Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

No the laptop is 4.8.  I had no issue with moving stuff on the pc which is 4.9.  Just the laptop is giving me fits lol.

• In 4.8 the database did use absolute paths.

edited February 2017

I don't even know what that means?  Sorry, I honestly don't have any idea. 

The my library, poser and other folders are correct.  Everything new loaded through DIM is going to the correct place in the E drive and Studio finds it just fine.  Its JUST those two folders and is only affecting content already loaded.  I can manually change each item to the E drive but I can't find anywhere to point the current content in the products list to the right drive.   I've just been manually changing the drive for each item already installed.  Which works but is time consuming.  Once all the already loaded items have been pointed to the right drive everything should be fine.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • An absolute path is everything from the drive letter on, so any change breaks it. A relative path is just the folders within the content drectory, so moving the whole content directory doesn't affect it. That's why 4.9 is working and 4.8 isn't. If you find one of the missing products/files and right-click on it I think you will see a command like Update base paths which will open a dialogue - you then set the wrong path in the top button and the correct content directory in the bottom and check the update all box to fix everything from that content directory.

Thank you!  I think I have found the dialogue but I was just changing the base path individually.  And not showing the wrong path in the top.  I will give that a try thank you very much.  Also for explaining the difference.  I think I am going to hit 100 before I have learned all there is to know about this stuff lol.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Ugh.  Went ahead and moved my content library on my laptop to a new external drive since the move on the pc went so smoothly.  Of course, this one, not so much.  I did everything the same but its refusing to change the pat for the porducts and categories.  The Daz studio format, poser format and other import formats work perfectly.  Newly downloaded content in DIM goes to the right place.  But I cannot find a way to change the path in the program list to find the right drive, I ahve to do it item by item or they don't show up in my categories. Niccst was kind enough to try and help but nothing is working.  Can't just re install as its 4.8 not 4.9.  so I will be working on manually changing the path on all my product tonight and probably the next several nights, so no rendering for a bit.

Oh man, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble transfering to the new drive. I hope you get it worked out soon. Keep us posted. 

Thanks Diva!  Well, Richards suggestion worked up to a point, I can point products to the right drive, I am going down the products list , I do have to open each product separately, but, I can right click and drag to choose all of the items in that product at once and then point things to the E drive.  Still a bit time consuming but far better than doing each thumbnail one at a time, and, it is carrying over to the categories content as well.  Plus, like I stated above, everything new is going to the right place so once I am done with the products list, everything should be working fine.  I have converted 1,3,5,7, A through F and V through Z lol. About halfway done.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,502
    edited February 2017

Thanks Ice Dragon Art & Knitting Mommy

I appreciate the help. Have been reading tutorials on Deviant Art and watching YouTube but a medical issue came up with hubby. It will set me back another week before I can dig back into the hair issue. My apologies to anyone trying to help me and it appearing that I am ignoring them I will return to forum to hunt down ant suggestions and give them a shot in a week and let you guys know if I fixed out and if so how. The biggest problem is in the back. I absolutely love this hair. The model is Desire G3 and I've tried others but I currently have a few more in my cart that appear to have smaller heads. I wish Daz PA's would record their screens when styling these hair products and sell it as an optional ("Style Chace' or ' Style whatever') product add on. They might make extra sales and they apear to be dialing them in for promo shots anyway ... so why not make some more money for their time with a seemingly easy (for them) add-on?

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • ArtAngel said:

Thanks Ice Dragon Art & Knitting Mommy

I appreciate the help. Have been reading tutorials on Deviant Art and watching YouTube but a medical issue came up with hubby. It will set me back another week before I can dig back into the hair issue. My apologies to anyone trying to help me and it appearing that I am ignoring them I will return to forum to hunt down ant suggestions and give them a shot in a week and let you guys know if I fixed out and if so how. The biggest problem is in the back. I absolutely love this hair. The model is Desire G3 and I've tried others but I currently have a few more in my cart that appear to have smaller heads. I wish Daz PA's would record their screens when styling these hair products and sell it as an optional ("Style Chace' or ' Style whatever') product add on. They might make extra sales and they apear to be dialing them in for promo shots anyway ... so why not make some more money for their time with a seemingly easy (for them) add-on?

Unfortunately, I don't have P3D Desire for G3 so I can't help you out with her head.  However, Chace hair has good morphs for the back and nape.  You might have to just play with them a bit more and experiment with them.  And, yeah, RL has a funny way of interferring with art.  :)  No problems.

Real life always trumps Daz life lol.  No problem and I hope your husband is going to be okay.

Not sure if I have that hair or not will go take a look.  Doesn't sound familiar though

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Oh heavens, I hope the transferring is going okay. I HATE messing with files!  I really liked your flames photoshop plug in render- nicely done!

Thanks Novica!  All things considered its going okay.  I'm halfway through the m's tonght so should be done tomorrow sometime lol.  I've done v-z already so just have n-u to go.  And thank you, I am really happy with the way that one turned out.

• Oi, I know how that goes...I was lucky that all of my content migrated easily enough to the external when I got it-but then I made different runtimes on top of that for anything purchased after the migration on the external as well.  Now I've got stuff on the C drive as well.  It's all over the place, but at least Studio finds everything.

• Seam check!  Almost there.

I really just love her skin...

• Thank you very much!

edited March 2017

Finally figured out where the actual Tavern (walls,ceilings etc) was on the thumbnails for the Medieval Tavern . Wow, what a stunning set!  Its huge, you have a bar, a commons room and a kitchen filled with props.  Really nice and I will be using this one a lot.  Some more tests on the LIE Makeup from Darwins Mishaps,using the anagennesis presets.  So far so good, no issues with anything. I used the Ghost Lights from @KindredArts to light this as well, super easy and onlly used two planes, changed the color to candlelight and its now lit beautifully.  Took a couple minutes instead of an hour fiddling.  Total lifesaver!

While I like the first one I thought it needed a bit of depth of field to really make him stand out

Gaullain.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Ooo...love the one with the DOF.  Well done, Sonja

• Oh, love that last one with the DOF, Sonja!  Really nice! :)

Thank you!  I may make him one of my characters.  He makes a perfect dark mage.

• Thank you!  I may make him one of my characters.  He makes a perfect dark mage.

Cool!  What outfit is he wearing?  I don't remember seeing that outfit.  I love it though.

edited February 2017

Good question lol.  Let me go look.

Its the Arcane Summoner for G3M.  It a beautiful outfit, plenty of hood morphs (my guy has hair under that hood lol).  I don't think the hood comes down, although it might, and I will check next time I get a chance, but plenty of sizing morphs etc.

• Ah, I have that.  I got it in the Kenji bundle when it was ridiculously cheap.  I haven't played with anything in there yet.  Thanks!

No problem, I'm pretty sure I picked it up around then as well althought I didn't get the bundle.  Its the first time I've had a chance to use it and I must say, I'm pretty impresses with the textures and the fit.

• Those tavern renders are excellent, Sonja!  

Thanks!  I'm going to be using that tavern a lot, it has a lot of space and different areas to it, very versatile really.  I will just have to light it myself if I am using Iray because the premade light sets for it only work in 3Delight

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited February 2017

After seeing your renders I have been working with the Tavern too. I made all the lights Emissive.

(This what I call a wip in progress as I am still working on it adding things as I go along :) )

These are the first two test renders, it has progressed a bit since then :)

Click on image for full size.

Click on image for full size.

tavern-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    tavern-002.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Fishtales on

Gorgeous!  And its huge!  All three areas have a ton of props you can add pre done or add each one individually.  There is even a small area upstairs.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

The mezzanine is where the first image is taken from :)

This discussion has been closed.