Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    edited February 2017

I got myself the Moroccan Coutyard http://www.daz3d.com/moroccan-courtyard yesterday and that is an awesome thing... and the rith place to travel after all those icecold winter renders.

here is a quick render with just things and presets from the product and I only shifted the camera around a bit.

moroccan-court.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
    edited February 2017

Here is what I made for Llola's render a month challenge, topic reflections.

Took me a while to get this mirror working the way I wanted with the cracks visible and all

"Shattered"

When you look at yourself, what do you see?

Shattered.png
    2000 x 1414 - 4M
  • Very cool reflections render!  I like that.  That Moroccan Courtyard looks very good.  I almost bought that, but I ended up putting it on the wishlist and getting that vendor's Breezeway.  I think the vendor did an excellent job on both.  I love that the HDRI comes with them that is shown in the promos.  I like those mountains with the water.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited February 2017

Love the reflection render! Excellent work!

The Moroccan Courtyard looks great! Very well done!

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love the reflection render. And I wishlisted the moroccan courtyard now that I've seen it in action.  Nicely done!

edited February 2017

Thanks everybody, I really want to get some renders made with the Moroccan Courtyard, but the today DAZ got me good with that offer on Elijah.. I originally only wantet the base figure, heath Hair and the Tartan but with that offer it was just the same to go for the pro package. I believe that is the first Pro bundle I ever bought. So kismet and I decided to show them how we are giving all our money to DAZ with emo guy:

Take_my_money.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • Ah, I love that!!! So true, so true!!!  {{nods head}}

I wasn't going to get the pro bundle either, but, at that discount, it was kind of a no-brainer.  

I didn't get the pro bundle, I just got the base figure and the ancient temple courtyard. I'm trying very hard to keep a grip on my budget.  Love the emoticon render!

edited February 2017

I finally got around doing soemthing with Elijah and I got to say he is pretty neato, a bit on the slim side but that can be helped. but here is is playing only a secondary role while i finally got that render done where I have Jazmine plaing the saxophone, I guess they are heaving a gig in a club downtown.

the saxophone is coutesy of herminio on share cg https://www.sharecg.com/v/69384/browse/5/3D-Model/Alto-Saxophone

Iray, no postwork

Jazz.png
    1800 x 1200 - 4M

I wanted to use the moroccan courtyard and tried to get the mahala skin to work in Iray, that was a tough nut and I discovered that for some reason her palms and the soles of her feet ar not lighter. So I made some palm bleach...

Some colour adjustment in Gimp 2.8.

Really beautiful Linwelly!

edited March 2017

Now that Marshians Reflective Radiance for 3delight http://www.daz3d.com/reflective-radiance-for-3delight is out in the shop I can break radio silence here. I had the chance to do some testing for that light system and I like it very much!

there are several presets for environmental light included one of them simulating the Iray light. I had them running on the kloister to see what they look like:

Marshian_brownground_kloister.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Marshian_daygrass_kloister.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Marshian_falseray_kloister.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Marshian_fullmoon_kloister.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Marshian_harvestmoon_kloister.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Marshian_MM_kloister.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

That looks good.  I put it on my wishlist for now since I'm not in 3DL that much, but it definitely looks like something I'd love to try out sometime soon.

edited March 2017

Shame on me!!! Scrolled over the MM-New Releases, the text just reveals >Reflective Radiance for 3D...< and moved on. Because I thought, it is probably a Iray only light set. laugh

Your renders look great! Thanks for pointing this one out. Now I took a closer look at the product, I am interested. wink

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited March 2017

that was only the beginning, there is more to this

here were the tests for the indoor lights and a daylight set shining into that chapel

the settings for dark skin were made even better that this in the actual version

the opacity maps of those atmospheric clouds increased the render time, it is better to use the atmospheric camera effects with this. and I tried the renderman "glow" shader with this which works perfectly fine

Marshian_Jazz-3dl_indor.png
    800 x 533 - 773K
    Marshian_daylight_miracle.png
    618 x 800 - 907K
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

Thanks so much Linwelly! These look great. So far I've been focusing on the main promos that really pop. I'm glad you're featuring the variety of the different light sets.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Those looks really great Linwelly. 

Marshian said:

Thanks so much Linwelly! These look great. So far I've been focusing on the main promos that really pop. I'm glad you're featuring the variety of the different light sets.

You are very welcome, you do have a lot of really nice promos, I liked the one with the gowing curtains so much! I will post the last three as well, if you like I can link them in as well

Those looks really great Linwelly. 

Thanks a lot Ferretmania, the wor is really mainly done by the light sets as they are

and finally here are some fully finished works made with the reflective radiance http://www.daz3d.com/reflective-radiance-for-3delight

Dark_Path.png
    2500 x 1407 - 4M
    Light_Touch.png
    2500 x 1545 - 5M
    Toast_anybody.png
    2500 x 1407 - 4M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

These look really cool!  They just make a person want to go give 3DL a try again.  :)

These look really cool!  They just make a person want to go give 3DL a try again.  :)

Then that goal is achieved :)

Thanks a lot Knitting!

All the examples are very beautiful! The SciFi image is my favorit! Stunning work!

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Just wanted to unlurk and say how much I love what you've done lately. The reflections image from above caught right at my heart, and you really sell the reflective radiance product.

Thanks y lot to both of you, I admit I'm pretty proud about the scifi render.

I'm glad you unlurked, @dreamfarmer laugh, I was really happy to be testing that product and working with Marshian was very nice, so I am glad that it gives a good impression!

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Beautiful work, the reflection one you did for the chllange is stunning

Beautiful work, the reflection one you did for the chllange is stunning

Thank you so much! I actually got to thank Llola for that, her challenges are doing me good to try soemthing I wouldn't have thought about by myself.

Here is another experiment with the reflective radiance for 3delight. I converted the Moroccan Courtyard to 3DL materials with the Surface adjustments and used the environmental Light preset full moon. I alteres the UE2 colour to a blue tone for this one

Magic_night.png
    2000 x 1600 - 5M
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Very pretty, I like the pools of light you have created. I need to learn to use 3delight. I love iray and how easy it is for me to understand the lighting, but I don't always need photo realism - I can actually photograph real people in a real studio so it's sometimes redundant for me to wait hours....days to render something I can photograph in 1/125th of a second. I really like the illustrative look you can get with 3delight and I think it would be easier for me to do paint overs in PS. I just have to stop playing in iray long enough to learn it! lol 

Very pretty, I like the pools of light you have created. I need to learn to use 3delight. I love iray and how easy it is for me to understand the lighting, but I don't always need photo realism - I can actually photograph real people in a real studio so it's sometimes redundant for me to wait hours....days to render something I can photograph in 1/125th of a second. I really like the illustrative look you can get with 3delight and I think it would be easier for me to do paint overs in PS. I just have to stop playing in iray long enough to learn it! lol 

Thanks a lot, I have tried Iray and I like it very much for some options that 3delight doesn't offer ( and by now I think I understand most of the time what I'm doing with it) but at the core I'm very much a 3delight girl, it offers you to be the total master of your scene but it requires it from you as well. I rarely go for photorealism but rather want to follow all the fantastic stuff that occupies my head.