The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

We mananged to leave all my old camera equipment behind when we first moved up and over to where I am now (in Wales)   And there was a charity clearance scheduled to take all the stuff we had left behind, as we were downsizing from a 3/4 bed family house with 8 rooms to a small cottage.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    kyoto kid said:

...yeah, today if I sold my kit, I'd be lucky to get enough to buy myself a burger and pint of ale at a pub.  Sad,

There are days I loathe the tech curve.

That depends on what they are. Some of the old equipment has a high collector value..Rolleiflexes may be over $500 and one of the Angenieux lenses I have for my Exakta 35mm now sells for up to $10,000.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

My phone has a camera in it.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited January 2017

I sold all my darkroom stuff and most of my film cameras but I still have my Mamiya C-330 Twin Lens Reflex.  I bought it at a pawn shop 40+ years ago.  The shop had both the "normal" and the "portrait" lens assemblies but I thought I'd save money and only get the "normal" lens.  I've kicked myself ever since. frown  Nice camera but I haven't used it in 20 years.  I don't even know if 120 film is available anymore, or where to get it processed.  Plus the square image format is clumsy to work with except for certain subjects.

A quick check on e-bay found several C-330's with the "normal" lens.  Pristine condition C-330's with the "normal" lens were advertised at about $500 to $650.  Whereas "experienced" ones were anywhere from $75 to $250.  I didn't find any C-330 "portrait" lenses for sale.

In case anybody's interested and has a long reach, there's a Hasselblad floating loose somewhere in orbit. Or at least there was. surprise  Gemini 10, July 1966 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_10  (search for Hasselblad in "Objectives")

MamiyaC330.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 155K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

my bus was in a fender bender this morning.

wasn't so bad to walk the rest of the way to work, is a nicer day out than usual lately.

but i had a bit of tantrum this morning cuz no one i worked with could be spared to come pick me up.  needless to say, my work attitude a bit shitey today  mike foxtrot sierra

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited January 2017

I sold all my darkroom stuff and most of my film cameras but I still have my Mamiya C-330 Twin Lens Reflex.  I bought it at a pawn shop 40+ years ago.  The shop had both the "normal" and the "portrait" lens assemblies but I thought I'd save money and only get the "normal" lens.  I've kicked myself ever since. frown  Nice camera but I haven't used it in 20 years.  I don't even know if 120 film is available anymore, or where to get it processed.  Plus the square image format is clumsy to work with except for certain subjects.

When I got my first camera (a Rolleicord) I loved the square format and when I got my first 35mm it took awhile to get used to the new format; but now I like the 35mm format better.

Yes, 120 format film is still available but you have to get it by mail order from some place like Amazon or B&H Photo. The same is true with processing. There are some specialty places that will process it.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

happy trails and treasure trails  tee hee

edited January 2017

Rock on...

Post edited by TJohn on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Keep calm and drink more tea!

I think this may be KK as a child. wink

has the world changed so much?

was just realizing after this morning, my old job back in the 90s, we went out for lunch sometimes, stopped for a drink after work sometimes, a couple hours before catching the train home,

i don't see any of that at current place.
    break time, people are texting.  there's no social thing.

is that common at the workplace these days?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Dark and stormy night gave way to dark and stormy day with actual rain falling when the wind subsides - hopefully there will be enough rain to make puddles later on :0

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited January 2017
    MistyMist said:

was just realizing after this morning, my old job back in the 90s, we went out for lunch sometimes, stopped for a drink after work sometimes, a couple hours before catching the train home,

The modern world is indeed changing.  Soon so will our bodies.  We'll evolve another thumb on each hand, our mouths will devolve into an opening perfect for straws, our vocal chords will become vestigial, our legs will whither, we will be implanted with corrective lenses when born, our skin will be tanless from avoidance of ultra-violet rays.  We'll have to suck vitamin D tablets up the straw to counter the lack of sunlight.  Our vocabulary will continue to devolve until words larger than four letters will become obsolete.   And computers will do all the thinking.  And nobody seems to be worried about this.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I hope the washer is running so my laundry can get done.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited January 2017
    Tjohn said:

My camera has a phone in it :)

Iz a dramatic start to the day here...

33ak.jpg
    514 x 346 - 14K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    ps1borg said:
    Tjohn said:

My camera has a phone in it :)

My camera has phone in its name.

• MistyMist said:

The modern world is indeed changing.  Soon so will our bodies.  We'll evolve another thumb on each hand, our mouths will devolve into an opening perfect for straws, our vocal chords will become vestigial, our legs will whither, we will be implanted with corrective lenses when born, our skin will be tanless from avoidance of ultra-violet rays.  We'll have to suck vitamin D tablets up the straw to counter the lack of sunlight.  Our vocabulary will continue to devolve until words larger than four letters will become obsolete.   And computers will do all the thinking.  And nobody seems to be worried about this.

Well, aside from the thumbs, it has been the prediction for at least as long as I have been alive.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    MistyMist said:

Well, aside from the thumbs, it has been the prediction for at least as long as I have been alive.

So has the two day workweek...we see how that turned out!  Computers have not shortened the workweek.  They haven't lessened the stacks of paper produced in offices.  And we still don't actually have flying cars!  They've been in development and testing for decades!

Dana

MistyMist said:

Sounds like you've seen Wall-e. smiley 

• Tjohn said:
    MistyMist said:

Sounds like you've seen Wall-e. smiley 

Ah yup!

waitin for oven timer to ding 

when Michael8 comin out?  bored with g3

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    MistyMist said:

And will it work in Carrara?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited January 2017
    Tjohn said:

I think this may be KK as a child. wink

...close.

When I was a teenager I didn't lust after a car as much as a certain aeroplane.  I wanted a 1968 Turbocharged Cessna 210 Centurion.  6 place single engine cantilever wing (no wing struts) with a 1,200 NM range 240 knot cruise and capability to cruise above 25,000 ft (as long as you were on oxygen). It was basically the high performance "sportscar" of single engine aircraft of the time. Price in 1968, 18,000$.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    MistyMist said:

ps1borg said:

...seemed to have cleared up later as I was watching the "Open" at a pub this evening.

edited January 2017
    MistyMist said:

...please no, don't need G4 right now when I'm still waiting on Skin Builder Pro for G3 so I can acutally create more characters without having to purchase a bunch of morph sets just to get different skins..

Post edited by kyoto kid on

soggy Friday (TGIF)

couldn't find map on Melbourne's weather page, did see a Pollen Alert!

It is soggy here too

This discussion has been closed.