarf.jpg
    856 x 1058 - 146K