Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited May 2017

That new one would really look good with a pose-able tail. Is it too late to include one? :)

I think I'd play around with some of the available undead morphs to make the jaws look more inhuman and predatory, but I tend to do that with most G3 creatures, anyway.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572

That new one would really look good with a pose-able tail. Is it too late to incoude one? :)

I think I'd play around with some of the available undead morphs to make the jaws look more inhuman and predatory, but I tend to do that with most G3 creatures, anyway.

I thought about making a tail for him. Decided not to. 

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited May 2017

Hey Josh, did you hear of the russian book? https://exopolitics.blogs.com/files/russian.secret.alien.races.book.pdf

Just make them happen to exist in 3d 

List of species from the book:

ALLGRUUK (aka THE BUILDERS) the movie Prometheus was inspired on its surname

KIILY-TOKURT

PLEYADIYANS

KYLLIMIR-AUK

KURS (aka God of the Lands)  the movie and series Stargate were inspired on this documented by russian alien race

HAV-ANNUAE-KONDRAS (responsible for the myth of vampires)

MAZAREK

AL-GRUUALIX

MOOVIANTHAN-KAYPhIK (aka SHINNING ONES)

RAK 

THE INVISIBLES

ALLMAHULLUK-STRAT-163 (liked India and battled reptoids, use a lot of invisible camuflation, make me think of movie Predator)

AINANA  (their looks suit the name of the typical martian)

INDUGUTK (aka TALL WHITE) they handle everything with slaves, who are well cared, also are known as the black men for their black spatial suits

KILLIMAT-ARR (aka K-ARR) Bermuda Triangle aliens

2017 (seems to be the typical nordic humanlike aliens)

EL-MANOUK (cocreated but is not part of the Council of the Five, five other alien races that protect humans from less peaceful alien races. El-Manouk also coined this phrase: "5 Universes, 2500 species, 1 race".)

JIGHANTIC (violent alien race allied to the Maitre aliens, those Maitre aliens are mentioned a lot by evil or conflictive alien races)

JEFOK (known as "peacemakers")

DORSAY (eat other alien races as well as humans)

MAGELL (peaceful, harvest insects and rodents and have two permanents bases on south america)

AKART (the fastest ships,  always around Brazil)

MAITRE (same average height as humans, hermafrodites, considered by other races as "parasites", want colonize Earth, the council of five stop them. Maitre colonized at least 25 planets)

DRIES (2.5 meters, and a very complex skull structure, they reproduct humans and hold other slaves,  they work togheter with at least other 3 races,  colonized 40 planets, at least 10 planets taken by force with the help of slaves, they mostly eat animal protein derived products. According to alien reports Dries are not enough spiritual/intelligence developed to interact with most of other races. They are supposed to reveal themselves to humans by 2022.)

LANG (small, growing only to 70 cm, they inspired myths about fairies,)

SMAD (resemble humans in appareance, like human religions, this race is on declining towards extinction and only has 6 ships)

TENGRI-TENGRI  (they do not need an atmosphere or water to survive)

GRAYSLI  (average as humans and covered by  a soft silky hair, liked ancient egypt and lived there)

ANUNAKENE (aka ANUNNAKI, they gave birth to the myth of giants, they created humankind as slaves, they collaborate with Zeta Reticulai not to be confused with Solipsi Rays (aka Grays), reptilian infiltrated as "Temple priiest" and collapsed their anunakene kingdom in Egypt, They will return one day as promised, they do know all what is happening as well as other planets were they had influence. They created a subrace of the Zeta Reticulai too. )

AFIM (smaller than humans, skin with blue spots, darker for males and lighter for females, they call themselves Afim Spiantsy, because of a war they fought against a race called "Spiantsy".. the Spiantsy race had 12 times more members, and 35 times more ships and resources than the Afim.. but the Afim won in the end, so they added Spiantsy name to their own race name as warning to other species. They visit earth to study what they call "Human Deviation)

SOLIPSI RAI (aka THE GRAYS) peaceful race.They do have one powerfull weapon that keeps some neighbouring  violent races away.. Maitre lost 5 ships to them.)

PUXHITY (influential to south and central american human cultures, 2000 lived there, until one day when most of them left, leaving 25 behind, humans killed them. They did not return since this 'incident')

X5-TYKHUT (created by Maitre as slaves, they are not organic)

ViNNYTVARI (live to 2000 years, respected and neutral with mystical powers)

STROM (Invertebrates and coelenterates, they give importance to vegetation, their motive to visit earth)

KALENIA

MYTHILAE (once related to reptoids, sometimes confused with reptilians, they do not represent any threat to humans)

REPTILIANS (the most feared reptoid species, there are at least 3.(

ALCOHBATA (considered parasites, they do not like to interact with other alien races)

NEGUMAK (they abduct and exercises control over the mind of captives after releasing them, this race was the inspiration for the movie Indpendence Day)

ZETA RETICULAI (often confused by appareance with Maitre and Solipsi Rays (grays) they are allies of the Annunaki. They became some of Phraohs of Egypt, Annunaki made subspecies hybrid wof Zeta with humans to represent themn earth, those hybrids still a bit alien looking. The Zeta still exist in earth in both forms, original and hybrid).

TARICE (unknown origin, discused and unclear appareance, seen flying near and over volcanoes,)

PURITAV ILLUMU (nocturnal and with interest by earth oceans, peaceful)

X-1Z (other aliens say they are able to shapeshift 4 times in 10 seconds, oriign unknown, they abduct to do medical experiments)

CARAVELDI (3 meters tall and 4 arms, extremely dangerous,  permanently involved in conflicts, rarely seen on earth, live up to 150 years)

ELFAFF (resemble greys but not related, they have 4 genders and are peaceful, interested in minerals, spotted around old mines)

MATRAX ...

the list goes on...

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
    EquisVoid said:

Hey Josh, did you hear of the russian book? https://exopolitics.blogs.com/files/russian.secret.alien.races.book.pdf

Just make them happen to exist in 3d 

List of species from the book:

ALLGRUUK (aka THE BUILDERS) the movie Prometheus was inspired on its surname

KIILY-TOKURT

PLEYADIYANS

KYLLIMIR-AUK

KURS (aka God of the Lands)  the movie and series Stargate were inspired on this documented by russian alien race

HAV-ANNUAE-KONDRAS (responsible for the myth of vampires)

MAZAREK

AL-GRUUALIX

MOOVIANTHAN-KAYPhIK (aka SHINNING ONES)

RAK 

THE INVISIBLES

ALLMAHULLUK-STRAT-163 (liked India and battled reptoids, use a lot of invisible camuflation, make me think of movie Predator)

AINANA  (their looks suit the name of the typical martian)

INDUGUTK (aka TALL WHITE) they handle everything with slaves, who are well cared, also are known as the black men for their black spatial suits

KILLIMAT-ARR (aka K-ARR) Bermuda Triangle aliens

2017 (seems to be the typical nordic humanlike aliens)

EL-MANOUK (cocreated but is not part of the Council of the Five, five other alien races that protect humans from less peaceful alien races. El-Manouk also coined this phrase: "5 Universes, 2500 species, 1 race".)

JIGHANTIC (violent alien race allied to the Maitre aliens, those Maitre aliens are mentioned a lot by evil or conflictive alien races)

JEFOK (known as "peacemakers")

DORSAY (eat other alien races as well as humans)

MAGELL (peaceful, harvest insects and rodents and have two permanents bases on south america)

AKART (the fastest ships,  always around Brazil)

MAITRE (same average height as humans, hermafrodites, considered by other races as "parasites", want colonize Earth, the council of five stop them. Maitre colonized at least 25 planets)

DRIES (2.5 meters, and a very complex skull structure, they reproduct humans and hold other slaves,  they work togheter with at least other 3 races,  colonized 40 planets, at least 10 planets taken by force with the help of slaves, they mostly eat animal protein derived products. According to alien reports Dries are not enough spiritual/intelligence developed to interact with most of other races. They are supposed to reveal themselves to humans by 2022.)

LANG (small, growing only to 70 cm, they inspired myths about fairies,)

SMAD (resemble humans in appareance, like human religions, this race is on declining towards extinction and only has 6 ships)

TENGRI-TENGRI  (they do not need an atmosphere or water to survive)

GRAYSLI  (average as humans and covered by  a soft silky hair, liked ancient egypt and lived there)

ANUNAKENE (aka ANUNNAKI, they gave birth to the myth of giants, they created humankind as slaves, they collaborate with Zeta Reticulai not to be confused with Solipsi Rays (aka Grays), reptilian infiltrated as "Temple priiest" and collapsed their anunakene kingdom in Egypt, They will return one day as promised, they do know all what is happening as well as other planets were they had influence. They created a subrace of the Zeta Reticulai too. )

AFIM (smaller than humans, skin with blue spots, darker for males and lighter for females, they call themselves Afim Spiantsy, because of a war they fought against a race called "Spiantsy".. the Spiantsy race had 12 times more members, and 35 times more ships and resources than the Afim.. but the Afim won in the end, so they added Spiantsy name to their own race name as warning to other species. They visit earth to study what they call "Human Deviation)

SOLIPSI RAI (aka THE GRAYS) peaceful race.They do have one powerfull weapon that keeps some neighbouring  violent races away.. Maitre lost 5 ships to them.)

PUXHITY (influential to south and central american human cultures, 2000 lived there, until one day when most of them left, leaving 25 behind, humans killed them. They did not return since this 'incident')

X5-TYKHUT (created by Maitre as slaves, they are not organic)

ViNNYTVARI (live to 2000 years, respected and neutral with mystical powers)

STROM (Invertebrates and coelenterates, they give importance to vegetation, their motive to visit earth)

KALENIA

MYTHILAE (once related to reptoids, sometimes confused with reptilians, they do not represent any threat to humans)

REPTILIANS (the most feared reptoid species, there are at least 3.(

ALCOHBATA (considered parasites, they do not like to interact with other alien races)

NEGUMAK (they abduct and exercises control over the mind of captives after releasing them, this race was the inspiration for the movie Indpendence Day)

ZETA RETICULAI (often confused by appareance with Maitre and Solipsi Rays (grays) they are allies of the Annunaki. They became some of Phraohs of Egypt, Annunaki made subspecies hybrid wof Zeta with humans to represent themn earth, those hybrids still a bit alien looking. The Zeta still exist in earth in both forms, original and hybrid).

TARICE (unknown origin, discused and unclear appareance, seen flying near and over volcanoes,)

PURITAV ILLUMU (nocturnal and with interest by earth oceans, peaceful)

X-1Z (other aliens say they are able to shapeshift 4 times in 10 seconds, oriign unknown, they abduct to do medical experiments)

CARAVELDI (3 meters tall and 4 arms, extremely dangerous,  permanently involved in conflicts, rarely seen on earth, live up to 150 years)

ELFAFF (resemble greys but not related, they have 4 genders and are peaceful, interested in minerals, spotted around old mines)

MATRAX ...

the list goes on...

Interesting. Thanks!

edited May 2017

My most wanted alien would be one with white emissive skin and blue or darkblue spots, gyraffe neck, and similar in elegance to clonators of star wars.  In contraposition a superoverweight demonic aliens with hovering 'wheelchairs' like Harknonnen from Dune would rock.

My third option would be a mix of a evolved dolphin head, with 4 toad extremities.

And my fourth a predatory biped bird llien, like a werecondor, just more alien looking

Oh, and a koi-humanoid with almond shapped evil eyes would be awesome  too

clonators star wars.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 121K
    lictor.jpg
    650 x 1024 - 83K
    Feather_monster.jpg
    861 x 1077 - 439K
    32937-annunaki.jpg
    310 x 228 - 66K
    EquisVoid said:

My most wanted alien would be one with white emissive skin and blue or darkblue spots, gyraffe neck, and similar in elegance to clonators of star wars.  In contraposition a superoverweight demonic aliens with hovering 'wheelchairs' like Harknonnen from Dune would rock.

My third option would be a mix of a evolved dolphin head, with 4 toad extremities.

And my fourth a predatory biped bird llien, like a werecondor, just more alien looking

Oh, and a koi-humanoid with almond shapped evil eyes would be awesome  too

Cool ideas , I really like all of them

edited May 2017

Have you seen the movie terraformars? It can be inspiring 

I would like to see a terraformar cochroack-scarab with multipolychromated very metallic and colorfoul colors with a spatial evil pharaohnic and dystopic egypt flavour on promos

terraformars movie.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 134K
    terraformars movie 3.png
    848 x 474 - 203K
    terraformars movie 5.jpg
    660 x 280 - 18K
    terraformars 3.jpg
    621 x 369 - 101K
    scarab_beetle_by_wretchedharmony_lina-d374yak.jpg
    834 x 957 - 107K
    egypt scarab.jpg
    594 x 800 - 52K
    EquisVoid said:

Have you seen the movie terraformars? It can be inspiring 

I would like to see a terraformar cochroack-scarab with multipolychromated very metallic and colorfoul colors with a spatial evil pharaohnic and dystopic egypt flavour on promos

Cool idea

a modular morph kit bundle of fallid hybrids of alien-humans would be superawesome, some preset ideas:

1-no arms (hidden), and foots morphed with membranes, option to dial one bigger than another or dial some distortion. 

2-like born in radation overinflated head like

3-anormally long neck, option to be thin or not

4-dial siamese fetuses on fetal position, shapes of very underdeveloped bodies at diferents external parts of your body.. 

5-supersmall hand as tongue.

6-membranes at fingers of  hands

7-dial eyes together and fusionate to be a cyclope like.

8-a skin for genesis 3 male to be a viscous fish-something

9-a skin for genesis 3 female to be a vibrant color unknown insect queen like

10-face expression for the pain to exist as a failed human alien hybrid

EquisVoid said:

a modular morph kit bundle of fallid hybrids of alien-humans would be superawesome, some preset ideas:

1-no arms (hidden), and foots morphed with membranes, option to dial one bigger than another or dial some distortion. 

2-like born in radation overinflated head like

3-anormally long neck, option to be thin or not

4-dial siamese fetuses on fetal position, shapes of very underdeveloped bodies at diferents external parts of your body.. 

5-supersmall hand as tongue.

6-membranes at fingers of  hands

7-dial eyes together and fusionate to be a cyclope like.

8-a skin for genesis 3 male to be a viscous fish-something

9-a skin for genesis 3 female to be a vibrant color unknown insect queen like

10-face expression for the pain to exist as a failed human alien hybrid

Cool ideas :)

Recently undertaking a 'Hellraiser'-themed project and, while there's enough to create my own unique cenobite designs, it would be useful to see something deliberately inspired by the films and comics in the store for use. Concepts which look like they've had industrial metal impaled through flesh in ritualised fashion.

Bonus points for an articulated puzzlebox and poseable hooked chains in Iray!

http://chapleau.us/Img/cenobites.jpg
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=388627
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/cenobite/images/9/99/11t60lv.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120208172723
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=210241
    http://redtrackz.deviantart.com/art/Hellraiser-wire-twin-sculpt-100902327

Also, another Clive Barker property: 'Tortured Souls', which uses very similar aesthetics in designs.

http://jrobinson.ghostshell.com/?p=49
    http://clivebarker.wikia.com/wiki/Tortured_Souls

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2017

+1 for cenobites. I've been dying for a Chatterer for quite some time.

Also, not necessarily a request for Josh, but while we're on the subject of mutilated bits, a character similar to Julie (post-infection) from Return of the Living Dead III would be nice too.
    http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/return-of-the-living-dead-3-girl-zombie.jpg

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited May 2017

I like Cenobites too, but would prefer more innovation, like evil aliens, being half of them superior to humans, and have a shinning and elegant looking appareance. It's a lot more difficult and innovative to make an evil good looking alien that still very alien, I love abominations but would like some aliens to make humans look like scum. That's sweet.

I am all for alien majesty

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

love all kinds of monsters humanoid and non humanoid got that new monster death stalker and the werewolf and there's a creature from black lagoon type coming out, we have several types of vamps, maybe a new frankenstein creature/s, phantom of the opera, a scary mummy, a creepy Dr J and Mr Hyde and some of the other classic monsters cross between the real old versions but more darker updated type

plant creatures

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

I too am a monster / alien lover and have a lot of fun using Josh's work as a base for dail work and combos.  Just did a HG Well Time Machine Morlok using The Fallen as a base and The Skinchangers fur, added orc teeth, goblin & reptile head, zombie body (like skinny monsters) and got a nasty looking C.H.U.D. from it.   

Thank you Josh. 

C.H.U.D. that's a bast from the past yep that's the cool thing about being based using a daz base allows to mix and match different aspects of other figures so that is a real bonus and has a lot of advantages over stand alone figures of course still love standalones as the creators could probably be not so limited in what they sculpt I don't know how that goes which is also was wondering if making  sort of like clothing/masks would allow a bit more freedom in creation if possible you know like we have latex masks/costumes in rl but for the daz  charcacters and whether they can say a cyclops eye still be given movement options speaking of cyclops say a video on fb of a real cyclops goat

Some Fallen with alternatives

test02.png
    1920 x 1080 - 997K
    TraceSL said:

Love that. What you dialing in there?

TraceSL said:

Love that. What you dialing in there?

reptile and goblin heads and added the Lekkulion for Genesis 3 Male.  reptile is my go to head shape for the fallen, gives a good look.

reptile? only one know of is retillian 6 or raw's crawk for g3m

reptile? only one know of is retillian 6 or raw's crawk for g3m

part of the HFS Fantasy shapes https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-fantasy-shapes-for-genesis-3-male-s

I see though I did not pick him in the promos as lizard cause they used no textures only can tell via main promo pic do have this wishlisted like the legs

edited May 2017

Further to other suggestions, I'd like a shark-human hybrid. I know Raw Art did one ('Jawz'), but was disappointed to find it can't be 'bulked down' by using emaciated and thinning shaping morphs. I ideally want one which looks like it's more properly streamlined, rather than overly muscular (nothing wrong with that, of course, but the option should be there and Jawz doesn't have a seperate head shaping morph to be dialled in with a different body).

Could easily see a streamlined shark-like hybrid being useful for both genders of base character.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited May 2017

Further to other suggestions, I'd like a shark-human hybrid. I know Raw Art did one ('Jawz'), but was disappointed to find it can't be 'bulked down' by using emaciated and thinning shaping morphs. I ideally want one which looks like it's more properly streamlined, rather than overly muscular (nothing wrong with that, of course, but the option should be there and Jawz doesn't have a seperate head shaping morph to be dialled in with a different body).

Could easily see a streamlined shark-like hybrid being useful for both genders of base character.

Do you know philosopher's egg website? he has fantastic shark hybrid morhs, they are for V4 and M4 but you could transfer the morphs to genesis 3 with those three products

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

https://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2

https://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-3

here is the philosopher's egg sharks bundles:

shark:

http://philosophersegg.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=81

hammerhead shark:

http://philosophersegg.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=85

and the skins could be transfered with Texture transformer:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/texture-transformer-version-2/120633/

addon v4 to genesis 3 female

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/v4-to-g3f-add-on-pack-for-texture-transformer/112851/

addon m4 to genesis 3 male 

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/m4-to-g3m-add-on-pack-for-texture-tranformer/113499/

Nice chimera. Would like to see that horse body scaled up some though. Looks a little topheavy with that crazy beast on top.

Might be interesting to do a shark of some sort...

Something like the goblin shark I think would be cool 

https://i1.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/goblin.jpg

Might be interesting to do a shark of some sort...

Something like the goblin shark I think would be cool 

https://i1.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/goblin.jpg

love it, now I NEED a goblin shark on my runtime

Equis, for some reason I have difficulties getting any third party stuff to function or even show up in Daz Studio (with some rare exceptions). I have no idea why. It's been like that over more than one terminal, so, I have to rely on what's in the store to auto-install itself correctly. I also have yet to find any instructions in layman's terms of how to use the Gen X thing, which has always put me off of purchasing that in sales.

Josh, yes, I'd agree. Though you'd have to avoid anything too close to the tail-less Deacon, from 'Prometheus'', which was apparently inspired heavily by the goblin shark's appearance. There's certainly something to be said for conveying terror through a skeletalised look, though. And shark eyes, like a spider's eyes, have that unblinking shiny blackness quality to them.

Amd now I'm imagining a multi-eyed shark/arachnid hybrid, which is kind of scary... :)