cripeman tutorials

Comments

• TirroTirro Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

In your toon generation tutorials you mention the underarm pinch. Did I miss your technique? I've been making clothes in hexagon and love the versatility of the figure, but i really want to nip the pinch.

Thanks and love your tutorials.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,187
    edited December 1969

Thanks Cripeman!
    I really love your stuff!

edited December 1969

Hey cripeman,
    I just watched your volumetric fire tutorial in which you were showing how easy it can be to make a candle flame. Very cool stuff.
    If you would like to 'loop' the fire, set it up the same way, and then double (or there about) the time and Alt + Drag the first keyframe for the fire (under Master Objects) to the last frame, which should bring the flame back to its original position, but with Carrara's own new calculations in between - which makes for a fine loop, indeed ;)

Again, Thanks for taking the time to make these. Frickin' Awesome Sauce!

• cripemancripeman Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Hey cripeman,
    I just watched your volumetric fire tutorial in which you were showing how easy it can be to make a candle flame. Very cool stuff.
    If you would like to 'loop' the fire, set it up the same way, and then double (or there about) the time and Alt + Drag the first keyframe for the fire (under Master Objects) to the last frame, which should bring the flame back to its original position, but with Carrara's own new calculations in between - which makes for a fine loop, indeed ;)

thanks Dartanbeck.

and thanks for the loop trick ... I'll totally check that out.

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfNFdoDzB5g

This is a tip that could help us non modelers.

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3KcTIk2J4Q

this one is just a shout out about Frank Frazetta.
    RIP

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited January 2013

cripeman said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfNFdoDzB5g

This is a tip that could help us non modelers.

good tip - I would do the bug in parts - give you better control over each part

Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

cripeman said:
    Hey cripeman,

thanks Dartanbeck.

and thanks for the loop trick ... I'll totally check that out.Oh man...
    Don't do it!!!
    Going from 100 back to 0% simply runs the sim backwards and looks borked!
    Sorry

edited December 1969

cripeman said:

RIP

there were some threads on the old site about him - even a contest .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    cripeman said:

RIP

there were some threads on the old site about him - even a contest .

I never knew.

He was a great artist.

If ya'll are Frazetta fans you can also check out Boris Vallejo and Luis Royo.

edited December 1969

Tirro said:
    In your toon generation tutorials you mention the underarm pinch. Did I miss your technique? I've been making clothes in hexagon and love the versatility of the figure, but i really want to nip the pinch.

Thanks and love your tutorials.

wow Tirro totally missed this post.

I didn't include the pinch tip ... basically it's resize the figure and just scale the arms, legs and head.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

cripeman said:
    Hey cripeman,

thanks Dartanbeck.

and thanks for the loop trick ... I'll totally check that out.

Oh man...
    Don't do it!!!
    Going from 100 back to 0% simply runs the sim backwards and looks borked!
    Sorry
    The fire primitive has a completion dial. 0 and 100 should be very nearly identical. You should be able to create a seemless loop with a sawtooth tweener... no?
  • rbeann_3771967b79rbeann_3771967b79 Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Cripeman, you're awesome. Love the Toon Gen tutorials. They"re my favorites too.

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXthnav9rUc

This one is on using the replicator.

edited December 1969

Hey Cripeman,
    Thanks for all of your excellence - and I really appreciate the following in addition to all of your tutorials:

Cripeman's dedication to Frank Frazetta
    Where he links to a feature-length special on the artist himself:
    Frank Frazetta - Painting with Fire

Frank Frazetta has truly inspired us all, and will be greatly missed. Thanks for the dedication, Cripeman. Loved it and the super cool movie special. I bought "Fire and Ice" a long time ago - which is what actually inspired me to create my fantasy animated series in the first place. I sure hope to, one day, finish at least the first episode!
    edited December 1969

thanx Dartanbeck ... so cool to say.

Frazetta was a god. I kid of envision him in Valhalla painting all the Norse Gods ... them marveling at how cool he makes em look.

edited January 2013

http://youtu.be/x6ksxcqHt68

This one is on forces.
    Enjoy! :-)
    Subjects
    • Forces
    • Particle Emitter

Post edited by cripeman on
    edited December 1969

Very nice.
    Well folks, here's our new manual. If Cripeman keeps showing us how everything in Carrara works, and everything that Carrara has to offer, we'll eventually have a complete resource for a video manual.

edited December 1969

So you've got me even more inspired than ever.
    Kapow!
    Your tutorials are so fun to follow and informative on the subject at hand that I find myself just dying for the next one.
    Would it bother you if were to, one day, make up a mock manual that links to your tutorials?
    I have many offerings myself, and I'd like to create an easy to use manual - styled forum post that is basically a compilation of my tutorials and tidbits of Carrara advice, but with a 'Table of Contents' thread at the front that links to the appropriate topic - like a living manual
    and I'd like your permission to include all of your tutorials for people to learn from.
    I'll be asking the same from many others here - what do you say?

edited December 1969

I'm all about it Dartanbeck. That sounds like an awesome idea.

Feel free to use em however you want ... especially on something like that.

Sounds like a HUGE undertaking though.

edited December 1969

Thanks man...
    You truly are a hero for doing all of this work.

cripeman said:
    Sounds like a HUGE undertaking though.
    Perhaps. But I think it'll be worth it in the long run for helping peeps get the most out of Carrara - which is a huge goal for me - seems that you have the same bug!
    edited December 1969

Inspired by Frank Frazetta, I was messing around with trying to get a penciled sketch or painting look right within Carrara.
    Using a bunch of lights with cones with massive variations on settings and levels (lots of lights), I was able to pull off this render with no post work. This is using photo-realistic rendering: (The other, final version was posted in the "Post your Renders" thread here)

DR-Poster-Defend.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 132K
    edited December 1969

Inspired by Frank Frazetta, I was messing around with trying to get a penciled sketch or painting look right within Carrara.
    Using a bunch of lights with cones with massive variations on settings and levels (lots of lights), I was able to pull off this render with no post work. This is using photo-realistic rendering: (The other, final version was posted in the "Post your Renders" thread here)

to much fog for what you want .

edited December 1969

Maybe for what YOU want.
    BTW, no fog. Just lights.
    This IS what I was looking for.
    Thanks for the criticism though.

edited December 1969

that's cool Dartanbeck ... what's it from?

edited December 1969

cripeman said:
    that's cool Dartanbeck ... what's it from?
    The image is a single pass render I did in Carrara - no post work. I used lights with their various effects to do the post work during the initial render. The Characters are from the movie series I've been working towards for a couple years now. He is the heroic cartoon version of me, and the girl is my wife, Rosie (my real hero!) and the Orcs are really cool - a total mix up using Genesis with MS Lycan, Troll, and a bunch of the morphs from the creature set and human sets to give them each an individual look and feel. I only have five of them so far, but they can actually fulfill the producing of a fairly large group. They are around 7 feet tall, very Very strong, and really surprisingly quick. Supremely evil and they are always out to get Rosie. I bought Rosie all of the Martial Artist aniBlock sets - so she can handle herself against them! ;)

The render above, though, has made some great headway towards a new look and feel to the show. Although it won't be oversaturated like that, there certainly will be times when I'll blind the audience with it!

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97-g9FHUKYQ

this one shows how to get convincing razor stubble

Enjoy! :-)

edited December 1969

I agree with you...
    that looks really good! Great looking stubble!

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUJF_7vD2Kw

This one gives a couple of tips on displacement mapping.

Enjoy!

edited December 1969

cripeman said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUJF_7vD2Kw

This one gives a couple of tips on displacement mapping.

Enjoy!

Awesome as always Cripeman, Thank you!