Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

unknownmystery445unknownmystery445 Posts: 414
edited January 2017 in Product Suggestions

I've talked to Josh Crockett and I suggested to him to make a forum wherein people can put suggestions for his future products and he told me to start a thread. :) I've suggested to him a Pan's Labyrinth style of mythical creatures and I also thought of another cool thing to see here in the Daz store, Silent Hill type of monsters! :)

Post edited by unknownmystery445 on

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Monsters minions: Animals and creatures to use as sidekiscks. Some have poses that 'perch' them.

Monster animations:

Volume 1: Crazy, creepy walks, stalks and pounces.

Volume 2: Grabs, bites and feral feedings

Volume 3: Coming out Party, where the creatures unwrap themselves or unfold. (Think Braham Strokers rat-bat-dracula coming out the darkened corne) Or Prometheus corrupted astronaught unfolding.

• I'm an alien guy the more aliens the better.

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

Drider like such:

drider.jpg
    1920 x 1161 - 467K

there are also some of Josh's own that I would see come to the market, such as his Frank monster or the alien above it:  http://www.monsterfaces.net/

some others: alien/demon worm, hell hound, cyber-alien lizard

Gee, I am demanding laugh

worm.jpg
    2200 x 1237 - 1M
    hell.jpg
    940 x 1175 - 382K
    liz.jpg
    940 x 528 - 116K
  • I'm an alien guy the more aliens the better.

More aliens in the works

• avxp said:

Monsters minions: Animals and creatures to use as sidekiscks. Some have poses that 'perch' them.

Monster animations:

Volume 1: Crazy, creepy walks, stalks and pounces.

Volume 2: Grabs, bites and feral feedings

Volume 3: Coming out Party, where the creatures unwrap themselves or unfold. (Think Braham Strokers rat-bat-dracula coming out the darkened corne) Or Prometheus corrupted astronaught unfolding.

Maybe down the road, would have to learn animation...

• TraceSL said:

Drider like such:

Cool idea, now I need to learn rigging lol

• TraceSL said:

some others: alien/demon worm, hell hound, cyber-alien lizard

Gee, I am demanding laugh

Love the "worm" thing... again, need to learn rigging. Gonna have to stick to G3M or G3F for now

• I've talked to Josh Crockett and I suggested to him to make a forum wherein people can put suggestions for his future products and he told me to start a thread. :) I've suggested to him a Pan's Labyrinth style of mythical creatures and I also thought of another cool thing to see here in the Daz store, Silent Hill type of monsters! :)

Like both of these ideas. Thanks for starting the thread.

Would like to see vampire along the lines of the ones in Blade and a Mars Attacks alien laugh

• TraceSL said:

Would like to see vampire along the lines of the ones in Blade and a Mars Attacks alien laugh

Cool ideas :)

• TraceSL said:

By the way Josh do you have an online store? I mean so that you can sell your products fast? :) because I know that Daz don't release products right away right? :)

• TraceSL said:

By the way Josh do you have an online store? I mean so that you can sell your products fast? :) because I know that Daz don't release products right away right? :)

Not as of right now. Possible in the future although I really like producing for Daz.

• TraceSL said:

Not as of right now. Possible in the future although I really like producing for Daz.

Alright! Just please continue producing contents for Daz studio! I really like your products and style! Very one of a kind! :)

• TraceSL said:

Alright! Just please continue producing contents for Daz studio! I really like your products and style! Very one of a kind! :)

Very glad to hear that :)

• http://daz3d.com/hag-hd-for-genesis-3-female

This ugly gal was just released to all of you who are interested

Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 613K

yep and picked up...this is your product page to me laugh...yep, empty laugh

josh.JPG
    1428 x 462 - 34K
  • http://daz3d.com/hag-hd-for-genesis-3-female

This ugly gal was just released to all of you who are interested

TraceSL said:

yep and picked up...this is your product page to me laugh...yep, empty laugh

haha nice! thanks for the support!

• unknownmystery445unknownmystery445 Posts: 414
    edited February 2017

She's great! I hope you also make the alien with red clothes and hat that I saw on your page :) and I also hope you also make clothes for your characters Josh! Like helmets, headdresses, crowns, space suits, weapons, staff, etc :)

• unknownmystery445unknownmystery445 Posts: 414
    edited February 2017

By the way Josh I have new suggestions :) I hope you make creatures in the spider wick chronicles books because it has both "light and dark creatures or good and bad creatures" so it'll be interesting. Also I think the genre of creatures in this book is different and I think hasn't been done by a lot of sellers before :) just search spiderick chronicles on Google and you'll see the different creatures in the different books :).

image.jpeg
    236 x 352 - 43K
    image.jpeg
    599 x 900 - 131K
    image.jpeg
    313 x 470 - 32K
  • She's great! I hope you also make the alien with red clothes and hat that I saw on your page :) and I also hope you also make clothes for your characters Josh! Like helmets, headdresses, crowns, space suits, weapons, staff, etc :)

Clothing, and props in the future sometime down the road when I have time to learn them. Thanks for the suggestion on Spiderwick, I'll definitely look into those :)

• Cyclops, both the typical brutish giant-types and maybe a more human-proportioned 'alien'-like figure.

Tentacles, tentacles and more tentacles. Sea-anemone-style, octopus-style, whatever.

Insectoids

• Cyclops, both the typical brutish giant-types and maybe a more human-proportioned 'alien'-like figure.

Tentacles, tentacles and more tentacles. Sea-anemone-style, octopus-style, whatever.

Insectoids

I lilke the idea of a giant. A cyclops might be hard to pull of with the G3 base. Also have had an idea running through my head for an insectoid that I'd like to do at some point. Thanks for the suggestions. 

idea, skull heads, humnaniods with skulls for heads like ravens, goats, bulls and such.  Sort of a standard demonic troop. 

• TraceSL said:

idea, skull heads, humnaniods with skulls for heads like ravens, goats, bulls and such.  Sort of a standard demonic troop. 

That's a great idea

• I'm heavily invested in Genesis 1 because of the variety of Brutes and Monstrosities that are available.  With Genesis 1 in mind, I'd like to see  versions of The Thing ( both Benjamin J. Grimm & the John Carpenter's movie version (or some reasonable facsimilies thereof).  Also, how about a cool "Cosmic Conqueror" character who's a hybrid of Galactus and a monstrous alien?  Also, there should be Space Conqueror armor and weapon(s) available for him or her.

• I'm heavily invested in Genesis 1 because of the variety of Brutes and Monstrosities that are available.  With Genesis 1 in mind, I'd like to see  versions of The Thing ( both Benjamin J. Grimm & the John Carpenter's movie version (or some reasonable facsimilies thereof).  Also, how about a cool "Cosmic Conqueror" character who's a hybrid of Galactus and a monstrous alien?  Also, there should be Space Conqueror armor and weapon(s) available for him or her.

I have some "monstronsities" coming soon.... lol

Can't say much more than that, but I think you might like :)

• I made this suggestion in the "Dinosaurs and Kaiju" forum, but I see that you actually possess the talent for this:  I would love to see some Jack Kirby-inspired big monsters from you, but with the edge apparent in your existing work.  You know, the big monsters with the silly names (Lo-Bak-Rah", as an example).  Some of your already-existing work meets the criteria.  Whatever you come up with, I know it's gonna be impressive.

• Josh, I went to monsterfaces.net and checked out your work.  To say I was blown away would be an understatement.  I'd say that there are quite a few who'd fit the "monstrous Space-Conqueror" I described.  Overall, my favorites are numbers 1, 8, 9,16, 43, 61, 75, 78, and 87.  I hope at least a few up these beauties will be available for Genesis 1 or will be able to play nicely (or "not so nicely") with all flavors of Genesis.  Whatever you choose, I'll definitely add it to my menagerie.  Thanks!