Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ya, I am working harder on learning to model and texturing as those to me, are far more interesting than lighting lol.  Although since I know that lighting is hugely important, I am going to keep working at it anyway.

edited March 2017

Woot DarwinsMishaps LIE Make Up for G3M is out today!  You can find it here.  And thank you so much for using my goblin in the promos!  So fun to see that!

Here are some of my examples again for anyone who hasn't seen them. Super versatile and can layer them to get different effects

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Does anyone have Sickleyields dress rig?  I'm trying to use the transfer utility but after I get rid of the autofit screen I can't find anything resembling the icon that is shown in the pdf

Never mind I found it.  If anyone else wants to know its under Edit at the top left (right next to the file button to save your scenes) then go to Object at the bottom of the drop down and it will be in that list.  Mine is at the very top of the Object list

I'm waiting on a render on something I am testing so I am back on the laptop (the external drive now seems to be working find with the new cord. I got a longer one so it doesn't get pulled on everytime I move, especially if I am being lazy and laying in bed to work lol), So I decided to work on moving all of my genesis dresses over to Genesis 2F.  Does anyone know if it works to transfer v4 dresses? 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I have the dress rig but I haven't used it yet.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Congrats on the goblin promo image!  yes

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    Novica said:

Congrats on the goblin promo image!  yes

yes but I don't like the added postwork but good job on the raw render.

Thank you everyone I appreciate it!

And in case anyone is interested, the dress rig by @SickleYield is fantastic!  I am going through my entire genesis library and refitting everything so I have effectively doubled my G2F wardrobe with a couple of clicks.  I like saving them to fit G2F, then categorize them in my categories system so now all I have to do is click on the item in my G2F's clothing section and it fits her perfectly.  Super super useful.  Add new textures and shaders and you can expand the wardrobe exponentially.

• Nice work, Sonja. I keep wondering if the barmaid has gotten a look at that guy yet. I should think she might be a little freaked. Unless she's from a place or time where that is the norm!laugh

KevinH said:
    Diomede said:

Glad you are OK. 

Had to pop in and say that I have narrowed down the list of suspects for the crazy weather.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5815423/10-villains-who-used-bad-weather-as-a-weapon

My money is on #4, Galaxy from the James Coburn spoofs of James Bond, although I had forgotten about #1.

Liana said:

Oh... you were in those nasty tornados? Eck! Glad you are safe though. There are reasons you have whiplash from the weather changing so fast and 'mother nature' had nutting to do with it even though some would like us to believe so. :)

I actually remember seeing the first one, the Bionic Woman/Six Million Dolar Man crossover event.  Brings back memories of my childhood.  Watched both of those shows both when they were originally on and a few times in syndication.  I even vaguely remember the Flash one.

My favorite part of the Six Million Dollar Man was that Dusty Springfield sand the theme song in the first few episodes. When I first hear her singing, I was so excited that I jumped up and exclaimed, "Do you know who that is singing?" My mother pulled back and looked at me like I had lost my marbles. But she knew I was crazy about Dusty Springfield. Too bad the song never got released. I guess it was never a complete song.

Glad you are ok Ice Dragon Art. They forcasted bad weather for us, but fortunately all we got was a lot of rain and wind.

Absolute favorite song ever is Dusty Springfield singing Son of a Preacher Man!!!

One of my favorites, too, @knittingmommy. Although I have many favorites.yes

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

Woot DarwinsMishaps LIE Make Up for G3M is out today!  You can find it here.  And thank you so much for using my goblin in the promos!  So fun to see that!

Here are some of my examples again for anyone who hasn't seen them. Super versatile and can layer them to get different effects

Thank you!  I do appreciate you letting me use the Goblin as well.  

My pleasure!  i really enjoyed doing it and the goblin is one of my faves,

Does anyone have any good home remedies for a bad stiff neck?  I've applied heat, I've applied ice and I can't take a muscle relaxor til I get home from work (they make me super sleepy, what can I say, I'm a lightweight).  Although, I took two yesterday and I still have a stiff neck lol.  Ibuprofin isn't helping and neither is the acetemenophin. I spent most of the afternoon and evening in bed last night trying to relax enough for the spasms to go away. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I usually put muscle cream on mine if Ibuprofen doesn't help.  Over the counter stuff like Icy Hot or Biofreeze should work. 

There is a cream that I get on Amazon that is a little more expensive, but it works wonders called Penetrex.  I originally got it for my knees which I had a horrible time with aching and stiffness.  Regular use of this and that pain and stiffness has mostly gone away.  A small jar goes a long way and I like it much better than the Icy Hot or Biofreeze.  It doesn't have the burn that the other two have but it goes deep into the tissues and does amazingly well for all mostly natural ingredients.  It has a pleasant scent, too.  I've read that it is available at Walmart now but I haven't seen it at mine, yet, so I can't compare prices but the Amazon price isn't too bad.  It is about 3 times more expensive than the other stuff but I think it works much better and I find I don't have to use as much as the Icy Hot either.  You can get a 2-ounce jar for $18.97.  That jar usually lasts me a few months.  

One thing I found very useful was that this works wonders on leg cramps.  Sometimes I don't drink enough water and get leg cramps.  I can put some of this cream on a leg cramp and it works almost immediately to relieve the pain and I'm not limping all day trying to stretch out the cramped leg.  I thought that was amazing the first time I used it for that.  Relief in as little 15 minutes.

Thank you!  I will check out the cream on Amazon. I do have some icy hot or something like it at home so I will give that a try tonight as well.  I don't drink anything but water and coffee or tea, so hopefully, I'm not dehydrated.  I haven't had a stiff neck this bad since I was pregnant with my daughter.  Who is almost 24 lol.  I do have a lot of neck and back issues, I had a bad neck injury in teens, that was compounded by a couple car accidents later on in life.  But usually, if something is off, I just get a bad migraine.  This time, my head doesn't really hurt but my neck goes into spasms every time I turn my head.  I honestly think its time to buy another matress.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Does anyone have any good home remedies for a bad stiff neck?  I've applied heat, I've applied ice and I can't take a muscle relaxor til I get home from work (they make me super sleepy, what can I say, I'm a lightweight).  Although, I took two yesterday and I still have a stiff neck lol.  Ibuprofin isn't helping and neither is the acetemenophin. I spent most of the afternoon and evening in bed last night trying to relax enough for the spasms to go away. 

Light some candles, turn off the lights, fill a bath full of hot of sented water, grab a glass of wine (or a bottle) relax and soak. (I personally can't do the wine but if I could, I'ld take the bottle)

lol I don't do wine too often but I do like it.  Unfortunately if I took the bottle to the hot bath and mixed it with my muscle relaxer I might drown lol.  Of course, that would fix the spasms anyway lolol.

I will say a hot bath sounds really good.  I have one those giant old fashioned tubs, like a clawfoot tub without the feet.

lol I don't do wine too often but I do like it.  Unfortunately if I took the bottle to the hot bath and mixed it with my muscle relaxer I might drown lol.  Of course, that would fix the spasms anyway lolol.

Yea, I probably wouldn't mix it with the meds! lol 

edited March 2017

Can anyone please. please explain to me why my categories will not hold what is put in them?  Its getting to be a bit ridiculous.  I loaded my new content via DIM onto my laptop (4.8) and started to categorize the new stuff.  I got all the new stuff categorized and went to work on something else and boom, 80% of my categories are empty.  The categories themselves are all there but the links are gone.  WHY does this keep happening?  Most of the time its just a couple of items, so you know, I'm okay with that its not that hard to go and put a couple of items back where they are supposed to be.  But this time?  I'm missing everything that comes under the architecture and environment tabs and about 80% of everything else.  I've asked before why this keeps happening and no one seems to have a good answer.  I can't work if I don't have my categories, its simply to difficult to find ANYTHING the way things are set up. I don't have time to spend an hour looking for one or two things. I am now past frustrated.

Can anyone please. please explain to me why my categories will not hold what is put in them?  Its getting to be a bit ridiculous.  I loaded my new content via DIM onto my laptop (4.8) and started to categorize the new stuff.  I got all the new stuff categorized and went to work on something else and boom, 80% of my categories are empty.  The categories themselves are all there but the links are gone.  WHY does this keep happening?  Most of the time its just a couple of items, so you know, I'm okay with that its not that hard to go and put a couple of items back where they are supposed to be.  But this time?  I'm missing everything that comes under the architecture and environment tabs and about 80% of everything else.  I've asked before why this keeps happening and no one seems to have a good answer.  I can't work if I don't have my categories, its simply to difficult to find ANYTHING the way things are set up. I don't have time to spend an hour looking for one or two things. I am now past frustrated.

Beings I just did this to my own files after reading the thread about organizing files, I'm tiptoeing out of here and pretending I didn't read this. It might be contagious. cheeky

Lol I sincerely hope its not contagious.  I have over 5000 items categorized and that doens't even include the freebies or stuff from other places.  Which, I might add, are all where they are supposed to be!  Just the stuff loaded via DIM seem to have disappeared.  So, wonder what that means. I won't touch Connect and Smart Content with a ten foot pole.  Maybe I will just have to start loading stuff manually.

On a more positive note, I have to highly recommend @Sickleyeild Dress Rig to move clothing from one generation to another.  And don't let the name fool you, it does far more than dresses.  I have successfully done pants, shirts, shoes, rings, necklaces, sleeves.  So far Genesis to Genesis 2 Female but I'm going to see about doing V4 and about moving things up to Genesis 3

On a more positive note, I have to highly recommend @Sickleyeild Dress Rig to move clothing from one generation to another.  And don't let the name fool you, it does far more than dresses.  I have successfully done pants, shirts, shoes, rings, necklaces, sleeves.  So far Genesis to Genesis 2 Female but I'm going to see about doing V4 and about moving things up to Genesis 3

Let me know how moving things from V4 to G3 goes, I have lots of stuff I would like to move that way. Plus I have learned so much from sickleyelds videos that I love to suport her store when i can. 

I just moved a V4 dress to G2f.  Took two steps.  Autofitted it to Genesis first.  Saved it as a support asset / figure prop assets.  Then load the one I saved onto G2F and used the transfer utility to fit it to G2F and then saved it as a support asset/figure prop asset for G2F.  So, so far its doable from V4 to G2F.

edited March 2017

I just had to show how good g2f looks in genesis clothing after being converted with Sickleyields dress rig.  This clothing set is actually for the male side of genesis but it makes great armour for G2f.  No skimpware here lol.

G2F ADVENTURE LORD.png
    1261 x 2040 - 5M
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

That looks pretty cool :)

Thanks!  I am going to see if I can move it up to g3F hopefully tomorrow sometimes.  Nice way to expand the wardrobe choices lol

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I agree, there are things I like in the older versions and newer versions.

I have a huge amount of clothing, beautiful clothing that I want to convert.  My favorite generation is the Genesis 2 line although I like the Gen 3 girls well enough.  I far prefer the Genesis 2 males though, with the exception of the Darwin's Mishaps and Gypsey Angels men, as well as one or two others.

This discussion has been closed.