shoe foot morphs and Spandex for Genesis

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
edited January 2013 in Product Suggestions

I have been using 3DU Texture converter on my V3 second skins and putting them on Genesis for low poly versions using decimator which I bought to use in iClone,
there are Spandex morphs for V3 to recreate clothes and shoes on the figure to go with these skins, before I start messing around in Hexagon or consider buying the G3 genX addon which may or may not transfer them, is there a plan for Genesis spandex morphs and shoe foot morphs?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Actually, spandex is easily accomplished using Displacement Mapping... maybe I'll create a spandex shader... hmmm...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    edited December 1969

no good for iClone though I am afraid, does not do displacement.
    thx anyway.

edited January 2013

Wendy, unfortunately, since Genesis is actually a subdivided mesh, and not a high poly mesh the way V3 and V4 are, I'm pretty sure it's simply not possible until DAZ Studio supports Open SubDiv (hopefully they're working on that...). With Open SubDiv, you have edge creasing so you could get your sleeves pretty easily, but edge creasing is not something that is supported in the standard Catmull Clark subdivisions, which DAZ Studio has.

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

I loop selected vertices in Hexagon and created a morph of sorts, not terribly good though but that is more down to my crappy Hex skills.

edited December 1969

That could work, though it will still be difficult around the neck area... out of curiosity, what are you doing in iClone?

edited December 1969

I used iClone long before I found Daz sutdio, at least 4 months, is easy for animation and quick, I use Carrara more and actually used that before studio too! started with C5pro!
    I now ofcourse have C7 & C8 and got Poser7 back in 2009 too.
    studio has only gotten a run from me the last year after buying a desktop it did not crash on, same with Hex!
    it was pretty much unusable on my graphically challenged laptop
    I like Genesis and with decimator it works well in iClone too.
    except for no facial animation, cut scenes in the C8.5beta fixes that, I still do not like studio's slow render times.

edited December 1969

I have had studio these past 4 years but until last year it hardly got a look in except as a plugin for Carrara!
    I mostly used Poser otherwise.