1789101113»

Comments

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

How was your time off, SickleYield? :)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Have you ever heard the expression "I need a vacation after this vacation?" :lol:

We had a great time, but I am both tired and glad to be home. It's going to be nice to spend some time in my cool, cloudy home climate after all the Florida sun and humidity!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Glad you had fun hon. Sleep well tonight! XO

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Have you ever heard the expression "I need a vacation after this vacation?" :lol:

We had a great time, but I am both tired and glad to be home. It's going to be nice to spend some time in my cool, cloudy home climate after all the Florida sun and humidity!

I've heard of the expression just now! Heh. Good to hear, SickleYield. ;)

• DigitalMirrorsDigitalMirrors Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I really like the business suit bundle. Can I get confirmation on if this can be used commercially for renders I sell?
    Thanks

edited December 1969

LisaDM said:
    I really like the business suit bundle. Can I get confirmation on if this can be used commercially for renders I sell?
    Thanks

Of course. Anything you buy at DAZ can be used in commercial renders per the EULA (and anything of mine from Rendo, for that matter).

Usually it's only a few specific freebies whose creators don't want them used commercially. The norm for purchased items is that you can't re-release the meshes/textures, but you can always sell your renders or animations.

edited December 1969

Wonderful, and thank you for the fast reply. I asked DAZ and they were a lot less definitive in their answer. They said to look for the artists in forums and check with them individually.

edited December 1969

LisaDM said:
    Wonderful, and thank you for the fast reply. I asked DAZ and they were a lot less definitive in their answer. They said to look for the artists in forums and check with them individually.

Wow. That's odd. There's a copy of the license with every product sold.

edited December 1969

Since they told me they could only say what the license was on DAZ items I was trying to find out from them where to find those licenses. And the response was:

For others items, you can Google the company name for contact information, or post in our Forums for a response from them. We are no allowed to give out our artists contact info.

I had already purchased your business suit bundle and so wanted to confirm the license. Can you tell me where you find this license info for each product?

edited December 1969

Oooh, I see the problem. You only see it when you install the product. You have to agree to it to install. It's still with every product, though.

edited December 1969

Oh no, I did install it and I saw it then, but I didn't copy it. I would like to review it and am not sure where it installs the copy.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Just re-install and "select all-copy all-paste into Notepad" the EULA you need to agree with. The fastest way! :)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

Apparently some things Daz no longer includes a readme with license info. Dumbest move ever. The end.

Awesome business suit. Been on my wishlist :)

edited December 1969

oh well, I was hoping I was just overlooking where it but the license file. I will reinstall the ones I need to confirm then. Thanks

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    (EDITED FOR LENGTH)

Since you've seen fit to bring this up in an unrelated product's thread:

At this point redoing all of the pants and belt geometry is not logistically tenable in any case, and redoing the jacket morphs is not something I will probably do either when it's not apparently an issue for most customers.

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with these features of the product. We've done our best to make a good item, but sometimes one just cannot please everyone.

edited December 1969

I'm not unhappy with the product. I'm just new to 3D. I made my original account at DAZ in 2009, but then never got around to doing anything until a couple months ago.

My apologies if I didn't handle my question properly. Being very new I didn't know if there was some obvious way to adjust things like this so my question was to find out if that was the case.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it

edited December 1969

LisaDM said:
    I'm not unhappy with the product. I'm just new to 3D. I made my original account at DAZ in 2009, but then never got around to doing anything until a couple months ago.

My apologies if I didn't handle my question properly. Being very new I didn't know if there was some obvious way to adjust things like this so my question was to find out if that was the case.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it

That response was for DavidGB, not directed at you at all. Sorry, I probably should have quoted more of the text of his long earlier post. ;) You're fine. (And so is he, I just can't redo the product the way he wants it.)

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Has anyone tried saving as DSON and using the Poser CF to load it in Poser?

Do the shoes crumple? Are the movement morphs retained?

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

As a new Daz convert, I want to thank you for this. My doctors, police people, politicians, and all others thank you also. :-)

edited January 2013

The geometry was created before DSON existed and is not currently suitable for conversion (the jacket specifically).

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The geometry was created before DSON existed and is not currently suitable for conversion (the jacket specifically).

While I am not a Poser user, I find this curious. I thought the DSON importer was supposed to deal with any mesh and handle it like it is handled in Studio. What is it doing differently/not doing that makes the jacket mesh not work properly in Poser?
    edited December 1969

It can't actually be handled quite the same as in Studio, because the two weight mapping systems are incompatible. The DSON converter actually completely rerigs each item based on its face groups. This is a huge and impressive accomplishment in and of itself, that they were able to automate that, but it also requires that the face groups of the item are set up a certain way in DAZ.

Because DS does nothing at all with face groups (they are basically for rigging convenience), I didn't set up the jacket deliberately to have each custom bone assigned to one. Because that leaves vertices assigned to no face group, the DSON converter reads those faces as "invisible." This means that the jacket's custom boned areas are magically gone after conversion, leaving big holes in the mesh in Poser.

There's also the fact that there might not be enough custom fixits for Poser's lack of collision, but with this item I wouldn't worry about that given the huge number of customs it has. The other main thing is the shaders. They are many and fancy, and they will not convert to Poser mats properly at all (I'm having to use some ugly workarounds just to equal what LIE can do with my Rendo DSON products!).

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the answer. I love the suit and was considering purchasing the bundle this weekend. But ... if it doesn't convert well, then it doesn't.

The shaders isn't an issue for me since I'm comfortable in Poser's material room. But holes in the mesh is a whole nother story!