My WIPS, renders and animations :)

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,038

Thank you. Yes all the images and videos are mine. I checked the videos on the site and they seem to play alright here, if a bit slow in downloading even here :)

• Fishtales said:

Thank you. Yes all the images and videos are mine. I checked the videos on the site and they seem to play alright here, if a bit slow in downloading even here :)

Oh, I'm sure it was just an internet traffic jam somewhere.  In my neighborhood, the internet really slows down over the weekend.  More than likely, all of the videos will download super quick come Monday morning when everyone heads back to work.

edited February 2017

I started this one a few days ago and decided to add the gorilla in armour, that night the film on tv I watched was Rise of the Planet of the Apes, spooky :)

I wasn't happy with the way the armour rendered in this first render so I worked on it for the second one in the surface tab. I also changed the crush black settings which softened the shadows, too much perhaps. Lighting is an HDRI from TerraDome and the light that came with City Ruins.

Click on image for full size.

gorilla-city-001.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 1M
    gorilla-city-002.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 2M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited March 2017

After reading some threads on the forum I started playing with the DOF settings on the camera. A simple scene with an HDRI, whale, some clouds from Stonemason and Licorne ship model. I also set the Ground Position Mode to Manual and set Ground Origin Y to -200 so the sun in the HDRI was on the horizon.

On this one I used the Dome Orientation Z set to a negative number to lower the sun (I turned the dome so it would show up better).

whale-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 966K
    whale-003.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 981K
    whale-002.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited March 2017

Trolling my library and came across these airplane models by Pedro Caparro. The sky is the HDRI from Modern Museum with Dome Orientation Z set at 15, camera tilted up and Draw Ground off to get only the clouds without the terrain.

fw200-condor-002.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 511K
    edited March 2017

Just to show what the HDRI looks like with the Camera and Dome settings moved.

fw200-condor-003.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 479K
    edited March 2017

That was interesting. I used Finite Sphere with ground, still with Draw Ground to Off, and got reflected light on the underside of the leading planes and it also changed the amount of sky in view :)

fw200-condor-005.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 491K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Cool planes.  I really like that last one!  Happy accidents.  :)

Another "Bob Ross" moment :)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Wow! These are great! *bookmarked*

Wow! These are great! *bookmarked*

Thank you blush

edited March 2017

Archaic Ruins by Merlin this time. The dancer is Sachra and the flames are from The Library on a cylinder with some volume. Lighting is from an HDRI and the flames being made emissive.

I removed the volume from the cylinder and adjusted lighting and tone mapping on this one.

devil-fire-dance-001.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 1M
    devil-fire-dance-002.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 1M
    edited March 2017

Just using the HDRI from the last render I added AM's Cayman, no other lights.

caymen-002.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 661K
    edited March 2017

I returned to a render I did a while ago and turned the lights on. Emissive shader on the bulbs and an IES Profile added.

Lights off.

Lights on (stopped early as it was taking too long to render, 5% after 7 hours)

alone-002.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    alone-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited March 2017

This one I started a while ago and never finished.

Flower Girl

flower-girl-001.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 1M

I did some 360º backdrops in Bryce a while ago and was trying then out in Studio. Some work others don't, here are a few.

hdri-test-011.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 799K
    hdri-test-012.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 734K
    hdri-test-013.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 687K
    hdri-test-014.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 703K
    hdri-test-015.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 950K
    hdri-test-016.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 755K
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited March 2017

All of them do work for me! Lots of beautiful renders in here, that should not be ignored! wink

Post edited by MN-150374 on

@MN-150374

I forgot to say they are 4000x2000 32 bit HDRI plugged into the Environment Map of the Iray Dome. The water is Ocean Wide.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Those are very pretty.  I love the colors!  :)  I've thought about doing that in Bryce but it's one of those things I just haven't got around to trying out yet.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Wow the fire in those renders above looks fantastic, I didn't know you could fet such real looking flames in 3D

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Like Knittingmommy I want to be able to make skies and landscapes for Studio in Bryce as well but haven't gotten to it just yet.  I need about 40 hours in a day lol.  I also finally learned what draw ground does (or what turning it off does) so thank you.  Your skies are beautiful, I love skies that aren't *normal*.  And the planet of the apes is definitely creepy.  The gorilla in the armour is a very interesting juxtaposition of reality with unreality.  Very cool.

I usually try to do things in Bryce while running a long render in Studio. As long as they don't take up all the 16 GB of memory on the laptop it works fine. I also set them both in the Task Manager to Below Normal so I can keep surfing and view emails. I also run a memory cleaner if it starts to go above 90% to clear any unused memory and that helps.

I usually try to do things in Bryce while running a long render in Studio. As long as they don't take up all the 16 GB of memory on the laptop it works fine. I also set them both in the Task Manager to Below Normal so I can keep surfing and view emails. I also run a memory cleaner if it starts to go above 90% to clear any unused memory and that helps.

edited March 2017

I was trying out the pw Shader in Iray but, as I thought, they don't transfer :) This was the Jade one which sort of worked, the second image is the skin for the Troglodyte. I used Worldbase and the Skydome that comes with it and Environment set to Sun and Sky only.

pwSurface 2 Jade shader with Iray Uber conversion.

troglodyte-pw-jade-skin-001.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 900K
    troglodyte-001.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 997K

I don't know, those are rather interesting looking in Iray.  Not a total wash, maybe just not working as intended but still different and interesting

edited March 2017

Another landscape this one using Easy Environments Autmn, tweaked the Skydome that comes with it, added a couple of Hare and set the Environment to Sun and Sky only, with a few tweaks.

Autumn Sun

This one was fine but I wanted some foreground interest.

This was after some tweaking :)

autumn-sun-001.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 816K
    autumn-sun-002.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 1M
    edited March 2017

I turned the Environment Dome to bring the sun round to the front.

Click on image for full size

autumn-sun-003.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 1M

I really like the bright yellow one it makes it quite surreal.  I also like the last one. 

edited March 2017

This started off by trying to get a sort of dust devil, but it grew. I re-loaded the Autumn set from the previous renders and added the Plant Pixie  smiley

Autumn Spirit

autumn-spirit-002.jpg
    1496 x 997 - 1M
    edited March 2017

Started this the other day and got sidetracked, finished it yesterday and have only now gotten around to render it :)

Resupply

resupply-001.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 328K