Come one, Come all JANUARY FREEBIE CHALLENGE

Comments

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Bigh's one of those people who hates reading anything when there are no pictures.

What kind of pictures would you like to see, bigh?

Seriously, though, you know how hard it is getting the Millennium Horse and Millennium Dog to stand still together long enough to render a picture?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Mavelle said:
    Hi Jade and Cho
    Nice theme chosen
    My addition to the prize list will be the first part of my home the livingroom and maybe if we get it done the kitchen,
    and again s it an excact copy of my own house even the wallpaper lolll.

Thanks Mavelle, will add it to the prize list.
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    bigh said:
    wow - just love all the posts - but no pictures yet - is any one going to do one
    What? And spoil all this witty banter with an Image? Surely you jest?

:lol:

edited January 2013

Dog and pony show - nae

dog_and_pony_show.jpg
    869 x 709 - 105K
    Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

If that's an entry we need to know what freebies you used, and have links to them. If it isn't an entry then it should be labelled as NAE. Thanks.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Just a friendly note, not related to the challenge...

...if anyone plans on buying the new Young Teens base figures, don't buy them individually! They are bundled together for the same exact price as the individual price. So, you'll save 50% by getting the bundled one. (this does not consider the Pro or Starter bundles, just the base figure bundle)

Dana

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I shall shout for my friend Jeeperz, she usually has cream pies standing by for people who make suggestions like that.

JEEPERZ, have you got a cream pie ready for bigh.

I DO!!!!!!
    now bigh.... behave yourself or the pie fight will commence shortly

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

...if anyone plans on buying the new Young Teens base figures, don't buy them individually! They are bundled together for the same exact price as the individual price. So, you'll save 50% by getting the bundled one. (this does not consider the Pro or Starter bundles, just the base figure bundle)

Dana

I thought about buying the new Young Teens figures...I really was...but then, I saw the thread about the teeth issue and that was the deal killer. I guess it'd be alright if they were going to be Young Teen Zombie figures, but I wanted something I could use beyond Halloween. Here's hoping that they get that issue fixed, if they haven't already and I just didn't see the announcement.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    If that's an entry we need to know what freebies you used, and have links to them. If it isn't an entry then it should be labelled as NAE. Thanks.

guess it will have to go :roll:

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    chohole said:

It doesn't have to go - just tag it NAE ("Not An Entry") and we'll all know you're rendering just for fun.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    bigh said:
    chohole said:

It doesn't have to go - just tag it NAE ("Not An Entry") and we'll all know you're rendering just for fun.

ok = got it now - thanks guys

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    robkelk said:
    bigh said:
    chohole said:

ok = got it now - thanks guysSo, I see the yakking was not enough for you, Looks at Table full of cream pies, Looks at bigh, looks at Jeeperz.... getz ebil grin, waitz on pies to start flying....

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    bigh said:
    robkelk said:
    bigh said:
    chohole said:

ok = got it now - thanks guysSo, I see the yakking was not enough for you, Looks at Table full of cream pies, Looks at bigh, looks at Jeeperz.... getz ebil grin, waitz on pies to start flying....

Pi is 3.1487983425 or some thing like that :P

• SnowDogSnowDog Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

GamerGrrl said:
    I was working on a novel, but now that I'm pretty much done I've been able to get back into DAZ again!

"Harry Potter and the Fifty Shades of Grey"? Yeah, I read that.

LOL

• drucdruc Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

I thought about buying the new Young Teens figures...I really was...but then, I saw the thread about the teeth issue and that was the deal killer. I guess it'd be alright if they were going to be Young Teen Zombie figures, but I wanted something I could use beyond Halloween. Here's hoping that they get that issue fixed, if they haven't already and I just didn't see the announcement.

Here's a "fix, of sorts", for the YT teeth. http://www.sharecg.com/v/66439/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Teeth-Morph-Adjustments--Genesis-Teens-DS4.5

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

I hadn't seen that thread. Hmmmm...zombies, huh? I guess they're popular lately. I tend to agree with you, though.

Well, no matter, money already spent, along with my monthly $6 coupon.

Dana

edited December 1969

druc said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Here's a "fix, of sorts", for the YT teeth. http://www.sharecg.com/v/66439/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Teeth-Morph-Adjustments--Genesis-Teens-DS4.5

Thanks, I'll check that out!

Dana

edited January 2013

Oh dear gone quiet in here. Found some images that show you can teach a new horse old tricks

Fetch boy

Sdog5.jpg
    350 x 271 - 21K
    Sdog3.jpg
    350 x 233 - 15K
    Sdog1.jpg
    350 x 277 - 21K
    Sdog4.jpg
    350 x 255 - 19K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2013

Hokay, I'll liven t'ings up 'round here! Refresh my memory on something, the Daz weekly freebies (or give-a-ways...or whatever you want to call them) are they good to use for the entire month or just for the week they're issued or what? I can't remember what the ruling was on this. I'd like to use the latest one, The Garbage Pile, but couldn't remember if I could or not. If so, great, if not, I'll just have to "make" something similar in Bryce...but it'd be a whole lotta work an' I'm kinda lazy...

PS: And I still can't post an avatar...

Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
    edited December 1969

Daz weekly freebies can be used during the whole month in which they were offered. So yes you will be fine using that pile of old rubbish.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try changing the format (from jpg to png) and reuploading it.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:

That's what Cho suggested. I've tried tiff, giff, jpg, png, m-o-u-s-e...and not a damned one of them work. I'm guessing it's yet another glitch in the woodwork. Hopefully it'll work itself out soon...and not DAZ soon either!

edited December 1969

BWSman said:

That's what Cho suggested. I've tried tiff, giff, jpg, png, m-o-u-s-e...and not a damned one of them work. I'm guessing it's yet another glitch in the woodwork. Hopefully it'll work itself out soon...and not DAZ soon either!

Could it be some kind of cache problem? They seem to have a lot of those here. Have you tried emptying the field and saving it that way, empty, no value? Then try to go back and put the new one in. (Yes, I'm reaching and guessing, but it couldn't hurt to try)

Dana

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

I may have to give the contest a try, I do have dog and pony figures...

For people concerned about the teens teeth, Thorne has posted a fix on page 7 of the thread:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13808/P90/

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I hadn't seen that thread. Hmmmm...zombies, huh? I guess they're popular lately. I tend to agree with you, though.

Well, no matter, money already spent, along with my monthly $6 coupon.

Dana

6$ coupon?...is that like the credit Daz used to give PC members each month? Why I haven't received one of those since Daz changed over to the new site! Am I missing something here?

:ohh:

edited January 2013

Coupon codes are shown in the PC newsletters, and also there is usually a sticky thread in Members only with the code. You have to apply the codes manually, and the coupons are only valid on Daz Originals, with some exclusions, like PC $1.99 items. But yes there has been a monthly coupon code each month since this new forum went live.

The change from Voucher to coupon is why it has been so difficult for DAZ 3D to sponsor contests since the new forums started, and is due to the limitations of the new site software.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    BWSman said:

Could it be some kind of cache problem? They seem to have a lot of those here. Have you tried emptying the field and saving it that way, empty, no value? Then try to go back and put the new one in. (Yes, I'm reaching and guessing, but it couldn't hurt to try)

Dana

Yup, done that a couple of times and I still get an error message. I say we collectively sue the manufacturers of this software and go back to the old software.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Anybody here from jeeperz lately? It did not sound good when she said she was dizzy and such.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

I'm here guys, just been really sick the last few days, still not up to par but am working on it, I apologize everyone for not getting prizes for Dec out, I sent some pm's to the PA's that donated to get the winners their prizes, I will send out pm's later to winners and HM's with info and links of things I have links for.

edited January 2013

chohole said:
    Coupon codes are shown in the PC newsletters, and also there is usually a sticky thread in Members only with the code. You have to apply the codes manually, and the coupons are only valid on Daz Originals, with some exclusions, like PC $1.99 items. But yes there has been a monthly coupon code each month since this new forum went live.

The change from Voucher to coupon is why it has been so difficult for DAZ 3D to sponsor contests since the new forums started, and is due to the limitations of the new site software.

But they used to give Gift Certificates, not vouchers, for prizes in here. The store can do GC's, I've seen people buying them.

Dana