Come one, Come all JANUARY FREEBIE CHALLENGE

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited January 2013 in Freebies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Roll Up Roll Up Roll Up~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jade and Cho's Dog and Pony Show~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may ask What is a Dog and Pony Show,
There are several descriptions We have found

# An elaborately staged activity, performance, presentation, or event designed to sway or convince people

# An elaborate act of bulls**t, generally used to distract attention away from the sheer uselessness of the actual project or act.

# Pretending to be something you're not or doing something that you want people to think is important when it really isn't.

# Or of course it could just be a Dog and Pony Show (A derisive term for a small circus)

The choice is yours.

Make of it what you will

What we are Aiming for is general Fun and Friviolity.

Brought to you by Jaderail, Inventor of the "Stupid Thread" in the Commons, now in it's 6th iteration and Chohole, who is just Chohole.

Normal Rules apply mostly, there may be some changes, if requested.

Prizes.

All winners will get a Lemonade stand from Music (details to follow)

Canary 3D is offering a copy of her "pretty Ponies" for the winners. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pretty-ponies

Art Collab are offering Prizes for all winners from their store

Mavelle is adding Her living room to the prize list.

Jaderail is offering gift Certs for the three winners

$20 for first Place
$15 for 2nd Place
$10 for 3rd place

Chohole is offering a gift cert for each entrant (and wondering if she will be made bankrupt if there are too many entries)

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 2012

Now I have that song from Emerson, Lake & Palmer running thru my mind.
    Karn evil 9 - You tube song link.

As for the gift certs, since it's for persons entering, and not the number of entrys, it shouldn't be so bad.
    We normally get about 10 entrants. If the gift cert is for $5, your only out $50.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

sounds like a fun month me thinks

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

A Dog and Pony Show? That's what we call really lousy reenactments and living history events in this country. I've been to lots of those, much to my embarrassment. I don't think I'll go that route, though. This should be interesting...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

Nitehawk, you will notice that I very carefully didn't put a value on the GC's from me.

GCs can be purchased form $1 upwards the whatever. Let's just say I was planning on whatever, but not naming what the whatever was

We used to get very many more entrants in the past than we have had recently. and are trying to attract them back again. The more the merrier.

Lord Ganthor I hear you and cringe. I know just what you mean. I've taken part in some real duff ones as well as some really great ones, and many more in between.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Let the Show go on. I'm looking forward to this month.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Just a quick note - I saw this month's topic and thought my ponies would make a good prize...you do need to have DAZ Horse 2 for it to work (ToyPony is recommended, but if you just want to make colorful horses you can). If a winner doesn't have the horse, I'll sub something from my (tiny!) store. :)

edited December 1969

I have added the Ponies to the prize list in the first post, Thank you Again Canary3D.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Now I have that song from Emerson, Lake & Palmer running thru my mind.
    Karn evil 9 - You tube song link.

As for the gift certs, since it's for persons entering, and not the number of entrys, it shouldn't be so bad.
    We normally get about 10 entrants. If the gift cert is for $5, your only out $50.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

If the GC is for $500.00....you're screwed!...lol.

:-)

edited January 2013

Nice way to start off the new year! Here are a few renders of the "LEMUNADE STAND" I will be donating to the winners. It has over a dozen seperate props to move around and play with. Hopefully it will all be .pp2 props for poser if I can keep Poser from crashing over and over here. If not, it will be in .obj format with textures. Each piece, reguardless, will open up in place either way and can then be moved where you want it.

LemunadeStandDaz4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 270K
    LemunadeStandDaz3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 152K
    LemunadeStandDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 261K
    LemunadeStandDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 247K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Nice way to start off the new year! Here are a few renders of the "LEMUNADE STAND" I will be donating to the winners. It has over a dozen seperate props to move around and play with. Hopefully it will all be .pp2 props for poser if I can keep Poser from crashing over and over here. If not, it will be in .obj format with textures. Each piece, reguardless, will open up in place either way and can then be moved where you want it.

Cool! I love the way it's misspelled!

Dana

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

The entry pictures must contain frivolity????

Oh Mann, warum könnt ihr nicht einmal ein Thema wählen, das jeder versteht .. (use translator)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

The entry pictures must contain frivolity????

Oh Mann, warum könnt ihr nicht einmal ein Thema wählen, das jeder versteht .. (use translator)

I don't know whether the regulars can manage frivolity... :lol:

Compréhension est surfaite... (use translator)

edited December 1969

Hwyl a chwerthin yw'r hyn yr ydym yma i . Pam does neb yn meddwl nad yw hyn mor ( a translator may work for this one)

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited January 2013

HELPFULLY TRANSLATED FOR PEOPLE WITH HANGOVERS

RCT-SPANKY quotes an old Bavarian saying that has nothing to do with Thomas Mann, it turns out, but an interesting reference to "Thelma and Louise":
    "Oh Mann, warum könnt ihr nicht einmal ein Thema wählen, das jeder versteht."
    IN ENGLISH:
    "Man's funny bone was eaten by a woman, that's for sure."

ROBKELK offers a partial quote from the Official French DAZ User's Guide:
    "Compréhension est surfaite… "
    IN ENGLISH:
    "Understanding the Surfaces Tab ... [isn't nearly as hard as Parameters, so stop whining.]"

CHOHOLE is obviously getting a little peeved and curses the guys in Olde Welsh:
    "Hwyl a chwerthin yw’r hyn yr ydym yma i . Pam does neb yn meddwl nad yw hyn mor."

ENGLISH version cannot be posted according to DAZ Terms of Service, but according to Bing it has to do with the futility of sexually arousing codfish when you have no bucket. Warning sent to User Chohole.

Post edited by Dorseyland on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Gallery is created. Details to be added shortly.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Chohole defnyddiwr yn swnian am y rhybudd

edited December 1969

I HEARD THAT!

edited December 1969

just found this, thought it was quite apt.

frabz-POLICE-DOGS-IN-THE-U--S--A-SHITT-SORRY-POLICE-HORSES--LOL-d5c468.jpg
    480 x 427 - 135K
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

WINNER'S ANNOUNCED over in the December thread

edited January 2013

mvgidimidki kmierodeo9dovg omkddopdkdekvowppw!!!!!!!!!!

(This is Hypokkie tameous for "translate this!" )....hehehe.

:doh:

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Hwyl a chwerthin yw'r hyn yr ydym yma i . Pam does neb yn meddwl nad yw hyn mor ( a translator may work for this one)
    Pat,, I'd like to buy a vowel. :-)
  • SnowDogSnowDog Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Sounds fun! Sorry I disappeared! I was working on a novel, but now that I'm pretty much done I've been able to get back into DAZ again!

*rushes off to work on ideas for a scene*

• tubes_b2169a5d1atubes_b2169a5d1a Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Hi Jade and Cho
    Nice theme chosen
    My addition to the prize list will be the first part of my home the livingroom and maybe if we get it done the kitchen,
    and again s it an excact copy of my own house even the wallpaper lolll.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    chohole said:
    Pat,, I'd like to buy a vowel. :-)

There is an explanation

welsh-language.jpg
    500 x 375 - 46K
    edited December 1969

I'm not having any luck at all today, I can not add the Banner to my sigline now. I hope everyone else is having a great day and are off doing some great renders.

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 1969

Cool. This will be an interesting one. I think I might wait to see a couple entries to get some ideas... :-)

edited December 1969

GamerGrrl said:
    I was working on a novel, but now that I'm pretty much done I've been able to get back into DAZ again!

"Harry Potter and the Fifty Shades of Grey"? Yeah, I read that.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

wow - just love all the posts - but no pictures yet - is any one going to do one

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    wow - just love all the posts - but no pictures yet - is any one going to do one
    What? And spoil all this witty banter with an Image? Surely you jest?
    edited December 1969

I shall shout for my friend Jeeperz, she usually has cream pies standing by for people who make suggestions like that.

JEEPERZ, have you got a cream pie ready for bigh.