Carrara Challenge #31 Music For My Eyes

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited February 2017

So I've got the room mostly set up (rough draft) and am applying the images to the planes behind the door.  However, the last one I did changed the textures on the one before it.  I went and changed that one back and the textures on the other one changed.  I had no issues with the two before this

Doc24.png
    2040 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Some very cool work all round today!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103

I went and changed that one back and the textures on the other one changed.  I had no issues with the two before this

That comes from one plane being a duplicate of the other. Next time you go to change one of those two shaders, when the shader room pops the question, say "Create New" and you'll be good to go. For ease of use, open the other shader and copy it to this one and then just change the image map.

I went and changed that one back and the textures on the other one changed.  I had no issues with the two before this

That comes from one plane being a duplicate of the other. Next time you go to change one of those two shaders, when the shader room pops the question, say "Create New" and you'll be good to go. For ease of use, open the other shader and copy it to this one and then just change the image map.

Huh I wonder how I ended up with  a duplicate.  I go to the top tabs and click on insert plane, and do that for each separate plane.  Eh, I probably hit a button somewhere lol.  Thanks I will give that a try when I get a change to work on this again, hopefully Friday as I work all day tomorrow

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

I find that when creating a new plane it automagically copies the textures from the previous plane... can be frustrating at times when you start editing the textures and all of them change.. Just create new in the shader room as Dart mentions and you are good to go smiley

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391

Some nice stuff in here!

Stezza said:

I find that when creating a new plane it automagically copies the textures from the previous plane... can be frustrating at times when you start editing the textures and all of them change.. Just create new in the shader room as Dart mentions and you are good to go smiley

Thank you I will most definitely remember that!

Stezza said:

Ahhh... I see how this can happen now. Let's say we bring in a mew plane and edit its shader (while it's still wearing the scene's default shader). This now becomes the default shader added to any new primitive brought into the scene. 

BTW, Ice Dragon Art, I'm really liking what you've got going on there!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Dart, thank you so much!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Hallway idea was genius...

Glad it worked out for you even though the door openings are not arched.  For some great info and examples for arched doorway/doors modeling they are on page 1, Modeling Objects in Carrara - Q&A - Come One and All, of my modeling thread... it's the first thing I had a question on... d3an, TangoAlpha and 3DAGE all have some great examples of how to model one in the Vertex modeler... it can also be done in the Spline modeler but there are no examples yet.

The only thing in my house a bit arched is my back. smiley

Vyusur said:

Dart, thank you so much!

No, my little friend... Thank YOU!!!

laugh

• JamyJamy Posts: 192
    Vyusur said:

Hi Vyusure,

Very nice atmosphere :). 
    I am very jealous of these spots of light and the beam very realistic. How do you do this?
    Is it only with Carrara ?

Dancing trio consists of Genesis 2 figures – all with custom morphing modeled in Blender. Dancing costume for G2 female, darbuka and stage props are modeled by me from scratch.

edited February 2017

Hi Jamy! Thank you very much for the comment. I simply put a spot where I want it to be and tweak the parameters until I like it. I have already had the similar effect in my 3d max scenes. But it was harder to get this kind of volumetric effect there. Most off all, I have purchased Carrara because of it's abilities in this area.

Blue_disco_bcgr03.jpg
    1000 x 667 - 238K
    Disco_stairs_blue.jpg
    950 x 570 - 186K
    Post edited by Vyusur on

Well you did a great job with it!

Phil, thank you very much! Glad that you like it.

Stezza said:

Ahhh... I see how this can happen now. Let's say we bring in a mew plane and edit its shader (while it's still wearing the scene's default shader). This now becomes the default shader added to any new primitive brought into the scene. 

BTW, Ice Dragon Art, I'm really liking what you've got going on there!

Thanks!

Not giving me the option to create new. 30 minutes trying to change a shader...

Vyusur said:

Hello,
    the only way i've find ist to use circles to have different rays. This is a trick that works.
    And if we put a luminous matter on these circles, we do not see them in the final rendering.

I don't know if there is a best solution for that :)

beam1.jpg
    603 x 385 - 22K
    Beam2.jpg
    560 x 631 - 106K
    Beam3.jpg
    372 x 397 - 38K
    Beam4.jpg
    669 x 252 - 73K

Jamy, beautiful rays! How did you model your lattice rings?

Not giving me the option to create new. 30 minutes trying to change a shader...

It's here.

New Shader.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 316K

Aha,  I was looking on the shading tab not the general tab.  Thank you very much!

Jamy said:
    Vyusur said:

Hello,
    the only way i've find ist to use circles to have different rays. This is a trick that works.
    And if we put a luminous matter on these circles, we do not see them in the final rendering.

This is very cool!

There is a similar drop down in the Shader Room to select between different shaders in your scene or to apply a new one.

Jamy said:
    Vyusur said:

Hello,

Very nice! We can also use images to help with that in the Gel tab. Works great, and can then also be incorporated in the Light Cone effect as volumetric fog ;) The trick then comes trying to get just te right combination between intensity and fall-off. So freaking fun!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Also if you go to the shaders list in the bottom section (Instances - Objects - Shaders - ), you can right click in there to mane a new shader (or select an existing shader and duplicate it, delete it etc.)

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited February 2017

Jamy,  Below is an example of a Light Cone I used a few Challenges ago.  I used it's fog, lumpiness as well as a yellowish color... along with messing with intensity etc settings.  You're loops trick looks very good.

Vysur,  It looks to me, just guessing, that Jamy's lattice rings are simple 2d circles which are extruded inwards a bit... done for one and scaled for the others.  Wonder how close I guessed??  BTW:  Excellent render... Art created by 3 Artists... 4 counting you. :)

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited February 2017

Wow, a lot of new stuff over the last few days.  Great work. 

Here is a WIP of my Egyptian band playing "Walk like a Bangle." 

The figures are genesis 2 female characters with the shaders updated for Carrara.  Monique, Clarissa, Nidale, Alani, and Wachiwi.

Egypt Music Formula 1b.jpg
    2000 x 1350 - 414K
    rr01 assemble room egypt wip.JPG
    1710 x 1002 - 313K
    Post edited by Diomede on

John, thank you for kind words. I'm afraid, my English is not enough to understand the phrase “Art created by 3 Artists... 4 counting you.” Could you please expand it into a paragraph?

Vyusur said:

Jamy, beautiful rays! How did you model your lattice rings?

It's only 3 or 4 rings placed next to each other ('m a lazy man)

Very nice! We can also use images to help with that in the Gel tab. Works great, and can then also be incorporated in the Light Cone effect as volumetric fog ;) The trick then comes trying to get just te right combination between intensity and fall-off. So freaking fun!

Yes Dart, I think using Gel can help to have an even finer solution ... to try :-)
    I often have to put lights on my scene and trying to find the best way.

BPVF.jpg
    1833 x 999 - 229K