Carrara Challenge #31 Music For My Eyes

Comments

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574

Here is a quick comment on modern pop music. 

Have to replace Loretta, with a more eye-candy girl. Might have to have a ....... got talent competition.

Take01.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 265K

Here is a quick comment on modern pop music. 

Have to replace Loretta, with a more eye-candy girl. Might have to have a ....... got talent competition.

edited February 2017

When I'm listening to the radio in my car, and the are playing Top 40's , this is something that often pop up in my brain. wink

Haven't I heard that tune somewhere before ?

But the girls always looks pretty.

Everything here is made by me, except the girl and hair and clothing ....

Take02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Varsel on

Here are the necessary setup picture.

The curtains are a vertex model, that I used SoftBody Physics on. Then with the help of some primitives to colide with, I managed to get this shape.

This shape was then exported out as an .obj, and then imported back into the picture.

setup.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 726K
    curtain.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 1M
    computer.jpg
    807 x 1000 - 351K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Very cool work!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Excellent work, Varsel.  I remember that Britney Spears canceled a concert appearance because she sprained her ankle, as if that had anything to do with a music concert.   Can't imagine Aretha Franklin canceling a concert over a sprained ankle.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

You most certainly have a gift, Varsel! Rock on!!!

Excellent work, Varsel.  I remember that Britney Spears canceled a concert appearance because she sprained her ankle, as if that had anything to do with a music concert.   Can't imagine Aretha Franklin canceling a concert over a sprained ankle.

Sprained ankle means she can't dance, no dancing means no distraction from the music - and suddenly a thousand people wonder why they liked her in the first place. No-one goes to see Aretha to watch her dance!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    PhilW said:

Sprained ankle means she can't dance, no dancing means no distraction from the music - and suddenly a thousand people wonder why they liked her in the first place. No-one goes to see Aretha to watch her dance!

Meeouw      Glad you said it before I was tempted.   

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Chohole said:
    PhilW said:

Hahaha!  Absolutely the first thing I thought when I read it.

I don't think I am going to be able to finish this one (I'm having a hard with my idea which I could execute (although not easily) in studio but I don't know that I am going to be able to do it in Carrara.  But I'm going to try and if it doesn't get finished that's okay.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    Chohole said:
    PhilW said:

Hahaha!  Absolutely the first thing I thought when I read it.

I don't think I am going to be able to finish this one (I'm having a hard with my idea which I could execute (although not easily) in studio but I don't know that I am going to be able to do it in Carrara.  But I'm going to try and if it doesn't get finished that's okay.

If you need help we can always provide input if you would like or need it.

That is partly what these challenges are for.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Sonja,  Please let us know what you wish to do... just ask and you will get plenty of help I'm sure.  I don't believe anyone keeps secrets here or in any Carrara thread. cheeky

BTW:  Did you post a WIP yet?  If so let me know so I can go back a see what you have so far.

• eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172

Haven't done much modelling so there's just the setup and result. Listening to music at home.

ListeningToMusicWIP.PNG
    1920 x 1079 - 840K
    ListeningToMusic.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited February 2017

Thanks everyone. I know you guys are always willing to help.  I 'm having issues even getting started.  I want to do a wall of arched doors that open onto different worlds- with a person in it where the music is flowing from them into the different doorways becasue music to me has always taken me out of my world and into a different place, and depending on what kind of music I am listening to it will take me to a different place or mood.  I can probably manage the wall and the arched doorways but I'm not sure what to do about the worlds inside the doorways ( I thought maybe putting a plane with different images on behind the doors? Can I use text for the notes?

And that's as far as I got.  I feel a bit overwhelmed and bit like a deer in the headlights lol.  I should probably break it down into pieces so I don't get so overwhelmed and just do one thing at a time.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Thank everyone. I know you guys are always willing to help.  I 'm having issues even getting started.  I want to do a wall of arched doors that open onto different worlds- with person in it where the music is flowing from into the different doorways becasue music to me has always taken me out of my world and into a different place, and depending on what kind of music I am listening to it will take me to a different place or mood.  I can probably manage the wall and the arched doorways but I'm not sure what to do about the worlds inside the doorways ( I thought maybe putting a plane with different images on behind the doors? Can I use text for the notes?

And that's as far as I got.  I feel a bit overwhelmed and bit like a deer in the headlights lol.  I should probably break it down into pieces so I don't get so overwhelmed and just do one thing at a time.

Idea:

For the different worlds, forget entirely (just for pretend!) about the room and the arches and just make one of the worlds that inspires you, and render it in an upright, portrait-style dimension so it's taller than it is wide

Repeat for each subsequent world

In the scene with the arches, create a plane and map one of the world renders to it and fit it behind an arch

Thank everyone. I know you guys are always willing to help.  I 'm having issues even getting started.  I want to do a wall of arched doors that open onto different worlds- with person in it where the music is flowing from into the different doorways becasue music to me has always taken me out of my world and into a different place, and depending on what kind of music I am listening to it will take me to a different place or mood.  I can probably manage the wall and the arched doorways but I'm not sure what to do about the worlds inside the doorways ( I thought maybe putting a plane with different images on behind the doors? Can I use text for the notes?

Idea:

For the different worlds, forget entirely (just for pretend!) about the room and the arches and just make one of the worlds that inspires you, and render it in an upright, portrait-style dimension so it's taller than it is wide

In the scene with the arches, create a plane and map one of the world renders to it and fit it behind an arch

Instead of lighting the planes with the worlds on them, in the tab on the right, at the very top, uncheck "Casts Shadows" and "Recieves Shadows"

in the shader, put the texture map (render of the world) in the Glow channel and adjust the brightness if needed ;)

Listening to music at home.

One of my favorite things to do!

Suggestions to try and compare to this version:

• Try lowering the bulb lights slightly so the ceiling holes don't interfere too much. 
    • Set the range of each bulb lower, like 7' - 18' according to taste, and set the range fall-off to 100%
    • maybe even give them a slightly more warm (redish orange) color - just slightly
    • Change the Reflection of the window to 4 or less

Just some ideas - some food (yum!) for thought?

Haven't done much modelling so there's just the setup and result.

No modeling required! ;)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

started my wipsmiley

Model a simple room for the birthday song
    never really noticed before how helpful the btw button is
    ? a thing on menu named merge coplanar

not sure if i should delete, backspace, or model, empty ?
    delete!

model, add thickness, 6 inches (left the floor without thickness)

didn't want the windows as thick as the walls.
    doh, turn off snap to grid

wip draft 1

1 cube into a room.JPG
    986 x 633 - 76K
    2 cube into a room-the between selection tool.JPG
    1271 x 576 - 102K
    3 cube into a room select 4 corners on the bottom, .JPG
    1051 x 498 - 54K
    4 cube into a room cut out windows.JPG
    1355 x 414 - 90K
    5 btw.JPG
    1381 x 438 - 105K
    01.JPG
    1327 x 587 - 135K
    02.JPG
    1225 x 429 - 124K
    wip1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Sonja,  I had much the same, ??similar??, thought as Dart.  For the doors you might consider Doubious Hallway if you have it... no arched dorways tho.  I've played with it an you could put in a different floor and hide, not use, what you don't want.  At first I was thinking having ground on the outside but it could be anything... Space render,  Bubling Fires of Hell, Surface of a planet etc. You might even want to add a porch like you likely have already from Darth Diomede's thread for one that opens onto a render as described by Dart.

Oh... you really must have a Mountain scene... don't show the ground.... just distant mountains... there are quite a few that come with Carrara.  Don't forget about your DAZ content also... I'm thinking of a circular area, can't remember the product, with pillars... the different scenes outside would be on rotated planes which overlap behind each pillar.  Even if it is too large you can scale it down to fit to your liking.

Fonts are ok!  I'll probably be using one or more.

Now get going. :)

Haven't done much modelling so there's just the setup and result. Listening to music at home.

It looks nice, but there is a horizontal line (shadow?) running across her hips, and some other shadows in the background which look too sharp. If you try some soft shadows on your lights, I think it would look that bit better - it might take longer to render though, the usual qulity vs time equation with 3D!

The line is from the sofa I think, as the lights are behind it. But I'll do some tinkering with some new things I learned about setting up lights and see how it turns out.

Thank you very much everyone!  I do have that hallway and it doesn't have to be arches.  Although I may still give that a go anyway.  And I may have some scenes already rendered that would fit at least some of my thoughts on whats in the doorways. 

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited February 2017

My first entry «Dancing Fleur»

The only music for my eyes is dance!

Dancing trio consists of Genesis 2 figures – all with custom morphing modeled in Blender. Dancing costume for G2 female, darbuka and stage props are modeled by me from scratch.

DancingFleur.jpg
    1300 x 1040 - 1M
    2017-02-22_2110.png
    1248 x 1001 - 678K
    2017-02-22_2149_001.png
    819 x 843 - 530K
    2017-02-22_2151.png
    1534 x 913 - 1014K
    2017-02-22_2153.png
    1421 x 915 - 711K
    2017-02-22_2154.png
    924 x 935 - 744K
    2017-02-22_0823.png
    1301 x 999 - 258K
    2017-02-22_0820.png
    836 x 1008 - 668K
    Darbuka_drummer06.jpg
    744 x 1000 - 136K
    2017-02-22_2211.png
    753 x 970 - 263K
    musician2.jpg
    686 x 1000 - 92K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited February 2017

This is what you get when you are listening to Radio Rock, when you are making pictures about music for a challenge devil

They only plays AC/DC, Motorhead, Metalica, Ramstein, Judas Priest and ...............

The figure is G2, with the Viking costume.

Rest is me.

Flames are the fire primitive. 

Doc2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 616K
    setup.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1001K
    guitar.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 255K
    text.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 277K
    Post edited by Varsel on

2nd Entry same scene with modified lighting.

ListeningToMusicV2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

Okay  I can't even start on this until I figure out how to point Carrara to find my content on my external drive.  Right now, its still pointing to C drive and I need it to point the I drive. Does anyone know how I would do that?

Oh, never mind I found it.  Wow, that was wayyyy too easy lol.  It never fails though I ask and then I find it two minutes later.  If I don't ask though, I will spend hours searching lol.

edited February 2017

Hallway idea was genius...

music wip.jpg
    1676 x 1036 - 352K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Wow, Vyusur! Cool freaking render!!! Yikes! Love the lights a Lot!

Varsel, that gigantic fire primitive makes for a very cool effect!