Mooooooooving right along...

Dana

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

How now brown cow?
    :)

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...(BREATH)...HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

silly_cow.png
    500 x 500 - 235K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay! Okay! I'll change my Avatar just as soon as the site will let me. Please come back and play. I'm so missing this thread.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just have to add a few more elements & start digging up links. I hope to have my entry done by today.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

hi everyone... I'm still alive. Don't know when I've been so sick. My apologies to everyone from the January thread. I sort of dropped off there. I wil get some pm's out this weekend for the winners and hm's I have heard back from most of the PA's i think, I will get out links in the next few days for cho and music's stuff and skipper too I have the coffee table. Sorry again, I really didn't mean for it to take so long.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay! Okay! I'll change my Avatar just as soon as the site will let me. Please come back and play. I'm so missing this thread.

Sorry, I've been busy... and I should be doing something other that read forums right now, too.

Next weekend, though, I should have something... assuming I can find enough still-available freebies. I'm trying to avoid relying on ShareCG and Rendo, but that takes time.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    hi everyone... I'm still alive. Don't know when I've been so sick. My apologies to everyone from the January thread. I sort of dropped off there. I wil get some pm's out this weekend for the winners and hm's I have heard back from most of the PA's i think, I will get out links in the next few days for cho and music's stuff and skipper too I have the coffee table. Sorry again, I really didn't mean for it to take so long.

The only part we really care about is the phrase made up of the third, fourth and fifth words! People are more important than prizes! (I know, easy for me to say since I didn't earn any of them). And you know, it would be a bit odd if you did mean to be sick for so long! :)

Just be well!

Dana

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Jaderail said:

Sorry, I've been busy... and I should be doing something other that read forums right now, too.

Next weekend, though, I should have something... assuming I can find enough still-available freebies. I'm trying to avoid relying on ShareCG and Rendo, but that takes time.

What's wrong with ShareCG? They haven't gone pay subscription after all, so I think it's fine.

Dana

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:
    Jaderail said:

What's wrong with ShareCG? They haven't gone pay subscription after all, so I think it's fine.

Dana

Dana, I think what Rob meant was that we see many uses of Rendo and ShareCG freebies and that the smaller artists that have their stuff elsewhere are not being used. He would like us to diversify a bit more. It is fun, when we are shown those nuggets. Little gems that just make the day of hunting so much more fun.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

jeeperz, all of the PA's that you said I needed to contact have given out their prizes to me at least. I still need to go bug Music but that is not your fault that is mine. I too was ill. Caught a dang cold and for the life of me I don't know how. I mean I know the mechanism but I have not identified the source. Usually it is my son or his girlfriend but this time they are innocent. You just get better. You just don't mess with the flu.
    I am working on a render right now. It will be an NAE though. I want to do some post work on it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Happy to see you back, you take care of you before bothering with anything else.

Happy to see the thread alive again as well. Made my day I'll tell you.
    edited January 2013

Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:
    Jaderail said:

Dana

Dana, I think what Rob meant was that we see many uses of Rendo and ShareCG freebies and that the smaller artists that have their stuff elsewhere are not being used. He would like us to diversify a bit more. It is fun, when we are shown those nuggets. Little gems that just make the day of hunting so much more fun.

I agree Dollygirl. That has always been a bur under my saddle. The idea is to share with each other. Anyone can just slide on over th SGC and Rendo and grab a bunch of freebies and throw them into a pile, but to actually be creative and expand your searches is what we are about. I must have 200 sites faved from all the free stuff I have collected in 10 years, my problem is, I couldn't tell you where any specific item is located...lol. I do have access though. I always take into consideration just how much work went into collecting freebies in an entry when I judge one. It does make a difference, even if the render itself may not be as perfect as some others.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

It still won't take one so I would not mess with it right now or you will end up like me with ...NOTHING!

(maybe after that is fixed, they will fix the emotiocons so they will show!)

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Jaderail said:

It still won't take one so I would not mess with it right now or you will end up like me with ...NOTHING!

(maybe after that is fixed, they will fix the emotiocons so they will show!)

I can see an emoticon in your post! You can't see it?

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:
    Jaderail said:

Dana

I agree Dollygirl. That has always been a bur under my saddle. The idea is to share with each other. Anyone can just slide on over th SGC and Rendo and grab a bunch of freebies and throw them into a pile, but to actually be creative and expand your searches is what we are about. I must have 200 sites faved from all the free stuff I have collected in 10 years, my problem is, I couldn't tell you where any specific item is located...lol. I do have access though. I always take into consideration just how much work went into collecting freebies in an entry when I judge one. It does make a difference, even if the render itself may not be as perfect as some others.

I can understand where everybody's coming from on this, but I can't say that I fully agree...to a degree. So many times I've come up with a really great idea but need a couple, or maybe one, specific prop. Otherwise, the whole render falls apart. Unfortunately, most of the time that specific prop, which the whole render might be built around, can only be found on one of the two above mentioned sites. Now I can either give up on this really great idea and settle for something (in my eyes) substandard idea, or, grit my teeth and go ahead and download the item to get the shot, as photographers say. Please, don't take this a grousing, ranting or making a fuss. That's not my intention. I just wanted to explain why certain "stuffs" keep showing up in my renders that are from just a few places. Or as Bill Cosby once said, "I didn't put that bullet in the furnace and stop talking about my mother!"...and only those people of a certain age will get that reference. I'm afraid that this is my only defense.

edited December 1969

and with that being said....

Would this qualify as a "Dog and Pony Show"? Okay, it was just an excuse to play with the new YT5 Julie figure and Genisis, which I'm still working on.

1.) Kitty for Stephanie 4 Registration Required. Skin Texture Only.

2.) Valens Hair for A3 Registration Required.

3.) Valens Hair Texture Registration Required.

4.) MMRC ShirtSet for V4A42nd Row, 2nd Item.

5.) Cowboy Hat for M4 Registration Required.Textures Changed.

6.) Kirwyn BosTer2 3rd Item from Top.

7.) Free3D Plant Models Registration Required. Plant Mesh Only.

8.) Plants Texture Pack 01 Registration Required. Plant Textures for Mesh.

No Count: Genesis Figure (?). Paid For: YT5 Julie. RDNA Old Oak. Daz Milinium Horse (pony included) or did I get this free? I can't remember what's in the free version. It was one of them.... The Genesis Shirt was included in the basic Daz Studio 4.5 download.

As always, more or less, figure set-up in Studio 4.5, final render in Bryce 7. A few textures played around with to make them more Bryce friendly. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date. For anyone wondering, the background picture (courtisy of the National Park Service and copyright by them) was taken in Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I've been there many, many times, but have never been fortunate enough to catch a rainbow after a spring shower.

Pony_Girl.jpg
    554 x 700 - 365K
    edited December 1969

and with that being said....

Would this qualify as a "Dog and Pony Show"? Okay, it was just an excuse to play with the new YT5 Julie figure and Genisis, which I'm still working on.

For anyone wondering, the background picture (courtisy of the National Park Service and copyright by them) was taken in Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I've been there many, many times, but have never been fortunate enough to catch a rainbow after a spring shower.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=44261_4oB0w5COjhdNuLmV77u2&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very nice! With the rainbow behind them, it makes me wonder what they're all looking at so intently. :-)

Dana

edited December 1969

Oh, nice! Now I can't see the smileys, either! Grrrr.

Dana

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Hey there everyone. You might remember me as AscendantNeschamah. I am zawarkal everywhere else so I changed my username here as well. My computer crashed at Christmastime 2011. I just got it replaced this October. I had forgotten how much fun I have creating art. So, yeah, I'm back and I had to try my hand at this challenge.

Title: Nervous Nellie

Looks like the school talent competition could get a little out of hand. Ol' Nervous Nellie is ready and waiting with the water bucket.

|:|pony centaur:
    Sixus1's My Little Centaur (goth textures) #

|:|dog:
    Daz's Millennium Dog LE #
    TorturedPolygon's Millenium Dog LE Poses (MilDogLE Bow) #
    katastrophe's Mutt MATs (blackspotted3) #

|:|nervous nellie:
    Daz's V4 base morphs only (non-counting)
    Daz's Millenium Horse (paid item)
    DaveWA's V4 Horse Head Morph (scroll down bottom of page)
    Reciecup's Naeima Exotic Beauty skin texture mat #
    hemi426's V4 Mil Horse Centaur Morph (daz forum first item on page) #
    hemi426's V4 Centaur Top (forum archive 3rd item in second post) #
    alymac's textures for Hemi's V4 Centaur Top #
    poser outerzone's Iro Hair for Satyress (WARNING: site contains nudity must be 18 or older) (scroll down second item second column)

|:|props:
    Ziggie's Model Emporium Flaming Ring (scroll down: under free items fourth row first column)
    Geralday's Morphing Trophy
    doggod's Trade Show Stage #
    Podium for top 3 winners (scroll 7th item down)
    Podium for awards
    Curtains
    Tipol's Le seau (bucket) #
    Georgehaze's Ultimate Shader Pack # (Fast Metals Cast Iron shader used on flaming ring & Fast Metals Stainless Steel shader used on bucket)

#free site registration required
    created in ds4.5pro, no postwork

nervous_nellie.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 402K
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    Hey there everyone. You might remember me as AscendantNeschamah. I am zawarkal everywhere else so I changed my username here as well. My computer crashed at Christmastime 2011. I just got it replaced this October. I had forgotten how much fun I have creating art. So, yeah, I'm back and I had to try my hand at this challenge.

Looks like the school talent competition could get a little out of hand. Ol' Nervous Nellie is ready and waiting with the water bucket.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=44295_Mn5s5IPGFvZZ0oDHqfdi&thumb=1&board_id=1

Nice one! I'd be a little nervous, too! :lol:

Dana

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:
    DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:
    Jaderail said:

Dana

I can understand where everybody's coming from on this, but I can't say that I fully agree...to a degree. So many times I've come up with a really great idea but need a couple, or maybe one, specific prop. Otherwise, the whole render falls apart. Unfortunately, most of the time that specific prop, which the whole render might be built around, can only be found on one of the two above mentioned sites. Now I can either give up on this really great idea and settle for something (in my eyes) substandard idea, or, grit my teeth and go ahead and download the item to get the shot, as photographers say. Please, don't take this a grousing, ranting or making a fuss. That's not my intention. I just wanted to explain why certain "stuffs" keep showing up in my renders that are from just a few places. Or as Bill Cosby once said, "I didn't put that bullet in the furnace and stop talking about my mother!"...and only those people of a certain age will get that reference. I'm afraid that this is my only defense.

No need to be defensive - your position is completely valid.

For me, half of the fun is in the hunt for freebies, and ShareCG and Rendo make the hunt too easy. There's also the point that's been raised about the smaller sites not getting as much "love" as the big ones get...

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

No need to be defensive - your position is completely valid.

For me, half of the fun is in the hunt for freebies, and ShareCG and Rendo make the hunt too easy. There's also the point that's been raised about the smaller sites not getting as much "love" as the big ones get...

Ahhh...my defense is a weak one at best. Sometimes, for me, the "fun" quickly falls over into "frustration" when I can't find that one certain "thing" that the render hinges on. It just seems that all the stuff I "need" seems to be either on those two sites, or, if found somewhere else, not very well done. Okay, I'm a fussy a**l-retentive who's standards are too high. Art is never finished, just taken away... and please! let's not get into the discussion of "What Is Art?" (and since the smileys don't seem to be working, I'm rolling my eyes with a grin). I just wish that 3D Commune was still around. Man, how I miss that site...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oh I am with you there totally LG. 3DCommune had some great freebies, especially Bryce ones.

BTW, for some of the odd little bits that you need to flesh out a scene, this place has all Don Tatro's old freebies. OK so they are only in obj format, but there are so many useful little things, that you never knew you really needed till you saw them here.

http://digitalpalettestudio.com/creepy/tributesdontatro.html

edited January 2013

Zawarkal said:

|:|pony centaur:
    Sixus1's My Little Centaur (goth textures) #

|:|dog:
    Daz's Millennium Dog LE #
    TorturedPolygon's Millenium Dog LE Poses (MilDogLE Bow) #
    katastrophe's Mutt MATs (blackspotted3) #

|:|nervous nellie:
    Daz's V4 base morphs only (non-counting)
    Daz's Millenium Horse (paid item)
    DaveWA's V4 Horse Head Morph (scroll down bottom of page)
    Reciecup's Naeima Exotic Beauty skin texture mat #
    hemi426's V4 Mil Horse Centaur Morph (daz forum first item on page) #
    hemi426's V4 Centaur Top (forum archive 3rd item in second post) #
    alymac's textures for Hemi's V4 Centaur Top #
    poser outerzone's Iro Hair for Satyress (WARNING: site contains nudity must be 18 or older) (scroll down second item second column)

|:|props:
    Ziggie's Model Emporium Flaming Ring (scroll down: under free items fourth row first column)
    Geralday's Morphing Trophy
    doggod's Trade Show Stage #
    Podium for top 3 winners (scroll 7th item down)
    Podium for awards
    Curtains
    Tipol's Le seau (bucket) #
    Georgehaze's Ultimate Shader Pack # (Fast Metals Cast Iron shader used on flaming ring & Fast Metals Stainless Steel shader used on bucket)

#free site registration required
    created in ds4.5pro, no postwork

Links all check out. Entry accepted. Will get the entry gift to you as soon as I get that sorted out.

Great take on the theme BTW :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

Can this be (with the list of items used) an entry? I will edit it a bit and post if you think that it could get to the point of the contest.

What I am try to do is to make her look like poor while she's not. (as stated in the third explaination of the theme).

Tell me if I am totalle away from the theme?

dirt.jpg
    800 x 600 - 185K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh I am with you there totally LG. 3DCommune had some great freebies, especially Bryce ones.

BTW, for some of the odd little bits that you need to flesh out a scene, this place has all Don Tatro's old freebies. OK so they are only in obj format, but there are so many useful little things, that you never knew you really needed till you saw them here.

http://digitalpalettestudio.com/creepy/tributesdontatro.html

I wholeheartedly agree on both counts. 4DC had some great Bryce freebies that I wish I still had, but that was several computers ago. And you're right about Don Tatro's work. Wonderful stuff that's still every bit as useful today as it was when he was still alive. Thanks for the link as I had misplaced it a while back.

edited December 1969

gravity0 said:
    Can this be (with the list of items used) an entry? I will edit it a bit and post if you think that it could get to the point of the contest.

What I am try to do is to make her look like poor while she's not. (as stated in the third explaination of the theme).

I have to admit I am not seeing the Dog and Pony show connection. What do others think ?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

gravity0 said:

Which aspect of the theme were you going for?

edited December 1969

the third interpretation of the theme is that someone is going Over The Top with all the jazz and razzamatazz and hyping something up that is not nearly so important as it is being made out to be.