Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Awww, baby animals melt the brain by cuteness, especially fluffy ones! :lol:

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

That bear is so cute...!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

Quick post more distractingly cute pictures before my brain fries.... My air conditioner is broken and my 3rd day in 80~90 degree heat in the house and I'm going INSANE!!!!!!

edited December 1969

New day!! :D

*passes out blueberry cream-cheese rolls*

They are HEAVENLY and probably my best baking experiment to date... and probably will not last long before husband and I (or just me perhaps...hahahaha) devour them all!

Heavens know how I managed to survive the heat in the kitchen...blurg....

It's quite telling when its cooler OUTSIDE the house when the AC is on INSIDE the house. >_<;;;;</p>

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

So with the export to obj file does this give us a way to create say a feather and provide our friends with the object file so that they too can have the feather in their renders?

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    So with the export to obj file does this give us a way to create say a feather and provide our friends with the object file so that they too can have the feather in their renders?

No, it won't. I might add such feature later, maybe with support for instancing.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited June 2012

Everything is looking great and can hardly wait to try it out.. but those fluffy gator things just look wrong. LOL
    Cute but wrong.

Post edited by gingercakes47 on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

No, it won't. I might add such feature later, maybe with support for instancing.

That would be great if you are planning on providing this option. I so want pretty ostrich plumes. Your plugin will revolutionize the preception, functionality and effectiveness of DAZ Studio. It is so exciting to see such improvments.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Dollygirl said:

That would be great if you are planning on providing this option. I so want pretty ostrich plumes. Your plugin will revolutionize the preception, functionality and effectiveness of DAZ Studio. It is so exciting to see such improvments.

As with integrating a physics engine, also instancing will certainly be something that I plan to add later. Instancing, as you also mentioned, would allow to replace guides with virtually any kind of object, so that one could easily create feathers, a cornfield, leaves and a gazillion of objects. Definitely something very challenging and interesting.

edited December 1969

Happy Tuesday!!! At least its Tuesday where I am!

And I'm happy because there's a TYPHOON!! So my husband doesn't have to get up and go to work super early because his school and most govt buildings closed... and for the first time in a pretty long time, he was still sleeping in bed with us when my little son woke up.... and OH BOY was he excited to see that DADDY was still HOME!!! it was like christmas morning. So much excited shrieking and clapping and laughing! :) Wish I had my camera on.....

Didn't bake yet but I'm about to go make some yummy (hopefully!) whole-wheat caramel rolls. :D

Any updates on LAMH of any kind??? Withdrawal if I don't see something every day, ya know!!! ^_^

HAPPY TYPHOON TUESDAY hah.....

*goes off to start the baking*

edited December 1969

Wow nearly 12 hours since I last posted and no one else has written? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!

I'm so lonely.... I miss the old forum and old thread, with tons of fun and friends and excitement and chatting....

And of course stirring the bubbling anticipation together!!! :D

Oh the caramel rolls were... erm.... okay? slightly over toasted but okay... whole wheat may be healthier but didn't taste quite right with the caramel... serves me right to change the recipe when I'm a baking beginner!!! HEH!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Yeah, we need more furred beasties. :)

edited December 1969

This forum really needs some medicine. Hope DAZ will fix it soon...

Here is a quick update:

"As of today, beta team has been established. Next coming days I'll contact testers and provide the beta version of the plugin".
    I wish to thank all the people that sent an application for the beta program, and I'm sorry that I could accept only a small percentage of the 337 requests".

edited December 1969

I'm sorry that I could accept only a small percentage of the 337 requests".

337??? WOW!!!

Hey that's a big sign of how awesome your plugin's gonna be... right and there were a lot of people who didn' even sign up because they knew thy didn't have the time for testing....

Will beta tests be allowed to post any pictures here?

I didn't do any baking today... too many left over caramel roll..... oops ;)

edited June 2012

Hi Alia, testers won't be allowed to post any image or information until authorized.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Finally Found it! YAY!
    Still lurking,waiting,and drooling!
    So want this plugin! When you release it I will get the 4.5 version of it-cause I do plan on upgrading to the DS4 4.5 when its final. Like several other ppl waiting on it cause of the plugins I have and of course hoping the plugins I already have will be updated to work also. *wishing for alot here aren't I? lol*
    Soooo , I hope daz will have it final around the time your plugin is released.
    *fingers crossed*
    Just totally awesome!

edited December 1969

Any news? Updates? Trivia? Teasers? ANYTHING???

*hands out blueberry muffins...stuck to something tried and true this time* :)

edited December 1969

Not much to report, if not that I've completed the beta build for Windows (that was a tough work, Windows totally suxxx IMO).
    I expect to deliver the beta build during the weekend, and so hopefully testers will produce images, renders and some teasers...

edited December 1969

Not much to report, if not that I've completed the beta build for Windows (that was a tough work, Windows totally suxxx IMO).
    I expect to deliver the beta build during the weekend, and so hopefully testers will produce images, renders and some teasers...

Oh thanks for the update Alessandro!! Glad I checked back even though Daz forum didn' notify me of a reply!

Can't wait to see more stuff... cooped inside thanks to typhoon weather outside....

Im not a fan of Windows either but it's all i know!!

Can't wait to see more teasers! I've been telling my friends all about this, I can't wait till its OUT!!!

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

Fille123 said:
    Very nice! How about a fluffy croc for next experiment? :P

There you go with a couple of fluffy caimans...

First one with fur colors transferred from underlying body texture, second one with a punk fur, violet blending to orange/yellow!

I now have new desktop wallpaper :lol:

• Ashfire45Ashfire45 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Well, AM, I've been dreaming for having decent fur for Daz Studio for -quite- a while now! And I got myself really excited over this plug in; but then I stopped and realized...Usually, your products need a hefty amount of RAM free, which I don't have. It's why I couldn't use your gorgeous wolf figure that I've been so desperate to use...Will PCs with lower specs be able to use this plug in? Please give me some good news and say yes somehow! :p

edited December 1969

IIRC wasn't there an update to that wolf to fix the RAM hog and load issue?

edited December 1969

I've not heard anything about it, but if there is, I'll be one happy bunny!

• Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Ashfire, the wolf includes a CR2/.daz version that loads without the fur and this one isn't a resource hog. What you can do is to set up your scene, pose the figure, etc. and then load the fur just before rendering. Another option is to use a displacement-based fur shader preset (such as Marieah's Furrify set in the store here) with the wolf that loads without the fur geometry; Faewolf did a displacement map especially for the wolf model here: http://www.sharecg.com/v/53119/browse/11/Poser/AMs-Wolf-Furify-Displacement-Map

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

The whole point of RiCurves is that it ISN'T geometry based, so it DOESN'T take up nearly as much RAM as the geometry based solution AM had to use previously (like on the wolf, bear, etc).

Now, how much less, I have no idea. And I suspect you wouldn't be able to use the alternative, OBJ export (for use with Poser or LUXrender, or whatever) as that will be quite heavy in geometry as well.

edited December 1969

Well reset the wolf in your account and redownload and reinstall? I seem to recall that there was some issue that got fixed, but I can't find it from the archived forum (I stumbled upon it by accident prior to system change, and thought "Oh nice, I have to take a look at that wolf again"), 'cuz the search is not working right.

edited December 1969

Ashfire45 said:
    Well, AM, I've been dreaming for having decent fur for Daz Studio for -quite- a while now! And I got myself really excited over this plug in; but then I stopped and realized...Usually, your products need a hefty amount of RAM free, which I don't have. It's why I couldn't use your gorgeous wolf figure that I've been so desperate to use...Will PCs with lower specs be able to use this plug in? Please give me some good news and say yes somehow! :p

Sorry if I'm answering only now: I'm not getting any notification of new posts and didn't check this thread for some days.
    To answer your question, since LAMH can use RenderMan curves, and those are produced only during render, I suppose even on 32bit systems with only 2-3GB or RAM it should be possible to use the plugin and render.
    During beta-testing we'll certainly test how the plugin behaves on low end machines: will post the results.

edited December 1969

Syndaryl said:
    The whole point of RiCurves is that it ISN'T geometry based, so it DOESN'T take up nearly as much RAM as the geometry based solution AM had to use previously (like on the wolf, bear, etc).

Now, how much less, I have no idea. And I suspect you wouldn't be able to use the alternative, OBJ export (for use with Poser or LUXrender, or whatever) as that will be quite heavy in geometry as well.

Exactly. LAMH is capable of exporting to .OBJ files but that should be used especially on 64bit systems with plenty of RAM: imagine an animal model covered with dense fur, that might consist of more than 2 million polygons, easily breach the 300MB file size and require at least 3GB. No way a 32bit system can handle that. Almost the same situation of some of my furred critters I've done previously.
    However, since RenderMan curves are produced at render time, and 3Delight is highly optimized so that memory will be continuosly freed, compacted and made available again, even low end machine should be able to use LAMH and successfully produce and render fur. RenderMan fur.

edited December 1969

Very excellent news to hear! It'd be a shame for anyone to be deprived of this wonderful plug in! I'm surprised I only learned of it so recently, through renderosity's gallery! I can't wait! Another question, though - sorry, I'm thick with this stuff - since it uses RenderMan curves, I'm not too sure which those are, will the fur render through the Reality plug-in? Or will that have to be exported as an object all the same? At the end of the day, though, I'm very willing to make the best of learning 3Delight to use LAMH!

edited December 1969

Ashfire45 said:
    Very excellent news to hear! It'd be a shame for anyone to be deprived of this wonderful plug in! I'm surprised I only learned of it so recently, through renderosity's gallery! I can't wait! Another question, though - sorry, I'm thick with this stuff - since it uses RenderMan curves, I'm not too sure which those are, will the fur render through the Reality plug-in? Or will that have to be exported as an object all the same? At the end of the day, though, I'm very willing to make the best of learning 3Delight to use LAMH!

I'm glad to answer all the questions I can. After you have styled and created your hair (or fur) in LAMH, you have two options: you can export the hair as RenderMan curves (but your render will have to be done in Studio, i.e. 3Delight), or you export hair as .obj (LAMH will create also the texture). In this second case, you can render the hair in almost every application available: Lux (Reality), Octane, Maya, Vue etc.
    Tell me if it's not clear.

This discussion has been closed.