Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately the forum is still very much unusable, at least for me.
    However, all the possible information about Look at my Hair is available on the Blog, all the renders are on Pinterest, and visit my YT Channel to watch all the movies.

Take a look at my signature: all the links are there...

edited December 1969

Fille123 said:
    Wha!?! :bug:

Length maps based on objects' UVs would be quicker and would allow a more uniform/smoother job than the scale tool in some instances (open the template in photoshop, use a brush or the gradient tool and voila! :-) ). I tend to prefer that way when playing with hair in Carrara, especially since I'm more at ease with 2D than 3D painting.

Although one thing that would be even more useful and time-saving would be a Recomb Tool. :wow:

You know, those length maps, that I quickly "rejected", are instead an interesting idea. I'm going to get the whip and spank my arse, I deserve it. LOL

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

You've made a lot of progress in the past few weeks.

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

You know, those length maps, that I quickly "rejected", are instead an interesting idea. I'm going to get the whip and spank my arse, I deserve it. LOL

If you're into that sort of thing, you should save it as a reward :coolgrin:

Length maps are very useful for cross-application use - getting length maps from someone making hairstyles in Carrara to play with in Look At My Hair would be very useful. It's also a neat way to use painting tools to play with "end roughness" or complex layered cuts without having to get into a jillion hair groups. Shaving patterns into short hair (without shaving bald) for example. Popular around major sporting events with some super-fans :)

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

This is going to be the plug-in of the year. Nay, the plugin of the decade! Density maps, deformers, scaling and much more. Does this plugin make coffee too? :lol:

Are we there yet? :cheese:

edited December 1969

This is going to be the plug-in of the year. Nay, the plugin of the decade! Density maps, deformers, scaling and much more. Does this plugin make coffee too? :lol:

Are we there yet? :cheese:

Coffee? Of course, and cappuccino too! We are going to enter beta-testing in the next 2-3 weeks.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WOULD YOU PLEASE finish as soon a humanly possible. I need this like LAST year, or sooner.

Great work. I'm on the edge of my seat. I'm not sure I can wait for Beta testing and DAZ to run it throught the paces also.

Patience is a virtue I know but I'm running very low right now.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Will the hair be dynamic as in animations for the first version of the plugin?

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:

If by dynamic you mean that they behave following a physics model, answer is no.

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:

If by dynamic you mean that they behave following a physics model, answer is no.

• Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Lol yay for length maps! Whip not necessary, the additional work is a big enough punishment... Unless it's an additional motivation, like Syndaryl says. %-P

It just occurred to me while stumbling on a post about DS 4.5... Is LAMH compiled for DS 4.5 or DS 4.0.x?

edited December 1969

Fille123 said:
    Lol yay for length maps! Whip not necessary, the additional work is a big enough punishment... Unless it's an additional motivation, like Syndaryl says. %-P

It just occurred to me while stumbling on a post about DS 4.5... Is LAMH compiled for DS 4.5 or DS 4.0.x?

Will be compiled for 4.5

• KasheeraKasheera Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Does that mean we can't use it in 4.0?

edited December 1969

Kasheera said:
    Does that mean we can't use it in 4.0?

Hi Kasheera, why wouldn't you upgrade to 4.5?

• KasheeraKasheera Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm reading that it still has quite a few issues. At this point it won't work with reality/lux and since this is what I use to render, I can't use 4.5 yet.
    That's two of the reasons.

Your plugin sounds fantastic and I would love to use it. I suppose I have to wait though.

edited December 1969

Kasheera said:
    I'm reading that it still has quite a few issues. At this point it won't work with reality/lux and since this is what I use to render, I can't use 4.5 yet.
    That's two of the reasons.

Your plugin sounds fantastic and I would love to use it. I suppose I have to wait though.

Thanks for this information Kasheera. Well, I think by the time Look at my Hair will be ready, I truly hope DAZ will have all those issues fixed and 4.5 will run smooth and without hickups.
    About Reality, also INFINITO doesn't work on 4.5 yet. We are all waiting to be final so that also the SDK will, so to finally produce 4.5 release versions.
    However, if that shouldn't be the case, I will definitely consider having a 4.0 and a 4.5 version. I don't need to say I really really hope that won't be necessary, because having to organize and handle multiple versions would be so much time-consuming on my side.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I don't want to sound negative, but right now 4.5 isn't an upgrade, its a Release Candidate — probably but not definitely going to be the same as the final release version, depending on what bugs people find. Also, many people (including me) will not upgrade yet, since no plugins will work with 4.5 until they're been updated.

And we don't know how long it'll take until that final release: might be next week, might be in a month. Or two.

edited May 2012

I don't want to sound negative, but right now 4.5 isn't an upgrade, its a Release Candidate — probably but not definitely going to be the same as the final release version, depending on what bugs people find. Also, many people (including me) will not upgrade yet, since no plugins will work with 4.5 until they're been updated.

And we don't know how long it'll take until that final release: might be next week, might be in a month. Or two.

Well, should that be the situation when LAMH will be ready to be released, then I'll have a version for 4.0 too. Don't worry about it.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Oh, yay! I really like 4.5 already, even if it is "just RC". Push modifier really cinches the whole thing to me.

edited December 1969

Hello guys, as from the blog:

"Mammoth: furred!
    Finally also the Mammoth get some fur! I recorded the whole process and will also make a Youtube movie to show how easily did that in Look at my Hair.
    For now, just take a look at the renders and enjoy!"

Post with higher resolution renders here: http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/2012/06/mammoth-furred.html

mammut_render800.jpg
    800 x 520 - 264K
    edited December 1969

OMG! That is so ADORABLE!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Like it? :-)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Like it? :-)

YES! (Mammoths and prehistoric mammals are my favoritest things ever.)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Yeah that is quite lovely.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited June 2012

I was hesitant to upgrade but now I have I'm quite pleased. Autofit now transfers the morphs for outfits...

edited to add.

I meant to say 'Wow" I love that mammoth...

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

I swear the day I get a full version of LMHA, I will do a picture where someone has a glitter/diamond collar around that mammoth's neck plus leash and is out for a walk. The only thing I can't decide if it should be a mammoth or mimmoth. Because Rule of Funny says that a miniature version of a large animal is automatically funny and cute. Especially if poodle cuts and bows are involved.

• Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Very nice! How about a fluffy croc for next experiment? :P

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

the mammoth looks great!!

SO much more impressive than the de-furred model lol

edited December 1969

Faewolf said:
    the mammoth looks great!!

SO much more impressive than the de-furred model lol

True, only when there is some fur on, you actually recognize how "naked" are those de-furred models

edited June 2012

Fille123 said:
    Very nice! How about a fluffy croc for next experiment? :P

There you go with a couple of fluffy caimans...

First one with fur colors transferred from underlying body texture, second one with a punk fur, violet blending to orange/yellow!

caiman_furred2.jpg
    800 x 589 - 376K
    caiman_furred1.jpg
    800 x 589 - 281K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
This discussion has been closed.