Breast & Glute movement control for Genesis - NOW AVAILABLE (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
edited February 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I love breasts and glutes. I have all these fantastic morphs sets for Genesis but no way to control the movement. So I decided to make something that does just that. The basic idea is you can control Up, Down, Left, Right, In & Out on each side of the breast and glute. With these combinations you will have full control of the movement. It will also contain secondary morphs such as twisting and angle etc. The hard part is making them compatable for all types of breast/glute shapes. That is what I am busy trying to solve now. Please feel free to make suggestions of what to add or focus on. Thanks:) I hope I can post pics here. I will try and make them as site friendly as possible.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2012

LMAO! You is just full of idea's lol - Well the glutes needs some tense and relaxed morphs :-P I guess further idea's need confirmation of how far you intend to go lol

Oh, and both glutes and breasts need morphs to make em flat, eg, when they're sitting/laying on a flat surface. hehe

BTW - for family friendly posting, but also to accurately display ur morphs, you could prob use painted on bikini texture. Just dont have the nips dialed up. A mod will prob confirm if its allowed.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Got the breast flat morph. Thats called in&out;. It controls the gravity on the Z axis. So if lying down. dial -1. If bending over and the breasts are hanging, dial 1:) I will look into glute tention:)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 2012

Spyro said:
    LMAO! You is just full of idea's lol - Well the glutes needs some tense and relaxed morphs :-P I guess further idea's need confirmation of how far you intend to go lol
    Really, the entire body needs tense and relaxed morphs. I was noticing it when I was doing a scene of one person holding a heavy weight. Having Flexions-On helps, but it's not really designed to show stress, especially when the muscle is elongated. Vascularity does somewhat more, but vascularity isn't muscle tissue.

Oh, and both glutes and breasts need morphs to make em flat, eg, when they're sitting/laying on a flat surface. hehe

Ironman13 did something like that for Anastasia, V4 and M4. A set of morphs called, appropriately enough, "Squish!" I don't know if those would work via GenX or not -- I don't have those sets -- and I expect it's better to have Genesis-native morphs in any event. (Also, judging from a couple of other products made to support Squish!, those morphs tend to screw up clothing fits, so that might need to be taken into account.)

Zev0:
    The basic idea is you can control Up, Down, Left, Right, In & Out on each side of the breast and glute. With these combinations you will have full control of the movement.
    I'm not sure about the glutes, but doesn't the pectoral bone supply a pretty good amount of that sort of control for the breast in Genesis? It won't squish them flat, but it'll do most of the rest, won't it?

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 2012

Ironman13 did something like that for Anastasia, V4 and M4. A set of morphs called, appropriately enough, "Squish!" I don't know if those would work via GenX or not -- I don't have those sets -- and I expect it's better to have Genesis-native morphs in any event. (Also, judging from a couple of other products made to support Squish!, those morphs tend to screw up clothing fits, so that might need to be taken into account.)

The squish morphs from Ironman shows breast/glute against object collision. My morphs simulate gravity. There is a big difference.

I'm not sure about the glutes, but doesn't the pectoral bone supply a pretty good amount of that sort of control for the breast in Genesis? It won't squish them flat, but it'll do most of the rest, won't it?

Not really. If I make Genesis lay on its side the breasts are still facing forward. With these morphs you can angle them in any direction. Realistically they would be sagging to the ground, so all you do is tell both breasts to face in the required direction. Alos Genesis does not need squish morphs since it has collision detection in Daz. It does the same job.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I love breasts and glutes.
    Yessssssss mee too.

I am going to start calling you the Miracle Morphing Man

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    The squish morphs from Ironman shows breast/glute against object collision. My morphs simulate gravity. There is a big difference.
    Ah, OK. But ... isn't that what NGM does for the breast? (I'm not trying to be contrary; I'm just confused.)

Alos Genesis does not need squish morphs since it has collision detection in Daz. It does the same job.

Wait ... I thought you were talking about a shaping morph. Collision detection absolutely does not do that. Not to Genesis itself, anyway. If you've got a character wearing pants laying down, the pants will collide with Genesis, right? But Genesis itself doesn't react much to whatever the character is laying on. Colliding Genesis against other surfaces doesn't seem to really work well; it distorts, but it doesn't ... squish, for lack of a better word.
    edited December 1969

I still reckon squish morphs would be valuable morphs :) Just sayin LOL

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Genesis doesn't handle squish properly if you use collision detection. Whether it's butts or boobs the results aren't accurate in the slightest. I've tried it months ago after I saw someone post a pic on the forum. Not saying this product has to address that, but I do want to say, squishing is missing.

I've had some success bringing over V4 morphs for those proposes. Course you need to fiddle a bit, but I think that is going to be the case for anyone with a non-standard character figure.

edited December 1969

Squish morphs is the last thing I want to do:( I am focusing on movement control, But..If thats what people want I guess I can't ignore such a request. Lets see how all this pans out. My products always evolve from the draft with user input from the threads:)

edited December 2012

Ah, OK. But ... isn't that what NGM does for the breast? (I'm not trying to be contrary; I'm just confused.)

It does simulate gravity but only downwards. If you rotate the body the breasts still rotate with it. It should face the floor since thats how gravity works. Thats where my morphs come in. Look at the pic for example.

1.jpg
    1347 x 593 - 152K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2012

And laying down. Here is just a normal breast morph on Genesis. Second pic is it + my movement morphs applied.

2.jpg
    1097 x 882 - 242K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Very nice.

This will be another good tool in the collection.

edited December 1969

Thanks man. Still have lots of testing to do but I will keep you guys updated on the progress.

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I like the idea of gravity morphs for the new figure although I wish I could offer some suggestions so I'll go think of some and PM you later. Am still looking forward to your aging morphs. :)

edited December 1969

Everybody is waiting for it including myself. I have no idea what is taking them so long. Normally the pending process is over by now:(

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

In terms of a "universal" control, you might want to look at something similar to what Adam Thwaite's has done on with his Natural Bounce system... separating each breast into three control zones. That way the user could configure the system to the parameters of each individual breast as needed, even in cases where they need to be treated asymmetrically. (ie: one breast in clothing, the other exposed, one leather cup, the other in cloth, etc.)

As long as you're still taking suggestions, one thing I've rarely seen done really well with breast morphs is simulating how medium sided breasts hang when the torso is parallel to the floor, as occurs when the subject is on all fours. The actual shape is basically conical, but most morph sets tend to thrust the weight forward towards the top of the breast. That looks okay on a larger breasted figure, but on smaller breasts it always looks a bit skewed. Pop a decent "snowcone" morph in the package and you've got at least one sure sale.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Nice! Genesis does need some better pose controls for breasts and glutes!

An added feature I'd like to see available is a hand imprint " grasp" morph
    "...for holding ones own..."

:)

edited December 2012

In terms of a "universal" control, you might want to look at something similar to what Adam Thwaite's has done on with his Natural Bounce system... separating each breast into three control zones. That way the user could configure the system to the parameters of each individual breast as needed, even in cases where they need to be treated asymmetrically. (ie: one breast in clothing, the other exposed, one leather cup, the other in cloth, etc.)

As long as you're still taking suggestions, one thing I've rarely seen done really well with breast morphs is simulating how medium sided breasts hang when the torso is parallel to the floor, as occurs when the subject is on all fours. The actual shape is basically conical, but most morph sets tend to thrust the weight forward towards the top of the breast. That looks okay on a larger breasted figure, but on smaller breasts it always looks a bit skewed. Pop a decent "snowcone" morph in the package and you've got at least one sure sale.

I had a look at that product and that is exactly how these morphs work. It was a huge influence. Each morph works on the X Y and Z axis same as that. They control all the movement you need. I wont be including breast shapes or breast morphs. That is for another day. I am strictly focusing on breast & glute movement. What ever breast/glute shapes and morphs you have in your arsenal is strictly up to you. My focus is to create movement morphs that cater for them:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2012

leifgl said:
    Nice! Genesis does need some better pose controls for breasts and glutes!

An added feature I'd like to see available is a hand imprint " grasp" morph
    "...for holding ones own..."

:)

LOL..that you can achieve with a displacement map:) or an overlay layer:) There are already products that have that.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

So far I have tested the movement morphs on every possible breast shape that I have on Genesis and they work great:) It was hard to find the sweet spot that caters for multiple shapes but I think I found the best solution. I am now adding some more side morphs just to cover everything. Then its on to the glute...

edited December 2012

This is the morphs structure per breast so far. The glute will be similar per side. There will also be grouped morphs that control both breasts such as cleavage etc. And I will be including Squish morphs since you guys asked for it:) Pics to follow soon.

morphs.jpg
    269 x 663 - 103K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Updated morph list per breast/glute side. Working on the breast impact system now (squish morphs). I know I promised screenshots but I will do those as soon as I finish the morphs.

morphs.jpg
    557 x 925 - 258K
  • Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited January 2013

Zev0 said:
    I love breasts and glutes. I have all these fantastic morphs sets for Genesis but no way to control the movement. So I decided to make something that does just that. The basic idea is you can control Up, Down, Left, Right, In & Out on each side of the breast and glute. With these combinations you will have full control of the movement. It will also contain secondary morphs such as twisting and angle etc. The hard part is making them compatable for all types of breast/glute shapes. That is what I am busy trying to solve now. Please feel free to make suggestions of what to add or focus on. Thanks:) I hope I can post pics here. I will try and make them as site friendly as possible.

if daz created a softbody/physics engine this would solve all these problems.
    and animators can have more real motions.

Post edited by Fixme12 on
    edited January 2013

True. Well this system works extremely well, except that you must manually apply these morphs. It's actually better this way because with mixing figure shapes, automated morph values can give you some weird results. With manual control you can adjust them yourself to get the right look. Plus these work great for animations. I will post a vid as well as some pics as soon as they are complete. Best of all it is extremely easy to use. If your figure bends to the left, dial up the Side2side morphs with a bit of rotation on both breasts and see the difference:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited January 2013

Started a Renderosity thread incase I want to show pics that aren't suitable here. Haven't posted anything yet, but will let you guys know as soon as I do.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2861697&page=1#message_4026892

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited January 2013

The universal breast impact system is complete.:) Instead of posting pics I am going to make a video showing how this product works.:) It's best seen in motion so you can see the morphs work:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited January 2013

Still Busy with the Vid, but in the meantime here is a shot showing how the morphs work. To mimic good results you can't just move left and right, you must add a little rotation as well or they will start to distort. This set has the morphs to do that. You have full control of each to get the look you want. The glute system uses the exact same principle. For animation, Just dial up at key frames wherever you feel movement needs to be applied.

2.jpg
    1075 x 882 - 315K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Hey cool man! Well done :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Nice thing about all this since it's Genesis clothing SHOULD follow along! :-)

edited January 2013

Yep it does:) Anyways The video is up. Nothing fancy, it just shows what can be done. I suck at animation:(
    To Daz admins, I added a nudity tag so please don't delete this link. If it does get deleted here, It can be viewed at the Renderosity thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNU2sPMur3A

Post edited by Zev0 on