What are your favorite pose packs?

13»

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,892

Yeah, it's a problem that I see in a lot of poses. The male figures look too effeminate. As a pose creator, I'm keenly aware of how men and women hold themselves differently in the real world and I try to translate that awareness to my poses. Sometimes, I'll admit, I don't alway succeed. But I do try to make my male poses look MALE and my female poses look REALISTICALLY female. (The hip thrusting that seems to be prevalent in a lot of the poses in the market has always bothered me. Not because of the hip thrusting, (because there is a time and a place, and it can be done well,) but rather because there seems to be too much of it, even in a basic standing pose.) 

Sorry, I got off on a tangent there. Getting poses correct is my passion.

• SkyewolfSkyewolf Posts: 473
    xyer0 said:

Sadly, I find G3M to be on the effeminate side just standing still so.....

He does have a tendency to be, doesn't he. It's more difficult to get a realistic "man" pose than it is to get a feminine pose for G3F.

• Even with the most perfectly thought-out action poses I've purchased, I will still add a small amount of motion blur to my 3DL renders or add it in postwork. Although you can capture split-second freeze frames in real life, most of the sport photography I'm influenced by has a degree of motion blur. It helps to tell the story that the photographer is trying to tell.

Regarding G3M - I've noticed the same effeminate quality as some posters here have, too. I thought it was because most of the skin textures I've seen in this generation (except for George's) look a bit "theatrical' to me. I haven't noticed it with the poses per se, but maybe that's because G3M poses are in short supply compared to G2F.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

I haven't noticed Genesis 3 male poses or character are particularly feminized myself.

Perhaps this is the hazzard though of basing these later  male characters on female ones, and using female skin resources for them.

Whatever the case, I love genesis 3 men. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

FeralFey, please tell me what boots you used on this. These poses were badly needed. They can be used for just about any work or for foraging. Thanks for making them.

xyer0 said:

FeralFey, please tell me what boots you used on this. These poses were badly needed. They can be used for just about any work or for foraging. Thanks for making them.

Thanks! You are welcome. I had been meaning to make some gardening poses for some time now, and when the Gardener's Potting Shed Tools was in the pipeline, I leapt at the chance to make these. 

I do have to say, though, unfortunately I was not responsible for the artwork on this set. But I will find out what those boots are, 'cause I think they look pretty good myself. :) I'll let you know.

• FeralFey said:
    xyer0 said:

Thanks! You are welcome. I had been meaning to make some gardening poses for some time now, and when the Gardener's Potting Shed Tools was in the pipeline, I leapt at the chance to make these. 

I do have to say, though, unfortunately I was not responsible for the artwork on this set. But I will find out what those boots are, 'cause I think they look pretty good myself. :) I'll let you know.

I've been looking for something like the gardening poses for some time with some pretty bad attempts of my own.  There is so little in the way of utilitazian poses working with things on the ground.

Separately I'd love to see a camping set ..  people sitting around and telling stories, flashlight on the face for ghost stories and so on..

FeralFey said:
    xyer0 said:

I've been looking for something like the gardening poses for some time with some pretty bad attempts of my own.  There is so little in the way of utilitazian poses working with things on the ground.

Separately I'd love to see a camping set ..  people sitting around and telling stories, flashlight on the face for ghost stories and so on..

Are you peeking at my build list? Lol. 

To be honest, this is actually on that list. Look for it soon.

• xyer0 said:

I think the boots might be from the Nomad set: http://www.daz3d.com/nomad-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-female-s

Yep, that's the boots all right. 

I asked Jen what the artist used, but the nomad set wasn't on the list, so I'm glad you said something, SuSoliel. I appreciate it.

• I don't buy as many pose packs as I used to since I do most of my own posing now.  I probably have at least one pose pack from every vendor that has them.  Back when I first started, I grabbed poses for everything when they were on sale.  By shear volume, I have more i13, FeralFey, and Capsces poses than any other as they are probably the most prolific pose vendors out there.  I have picked up a few Islandgirl poses since she moved over from RDNA.  Even though, I don't buy as many pose packs, I will get them if they have a bunch of poses that I just didn't think about and would like immediately as they are quicker than making my own.

When I'm looking at pose packs, I'll tend to buy more if there are poses for the guys.  Especially, sexy guy poses.  Second, after that, are poses for everyday scenes.  I don't do a lot of action adventure or super hero stuff.  I might explore that type of thing eventually, but that isn't what I do right now.  A lot of the poses I need, I haven't found for sale so I ended up learning how to do them myself.  Doing the posing myself definitely saves me money.

I used to say I would gravitate toward pose packs where there were lots of partial poses.  At this point, that doesn't bother me as much because I've learned how to save out partial poses so if I find something I like in a pose, but only part of it, I know how to save out just that part on my own now.  One caveat, if you do this, I would highly suggest making sure you note the vendor's name and what pose pack you got the partial from if you do this. Makes it easier to credit the vendor for the pose when you put your image in the gallery.  Even if I'm only using a part of the pose or I used a pose as a starting place, I like crediting the vendors of poses.  I don't think they get enough credit in the galleries.  Even though I don't use many poses as is and I do most of my own posing from scratch these days, when I do use a vendor pose, it's always nice to be able to credit their hard work.  Posing isn't easy for a lot of people.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
    FeralFey said:
    xyer0 said:

Thank you!

• FeralFey said:

Yep, that's the boots all right. 

I asked Jen what the artist used, but the nomad set wasn't on the list, so I'm glad you said something, SuSoliel. I appreciate it.

Glad to be able to add to the conversation. And, may I say, I'm loving, absolutely loving these garden poses! Thank you!