Carrara Challenge #31 Music For My Eyes

14567810»

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Diomede said:

UB, pulp cover gets two thumbs up - we even had a whole challenge devoted to Pulp Covers.  One of the more popular challenges, I think, in terms of activity in the WIP thread and number of participants.  Maybe your entry will inspire another go.

Thanks Diomede!  Yes, I heard about that pulp contest from MDO2010.  It which happened several years before I started Carrara, unfortunately.  But I am so thankful that you guys have posted all the old WIP threads.

Diomede said:

just popping in to suggest that Chickenman not close the entry thread until after Headwax's has been added, if HW doesn't get back from his surfing vacation before then.

I agree.  When I saw that render, I thought to myself, "Headwax wins again."

Diomede said:

I picked up French Twist: A Detective Luc Moncrief Mystery.  I'll let you know if some Nazis invade a cabaret.  wink

They better not.  They get hooked on the music, then bam! - fatal distraction.smiley

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited March 2017

This one just might be what I enter.  Made a few changes and added a few things of course.  Got a few more ideas to try to spiff it up a bit.  Should have modeled some electrict cords for the speakers also... more... different notes will have to wait.

Great Work Folks!... and more entries to come... I just can't wait. :)

Music_Crater_Terrain_19b.png
    1280 x 700 - 1M
    Music_craters_19b.png
    1366 x 768 - 216K
    Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Diomede said:

Speaking of pulps, not that they ever went away, but the author James Patterson has been infusing energy in a series called BOOKSHOTS.  Stories are around 150 pages.  Self described as "lightning-fast stories byJames Patterson - novels you can devour in a few hours - impossible to stop reading - all original content.  

I picked up French Twist: A Detective Luc Moncrief Mystery.  I'll let you know if some Nazis invade a cabaret.  wink

I've read a few of those, they're not bad, although a lot of them are lead-ins to full length novels. (I read the Detective Luc Moncrief Christmas story over christmas, strangely enough!)

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

John, is big yellow sign the main hero of your composition or the speaker behind the sign in the distance?

Vyusur said:

John, is big yellow sign the main hero of your composition or the speaker behind the sign in the distance?

Sure... why not... not really though... hadn't really thought about it.  I was trying to give the impression of the notes coming out from the speakers in haphazard directions and growing larger as they grew closer to an onlooker, the viewer.  That is a good idea though... perhaps I'll model another note from it... with flags streaming and a dot in center of opening. :)  If I get time.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is it tomorrow midnight for the deadline?

thanks, double checking smiley

edited March 2017

Tomorrow (Sunday), midnight EST is correct.

Unless it gets extended. smiley

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

ty smiley

tried to load nineve6 into my scene, been hanging at 100% overnight.  

why did i do that, bollocks.  terrain work, sun positioned 

challenges make me want to use figures i've never rendered before. should never do that last and save first

wip: Midnight Sun Serenade

surface replicated seal on the ocean plane
    and just to see, turned the ocean upside down  lol

2nd seal replication on a plane
    fire tool for fire puffs
    ticked on caustics

art palette to floating ice.JPG
    1055 x 604 - 105K
    fire for the phoenix.JPG
    1210 x 668 - 175K
    replicate settings.JPG
    1272 x 508 - 87K
    surface replicate group on ocean plane.png
    1588 x 834 - 806K
    wip final.JPG
    1520 x 706 - 224K
    edited March 2017

Here is a list of all entries.  Hope you find it useful to help in voting.  I've checked to be sure it can be read in NotePad on Windoze.

[Updated to include ALL 19 entries 3/12/2017]

zip
    zip
    Carrara_Challenge_31_Music_Voting.zip
    704B
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,751

ooops...

sorry I missed the deadline to enter... was away for my sons wedding... awesome time but didn't get back till last night.. missed it by that much

good luck to the challenge entries yes

edited March 2017

If anyone downloaded my list of entries last night or today be sure to check it has 19 entries... I got rushed and figured that the entry thread was closed.  Turned out there was a problem... Sooo I've replaced my entry list with an updated version, see my above post.  Should be all inclusive... chickenman posted earlier that "Entries are all closed and the voting begins.".

I apologize to HeadWax and all for jumping the gun this month.

About my list:  I use it as an aid when voting. As I go through the entries I cut and paste the ones I'm wanting to vote for to the top of the list.  This helps but often there end up to be many at the top to go through more slowly and get the Final Four. smiley

edited March 2017

Both Stezza and MDO2010 had worthy and finished-looking WIP's.  Any way we can still let them in?

I'm pretty ignorant about protocol here.  Just asking.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

Both Stezza and MDO2010 had worthy and finished-looking WIP's.  Any way we can still let them in?

I'm pretty ignorant about protocol here.  Just asking.

Once the Entry changes to Voting, AFAIK there have never been any additions.  I have seen the Entry thread time extended on occasion... but never after Voting starts.