Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Goodness me, in the time it takes me to re-render one image the thread has surged onwards. OK 3D anaglyph rendering... another shot of the same scene since three folks have mentioned issues resolving the image of the lady in the boat. I've fiddled around with the aspect, the cross-over and also height of the camera.

Peter if you want to email me, I've some further thoughts on the topic of Bryce's perspective camera triggered by your earlier post where you cropped you image into four quarters. Interesting selection of organic renders, some of the things remind me of the "squiddies" out of the matrix film (don't talk about the sequels - there never was a trilogy).

I'm really impressed with these motorcycle renders, would Dave be OK to put a link into his render which would not be permitted on this forum?

I saw the tube image on the previous thread and another on this one with a lady in the dark - reminiscent of Alien perhaps... anyway the bump on the walls? Is it displacement or just good looking bumpyness?

Landscape_lake_v5_3D_2.jpg
    700 x 700 - 264K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I'm really impressed with these motorcycle renders, would Dave be OK to put a link into his render which would not be permitted on this forum?
    The problem with that is as far as I understand the rules, you can only put a link if the picture is uploaded to a site that has age/content filters. I don't upload my stuff to any sites like that. I use simple Photobucket or I have several albums on MySpace.

Notice I did get away with the naked gorilla riding the bike, I'll never understand why there is a problem with human nudity.

I saw the tube image on the previous thread and another on this one with a lady in the dark - reminiscent of Alien perhaps... anyway the bump on the walls? Is it displacement or just good looking bumpyness?

The tube image was great and I meant to comment too as I wondered if it was displacement or an imported geometric model of some kind.
    It was certainly lit well and the material looked great... and a great use of displacement if that's what it was.
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2012

David...model in boat blends in quite easily this time - it can, at times, prove hard to perfect. Perhaps, suitability also has to do with one's expectations, which don't normally 'see' models in a boat at a lakeside?

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

The problem with that is as far as I understand the rules, you can only put a link if the picture is uploaded to a site that has age/content filters. I don't upload my stuff to any sites like that. I use simple Photobucket or I have several albums on MySpace.

Notice I did get away with the naked gorilla riding the bike, I'll never understand why there is a problem with human nudity.

The tube image was great and I meant to comment too as I wondered if it was displacement or an imported geometric model of some kind.
    It was certainly lit well and the material looked great... and a great use of displacement if that's what it was.

I'm not sure how he did the first tube image, in the second one it is bump mapping, I couldn't get proper displacement on the inside of a torus.

• edited December 2012

Goodness me, in the time it takes me to re-render one image the thread has surged onwards. OK 3D anaglyph rendering... another shot of the same scene since three folks have mentioned issues resolving the image of the lady in the boat. I've fiddled around with the aspect, the cross-over and also height of the camera.

Peter if you want to email me, I've some further thoughts on the topic of Bryce's perspective camera triggered by your earlier post where you cropped you image into four quarters. Interesting selection of organic renders, some of the things remind me of the "squiddies" out of the matrix film (don't talk about the sequels - there never was a trilogy).

Yes David your anaglyph rendering [re the boat and girl in it] works fine now. Even i, with my bad eyes can see it properly. You obviously know how to correct something when it is not right in the beginning. Although i am not a great fan of anaglyph rendering you have done a good job to get this right.

I have got the perspective camera thing under total control. It is just a matter of time for implementation [i have done all the testing]. I have so many different BryceOIP engines all of which are very promising using lenses and/or mirrors. I am also working on the entire range of BryceOIP engines [including color correction] except for anaglyph which i don't see any use for in MY work [others will like to use it of course]. I am only interested in beautiful renders suitable for print in the conventional manner with of course proper perspective over which i now have total mastery. The subdivision of the image into sectors, to reduce the render time is a separate process for which YOU, David, have already made a very useful tutorial contribution.

As for the "squiddies" i know exactly what you mean. Yes Parts 2 and 3 of the Matrix are a disappointment [ but i do like the overwhelming clouds and streams of "squiddies" in Part 3 ]. The Matrix sequels are not like TLOTR Trilogy - which is the only multi-part film i like. With TLOTR they tried to create an integrated whole and they did a blo... good job tackling an almost impossible task.

I also like the first Alien film but the others that followed were disappointing.

Well more later. And i may email you to catch up on things later.

Kind regards,

Peter

Post edited by pbudarick_4a3d2ac478 on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@Kine_magiK:

Thanks for the kind comments. Yes it was all Bryce primitives.
    The background image was a home made HDRI I made with a program called HDR Shop.

You can load any standard image in to it and save it as an HDR file to load in to Bryce.
    Although when loading it in, Bryce produces an error about the image type and ratio, but when clicking the tick at the bottom right of the IBL screen it accepts the image and can then be adjusted with the IBL settings by going back in to the IBL screen in the Skylab.

Love your renders, not the sort of thing I have ever thought of doing but then
    I seem to be stuck at trying to get things to look as real as possible, doesn't always work though.

You certainly have more patience than I have, having to wait 3 weeks would have me pulling my hair out,
    and at my age that's the last thing I need.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Better David. Boat and woman are now in phase with the rest of the image.

@Dave: A naked gorilla? I just saw the banana.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Here we go again

alien-run2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 623K
  • eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Here we go again
    You forgot to switch on the lights.
  • Waleed - JordanWaleed - Jordan Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

chohole said:
    Part 2 was here

I got to play with one of the Christmas freebies I downloaded.

I am sure David, or someone would set it up much better than I did, but it was great to get Bryce christmas freebies from someone other than David or Horo.

THey are still available for a few hours longer http://www.francemi.net/ravyn.htm

very nice, I should present a gifts to you

ggyy66.JPG
    512 x 768 - 371K
    ggyy77.JPG
    512 x 768 - 354K
    ggyy55.JPG
    512 x 768 - 345K
    ggyy44.JPG
    512 x 768 - 410K
    Post edited by Waleed - Jordan on
    edited December 1969

@Rareth: Doesn't that gal own a flashlight? Or a road flair? I'd sure hate to move fast through that area.

@Waleed: Are those four images from a Sci Fi movie? Maybe from War of the World? Strange looking, but also nice.

• Waleed - JordanWaleed - Jordan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No, I did it on Bryce 5 with dynamic shape an Fx effect on photoshop

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

Works fine for me. Very nice 3D effect. The boat and the lady are either huge or the mountains tiny.
  • edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    @Kine_magiK:

Thanks for the kind comments. Yes it was all Bryce primitives.
    The background image was a home made HDRI I made with a program called HDR Shop.

You can load any standard image in to it and save it as an HDR file to load in to Bryce.
    Although when loading it in, Bryce produces an error about the image type and ratio, but when clicking the tick at the bottom right of the IBL screen it accepts the image and can then be adjusted with the IBL settings by going back in to the IBL screen in the Skylab.

Love your renders, not the sort of thing I have ever thought of doing but then
    I seem to be stuck at trying to get things to look as real as possible, doesn't always work though.

You certainly have more patience than I have, having to wait 3 weeks would have me pulling my hair out,
    and at my age that's the last thing I need.

Thank you. You are very kind.

I have been following your Bryce-ONLY modelling work for some time. It is of very high standard! I have seen it on Bryce5.com also!

I do my kind of renders because they are easier to do than making detailed photo-realistic models of real objects as you do. In 2013 that will change and i will have to do models of objects that might exist in the real world. That is much more difficult. But i like the challenge.

Those renders i did, did not involve patience because at the same time i was working on my Instancing Lab Tutorial [which was a big job]. I had one computer free for rendering scenes. It was running for several months! It just rendered stuff and i did not care when a render was finished.

I also use IBL sometimes. I create my own Light Probes [HDRI files] using BryceOIP Engines i have created. They render the reflections of a sphere [an old trick used in photography to create an ultra wide lens before there was Bryce] and the output is exported as a HDRI file at a very high resolution. I then import that file into the IBL room of the SkyLab. I also sometimes use Horo's HDRI files supplied with Bryce7 Pro. But mostly i use TA without IBL.

I don't use any other software then Bryce.

Best wishes

Peter

edited December 2012

Working through one of David’s excellent tuts., on specularity, the actual ‘specula’ (speculae?) coming from off the model being used was a striking effect. No apologies, then, for the below work, as specularity is intentioned. Kinda, a sci-fi result, don’t ya think :) ? The small image here, I found on loading, doesn't show the specular effect, so you'll have to click for the larger image (and click again as images aren't fully 'zoomed-in' on the first click), I'm afraid. Btw, this was a quick work ~ 1 hour project, and all settings are of default.

Title: "Specular Lady"

Jay

Specular-Lady.jpg
    651 x 866 - 488K
  • edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Working through one of David’s excellent tuts., on specularity, the actual ‘specula’ (speculae?) coming from off the model being used was a striking effect. No apologies, then, for the below work, as specularity is intentioned. Kinda, a sci-fi result, don’t ya think :) ? The small image here, I found on loading, doesn't show the specular effect, so you'll have to click for the larger image (and click again as images aren't fully 'zoomed-in' on the first click), I'm afraid. Btw, this was a quick work ~ 1 hour project, and all settings are of default.

Jay

Oh yes i can see the sparkles. Very nice indeed!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited September 2014

YAY!!! My first Bryce render in about 7 or 8 years. :coolsmirk:

Terrain created in Terragen and exported as OBJ and imported into Bryce. Not sure I'm crazy about the sky I chose, but it's been so long I've forgotten which ones are my faves. ;-)

Birds added in post work, thanks to Ron's Bird Brushes.

Click for unsquished version, or check it out here  --> http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/bryce/terrain1.htm

Terrain1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 275K
    Post edited by Miss B on
  • eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:

Jay

Whos that Dolly Glitter?
    edited December 1969

@Jay: That's a real interesting image, if it's not enlarged. Enlarged, there are a lot of fire flies on the lady. Maybe boost lighting was set? Still, I like what you've done in that image.

@Miss B: The way you have that scene set up, with the birds and the mist at the far mountains, the sky you chose works well. It would also look good with a more sunny sky. It's a very nice job.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Last motorbike render for now...

VRodSideAd.jpg
    1400 x 1494 - 374K
    edited December 2012

Eireann…...haha...Dolly Spectacular more like ;)

Guss…thanks, and you're right...but it really was just a 'spat' work of sparkles...;)

Savage…saw this killer hog (not my work) just now on Devient

Jay

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jay, not quite certain what you did with that link to DA, but it locks one into DA and the back button won't work, have to close the tab.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Eeek, lost my subscription to this thread ...

Back to my comfort zone with Bryce ... abstracts. Fun! :)

DeepBlue.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 334K
    edited December 2012

Chohole...okay on that. Just tried the link again and it takes me to the hog image....that's weird you're having problems. Might just be that it's a stored history thing on my comp.,. so that's probably why it's working for me. It's still not a problem; as I'm sure Savage is used to seeing such hogs anyway - the 'hoggerite' ;)

Kerya...mmmm, very nice....wonder what an anaglyph of it would like?

Jay

• mx42bmx42b Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

All of the images I see posted here are incredible and I have learned much from reading all of your posts. One of the most important lessons I've learned is that I have a long way to go in the struggle to understanding the nuances of Bryce. I hope you like this one.

Lessonlrnd.png
    1114 x 829 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Mx42b...Oh yeah, excellent! Great light and shadows too - look forward to seeing more of these story type works from you.

Jay

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Miss B: The way you have that scene set up, with the birds and the mist at the far mountains, the sky you chose works well. It would also look good with a more sunny sky. It's a very nice job.

Thank you. I'm just back to Bryce after many years away, so I have to familiarize myself with all the skies again. I have lots of Bryce goodies I've bought over the years that need to be installed, including skies.
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Back to my comfort zone with Bryce ... abstracts. Fun! :)

Oh nice Kerya. I don't recall anyone doing abstracts in Bryce back when I was using B4 or B5, so it's something I've always wanted to try. Hmmmmm, maybe that's the next thing I should work on. :coolsmirk:
    edited December 1969

@Dave: IMHO, your colored v-rods, besides being vibrant, do show off that bike much better. Hmmm...I think maybe I've already said that somewhere else. :)

@Kerya: That image makes me feel as though I'm standing in the bottom of a glass of soda, looking up. Love that image.

@MX: Now that's a gal who knows how to express herself. I do like the dragon in the background, but something, and I can't put my finger on it, doesn't look quite right. Maybe its legs, or the right wing, I can't say for sure. Otherwise, really like what you've done.

edited December 2012

OK, I think I've finally completed my first Bryce abstract. I've always liked them when I saw them here and on Deviant Art, but until I installed Bryce 7 the other day, I had never tried to create one.

Well, after 4 starts, stops and start-overs, here's my first Bryce 7 abstract . . . Ohhhhh, shiny! :coolsmirk:

Click to see it unsquished, or check it out here  --> http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/bryce/

Abstract1.png
    800 x 600 - 478K
    Post edited by Miss B on
This discussion has been closed.