Dragonsbane Barbarian Bundle G3M

Comments

• Here's another!

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495

I like that render, well done.

• Thanks, the brows are better looking than the thin arched one I keep seeing on male textures.

• I like that render, well done.

Thanks!

Here's something different.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited February 2017

Hair, clothes  and texture on a another build.

Dragonsbane1.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 183K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@scorpio  "Hair, clothes  and texture on a another build"

That's a great composition and render!

• HorusRa said:
    Kind of liking this so far. I was kind of suprised to see that it doesn't seem to include any poses.My eyes lit up at first thinking YES! We are going to get some Barbarian poses, but nada. =( I remember some of us wishing for G3M barbarian/fighting poses way back. My search returns are very limited. Anyone else?

This is one of the best warrior poses pack I've seen. They are for M4 but they definitely are worth the time to convert them to g3!

http://www.daz3d.com/igd_valborg

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Is the hairstyle included with bases character? 

I like the set, but the skin looks kind of... Mottled. I'm curious to see how other renders are made of this.

I'm not crazy about it either.  And up close I thought it looked a tad 'soft'.  His body looks a little over sculpted for my taste and the brows don't look good (to me) up close.  I like the hair and beard but I wouldn't use the huge armor or helmet enough to justify it.  I do like the plaid "dress" though.  I dunno, Maybe thinking about the hair if anything, but that's about it.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited February 2017

Just wondering, has anyone else noticed that compared to his body, his legs are oddly shiny? Using his base mat or any of the torso tattoo mats, there's also a very sharp division between his torso and leg map. I've been looking through his settings to try to figure it out, but I can't tell what's going on.

For what it's worth, I applied Anagenessis 2 to him, and the problem went away. That implies it's something to do with the underlying non-diffuse textures, since Anagenessis only uses the diffuse and normal maps from the original set.

barbarianlegsmap.png
    837 x 818 - 711K
    barbarianlegsmap-anagenessis2.png
    837 x 818 - 903K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Looks like it could be a gamma issue on the gloss map for the legs.  It may have loaded at a gamma of 1 instead of 0

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

Looks like it could be a gamma issue on the gloss map for the legs.  It may have loaded at a gamma of 1 instead of 0

Thanks! I looked at the glossy color map in Studio's Image Editor, and it was loading at 1.00, so that was the problem. Sliding it back to zero took care of the issue.

• That's usually the culprit.  If it's the Translucency map, then you get WHITE skin.  For some reason, Studio tends to change the gamma randomly.  I've had it happen with the bump maps as well.  Pretty much any grayscale type of map can have it randomly changed.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • TooncesToonces Posts: 919
    HorusRa said:
    seeker273 said:
    HorusRa said:

This is one of the best warrior poses pack I've seen. They are for M4 but they definitely are worth the time to convert them to g3!

They are nice. I've had them wishlisted for a short time now. I would have to purchase one of the convertors to do that as I don't own any of them right now.

This free converter works well: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/109961/pose-and-animation-conversion-for-multiple-generations-of-daz-figures

• I'm so glad to hear My M4 Valborg poses are liked. :) 

I actually had somewhat of a conversion to G3M in the works before this pack came out, meaning I have some of my Valborg poses as well as added new poses. I'm working on thumbnails and promos now as well as doing a double check to make sure they are up to par. I'll may also be updaing the M4 version. After working with G3M, I see much room for improvement for the M4 version. I've never used M4 in DS, so I don't know if he looks different in Poser than DS or not. Will have to investigate that further. 

I've actually also used a free converter to convert the G3M to G32 and they just need to be tweaked and shinied up. Question....how much interest do you think there would be in the G2M version? Is it worth the effort or should I just forgo? 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited February 2017
    avxp said:

He's sitting in my basket too. EVERY DAY. I can't keep doing this. lol.

I was just going to start a thread and ask HOW LONG is this bundle set on sale for, cause something has to give.

Going by story order I wouldn't REALLY need a viking till end of summer. BUT like all deals, I'd better get it now while it's on sale.

Damn. I'm actually wondering how long DAZ can keep this up.

There's NO WAY they can sustain this level of quality back to back to back.

Bring back the demon-women and zombies. I was at least able to resist that.

I feel your pain! DAZ is breaking me lately, and I'm a total bargain shopper. SOOO much great content, and not enough time to use it all. I am finding I'm making decisions based on which projects are coming up the soonest for the same reason. I have to ask what I need right now, because I want it all!

@Islandgirl - thrilled to hear you are updating the poses! Love your work! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    scorpio said:

Hair, clothes  and texture on a another build.

OMG, that's incredible. Payday can't get here soon enough!

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365
    edited February 2017

In Leather textures with Sunny in Fantasy Thief in the Chasm of Chaos set. Rendered on a MSI 1050i gaming 4gb. Click attachment for 4k version. :)

Kinda overdid the blur in the foreground and a few other little goofs but he looks amazing :)

Special shout out to http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/137161/reduce-texture-sizes-easily-with-this-script/p1 which I used liberally on the scene until I realized the barbarian was hogging a lot of memory with his default SubD of 3 and the default HD texture sizes on the armor pieces. :|  Regardless, I totally recommend this bundle and the extra armor styles as well, just remember to tweak your settings or he'll eat up your vram in a hurry.

7 hours 5k iterations.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 4M
    Post edited by Brugan on
  • seeker273 said:
    HorusRa said:
    Kind of liking this so far. I was kind of suprised to see that it doesn't seem to include any poses.My eyes lit up at first thinking YES! We are going to get some Barbarian poses, but nada. =( I remember some of us wishing for G3M barbarian/fighting poses way back. My search returns are very limited. Anyone else?

I bought IslandGirl's Valborg a couple of years ago at RDNA when I went on a shopping spree in Mortem Vetus's store. Those poses really are spectacular. I haven't tried them since switching to DS and the Genesis 1-3 figures. Glad to hear there might be a way to convert them to Genesis3.

• Llynara said:
    avxp said:

He's sitting in my basket too. EVERY DAY. I can't keep doing this. lol.

I was just going to start a thread and ask HOW LONG is this bundle set on sale for, cause something has to give.

Going by story order I wouldn't REALLY need a viking till end of summer. BUT like all deals, I'd better get it now while it's on sale.

Damn. I'm actually wondering how long DAZ can keep this up.

There's NO WAY they can sustain this level of quality back to back to back.

Bring back the demon-women and zombies. I was at least able to resist that.

I feel your pain! DAZ is breaking me lately, and I'm a total bargain shopper. SOOO much great content, and not enough time to use it all. I am finding I'm making decisions based on which projects are coming up the soonest for the same reason. I have to ask what I need right now, because I want it all!

@Islandgirl - thrilled to hear you are updating the poses! Love your work! 

Cool, Islandgirl! I'd snatch those up in a heartbeat. 

I'm getting the Dragonsbane Bundle this evening. But yeah, Llynara, the Daz store has always had some way too tempting offers for me. But lately, the store seems to be catering to my heart's desires. LOL My poor wallet! I'm a sucker for fantasy items right now since that's what I'm working on most. Pretty much anything bitwelder does I grab on release day. Constantly use his products. Dragonsbane I had to wait a few days to purchase. Wow though, what an amazing looking bundle. :)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,527
    edited February 2017

Dragonsbane Superstar...

Dragonsbane02pic02.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 362K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • tykey said:
    seeker273 said:
    HorusRa said:

I bought IslandGirl's Valborg a couple of years ago at RDNA when I went on a shopping spree in Mortem Vetus's store. Those poses really are spectacular. I haven't tried them since switching to DS and the Genesis 1-3 figures. Glad to hear there might be a way to convert them to Genesis3.

I am so happy to hear Valborg is enjoyed. It is truly one of the pose packs that I truly enjoyed making. 

Life has been interrupting, but I'm getting the G3M version done. Still trying to decide if a G2 version would be worth adding to it. 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Islandgirl

I would love a G3M Valborg pack!heart

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

I'd love it for G2 and G3. I have Valborg and know that I can convert and tweak it for G2, but would prefer a made-for-G2 version.  My current project is G2.  Just now starting to use G3 for a non-animated project. 

• @fastbike1 Thank you! Finally finished up thumbs today so will start work on promos for it and then hopefully into testing! :D 

@firewarden I have the conversions for G2 done, just need to make them pretty now. :D 

These poses have quite a few from the M4 Valborg pack as well as new ones.

@Islandgirl, sounds great. Will be a must-buy for me. :)

@Islandgirl, What became of the G2M versions? Will you sell as a separate set? Or if we buy the G3M version will it be updated with G2M poses?

• IslandgirlIslandgirl Posts: 378

@firewarden I haven't forgotten G2M :D I just really needed to get something into the store as this is my only source of income right now. I tried to get them both in together, but timewise it just wasn't working, but I promise he hasn't been forgotten. In fact, being snowed in today, he'll get more work done on him today! LOL :D 

edited March 2017

Thank you for the info! No worries!  

I own the M4 version that's in the Viking Battle Bundle, but also bought it separately because I couldn't get it to show up in my content library and I was in a hurry on a project. (I was probably overlooking something.) I went ahead and bought the G3M version also.

G2M will be the one getting the most work when it gets here, tho, as I'm planning on my current project being only G2M and the Vikings are about to enter the building. (Okay, it may yet be a few weeks until that part, with my current speed of compositing.)

Post edited by firewarden on
  • posecastposecast Posts: 386

@firewarden I haven't forgotten G2M :D I just really needed to get something into the store as this is my only source of income right now. I tried to get them both in together, but timewise it just wasn't working, but I promise he hasn't been forgotten. In fact, being snowed in today, he'll get more work done on him today! LOL :D 

As far as a single source of income, I for one would gladly throw money on a patreon of an enterprising person who recorded video of them producing products from start to finish. And with the tiers on Patreon, you could do things like have polls for what kind of products people want to see you make. So that would not only pay because you could sell the products when you were finished, but you would be making money simply by letting people watch you make them.