Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

How would you make bryce letters without resorting to some kind of images or tertiary program (Wings, Hexagon etc)?

Letters are just geometry, made from curves and lines.

Easy as ABC. :cheese:I know what letters are, but Bryce doesnt do splines very well or curves.
    You could probably write your name using the Booleaning technique but it takes a long time to do and it doesnt look good. Well, it can probably look good if you invest loads of time.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I know what letters are, but Bryce doesnt do splines very well or curves.
    You don't need splines and Bryce is great for curves.

You could probably write your name using the Booleaning technique but it takes a long time to do and it doesnt look good.

How good it looks depends on how well you do it. :-)

Well, it can probably look good if you invest loads of time.
    Yup, but you only make each letter once and then create an object library so you can just re-use them... no one said it was quick, but the ABC I made took about 15 minutes and wasn't difficult. :)

• edited January 2013

You could probably write your name using the Booleaning technique but it takes a long time to do and it doesnt look good.

Yup, but you only make each letter once and then create an object library so you can just re-use them... no one said it was quick, but the ABC I made took about 15 minutes and wasn't difficult. :)

"TheSavage64" very good !!!

Looks like this forum is in very good hands. You know your stuff and you are a good communicator. Then there are also David, Horo and Rashad, et. al.

I think i need a holiday.

It is not my 111 Birthday, but i think i will do a Bilbo Baggins on you all.

Perhaps if the Elves don't take me to Atmariul, i may be back to molest you all in a couple of months [with my Bryce-ONLY font sets all done] or i may emerge on Bryce5.com.

Best wishes to you all and happy Brycing my dear Brycelings.

We will meet again.

Peter.

My_Logo.jpg
    780 x 360 - 161K
    Post edited by pbudarick_4a3d2ac478 on
    edited December 1969

Yup, but you only make each letter once and then create an object library so you can just re-use them... no one said it was quick, but the ABC I made took about 15 minutes and wasn't difficult. :)OK, I tried one but it doesnt look good yet.
    I think I better start making and I and an O
    bloop_062.jpg
    954 x 705 - 33K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think i need a holiday.

It is not my 111 Birthday, but i think i will do a Bilbo Baggins on you all.

Perhaps if the Elves don't take me to Atmariul, i may be back to molest you all in a couple of months [with my Bryce-ONLY font sets all done] or i may emerge on Bryce5.com.

Best wishes to you all and happy Brycing my dear Brycelings.

We will meet again.

Peter.

Hey Peter , you can't disappear, not when we are just starting to get to know you. Signed Pam

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@eireann.sg:

I only use Bryce for my images until it comes to adding text. I wish it had a text option
    built in. If I want to add text I use Elefont.
    It's free, although you can donate something if you wish.
    It's tiny and doesn't need installing. Just download make a shortcut to your desktop
    and run it. It's available at the link below.

What is Elefont: (It's just cool ! )
    Elefont is a free tool to create 3D text objects from TTF fonts (ELEvated-FONTSs). They are generated into DXF-files which you can import for example into BRYCE rendering software. It is equiped with a funny non standard GUI. I developed it to create nice landscape pictures together with texts. You can also use it to create free scaleable texts from TTF fonts in a CAD system.

http://www.armanisoft.ch/webdesign/elefont/Elefont.html
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited January 2013

OK, I tried one but it doesnt look good yet.

I hope that's a joke eireann... bacause it's really funny thanks. :-)

Maybe start with some simple building blocks and develop from there.

ABCBlock.jpg
    640 x 480 - 136K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    @eireann.sg:

I only use Bryce for my images until it comes to adding text. I wish it had a text option
    It's tiny and doesn't need installing. Just download make a shortcut to your desktop

I can only agree. Elefont is the simplest and fastest way to write text in any of the fonts installed. Just write it, export as dxf, import it into Bryce and scale. No additional smoothing necessary. It looks perfect.
    edited December 1969

... or i may emerge on Bryce5.com.

You would be very welcome there.
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    @eireann.sg:

What is Elefont: (It's just cool ! )
    Elefont is a free tool to create 3D text objects from TTF fonts (ELEvated-FONTSs). They are generated into DXF-files which you can import for example into BRYCE rendering software. It is equiped with a funny non standard GUI. I developed it to create nice landscape pictures together with texts. You can also use it to create free scaleable texts from TTF fonts in a CAD system.

tried it. Interesting a 1998 program still works with W7...
    The only thing that bugs me though is that always an outside program is needed.
    bloop_063.jpg
    787 x 585 - 36K
    bloop_064.jpg
    797 x 591 - 42K
    edited January 2013

OK, I tried one but it doesnt look good yet.

I hope that's a joke eireann... bacause it's really funny thanks. :-)

Maybe start with some simple building blocks and develop from there.

Yes, It was just a crappy joke LMAO
    Nice cube :)

Post edited by eireann.sg on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Bryce renders! Given Peters clear interest in LOTR (although I think I enjoyed the first instalment of Hobbit even more), I think now I should have focused on the forging of elven leaf swords or rings... never the less, these to accompany these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9R4X8HcJuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlmUh9FDJo8

A range of different lighting approaches. It's easy to turn premium effects on in Bryce, but not always easy to use them efficiently. So that's what I've been pondering. The last image I've tried to create a spark effect with a terrain and anisotropic specular effect.

Hot_coals_and_metal_v4.jpg
    934 x 700 - 603K
    Hot_coals_and_metal_v3.jpg
    667 x 500 - 244K
    Hot_coals_and_metal_v2.jpg
    667 x 500 - 178K
    Hot_coals_and_metal_v1.jpg
    667 x 500 - 171K
    Hot_coals_and_metal_v0.jpg
    667 x 500 - 263K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

StuatB...oh, didn’t know about that ap., many thanks. It works great (image below done in 5 mins), and saves a bunch of time in doing the usual text stuff through the terrain mapping setup.

So simple, it hurts ;)

Jay

bryce-elefont.jpg
    500 x 574 - 220K
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Ohhh, I like that a lot. With another texture it could be a jade dragon. ;-)
    I am happy you like my paper material.
    Isnt Jade some cheapish plasticy looking kind of greenish material?
    Something like that:?
    OMG, that looks so real!! Very kewl indeed! :coolsmirk:
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes Peter, my name is Pam, and I am happy that many of the regular Brycers here know that, and use it regularly.

I often say that Pam is the Brycer, and Chohole is the moderator, to keep my two IDs separate.

I wish I could separate my two IDs. Unfortunately, I have R/L friends who call me Miss B (or rather Ms. B) as well. ~sigh~
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Hexagon also turns fonts in to 3d objects.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    ok this is a neat trick the refraction sphere on the camera.. I like need to incorporate this into my abstract renders.

Oh that's nice. I'd like something like that in an outer space render. ;-)
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Came across this one of my old images, one I did when I was doing some commission design work.

SO I thought, OK a quick New Year Quiz

Can anyone work out which song this design was based on. ?

Obviously a very Photoshopped Bryce image.

Old or not, Pam, that's a great render. It's not easy to render something and then have it fit nicely into a circular frame/plate. I think you did a great job of it. ;-)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks Miss B. Trouble was although the client liked it, it wasn't quite what she was wanting at the time. Shame. I did sell her some designs, but much more stylised stuff. She wanted designs to print on plates, mugs, candles and scarves for her gift shop.

• cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

Here is another model suitable for future underwater scene.

Made entirely of MetaBalls.

It is a bit too symmetrical and gaudy in this render, but that was done to test the form.

Gaudy?? I would pay for a framed print of this!

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thanks Miss B. Trouble was although the client liked it, it wasn't quite what she was wanting at the time. Shame. I did sell her some designs, but much more stylised stuff. She wanted designs to print on plates, mugs, candles and scarves for her gift shop.

That's too bad, I think it's nice. I like plates with scenic designs on them. I don't know that I would eat off one, but I would certainly buy one for decorative purposes.
    edited December 1969

Bryce Decorative Plates!!

we can sell them next to Velvet Evis's and vintage Nascar tv trays.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Came across this one of my old images, one I did when I was doing some commission design work.

SO I thought, OK a quick New Year Quiz

Can anyone work out which song this design was based on. ?

Obviously a very Photoshopped Bryce image.

and beautiful too.

edited December 1969

How would you make bryce letters without resorting to some kind of images or tertiary program (Wings, Hexagon etc)?

Letters are just geometry, made from curves and lines.

Easy as ABC. :cheese:

Wow Dave, ABC

edited December 1969

I spent a lovely afternoon viewing some 20 pages (part2 and now part3) of awesome work. I really need to try and connect to the forum more often,

The variety of renders landscapes, cityscapes, abstracts, and awesome modeling shows that Bryce is a very diverse 3D program. Each and every render is inspiring in one way or another.

After viewing Peter’s (Kine_Magik), Waleed’s and Dave’s (organic and modeling) brilliant works, and David’s experiments with his different tutorials, I think the way to go is to experiment with Bryce options/setting after learning the basics.

Like the later half of 2012, I will be spending more time learning Bryce in 2013.

Happy Brycing

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Rubiks Cube for beginners.

Rubik.jpg
    640 x 480 - 181K
    edited December 1969

Neat idea!

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Good idea Stuart,

Practical challenges from me, relating to these videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdfs0BsG2Rc and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0CL5ZXkBs0

Red_thing_in_a_box_v4.jpg
    700 x 700 - 178K
    Red_thing_in_a_box_v3.jpg
    700 x 700 - 135K
    Red_thing_in_a_box_v2.jpg
    700 x 700 - 141K
    Red_thing_in_a_box_v1.jpg
    700 x 700 - 169K
    Red_thing_in_a_box_v0.jpg
    700 x 700 - 138K
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Rareth said:
    ok this is a neat trick the refraction sphere on the camera.. I like need to incorporate this into my abstract renders.

Oh that's nice. I'd like something like that in an outer space render. ;-)

well.. not exactly outerspace, but you never know..

Solar_Flare2.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 769K
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Hi all!
    I may not comment a lot but I really enjoy all the images that are posted here. Learned some good stuff too!

Way back with Bryce 5 I did a bunch of structures created entirely from Bryce primitives which I put together in this scene (300+primitives). Added a Genesis female with the Serendipity outfit and Hampton hair (all from DAZ3D). Column textures from AtrBeats.

Illuminated by the sun, Use Sky IBL and True Ambiance.

About 2 1/2 hours to render at 144 RPP.

Thanks for looking!

rooftop.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 351K
This discussion has been closed.