The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

?

C.

Dana

MistyMist said:

if yoo put a peach in a juicer machine, what happens to the pitt?

how many cranberries to get a cuppa juice?

i add peach shnapp to my iced tea, mebbe i should put fresh peach juice.

If you use the right machine, you get peach juice with fiber.  laugh

Dana

ps1borg said:

Morning. A mob of Rainbow Lorikeets like blobs of red and blue and yellow paint splashed across the green and gold of our old pear tree making for a technicolour start to the day here :)

Makes me want to see a photo of that scene!

Dana

Tjohn said:

Oogie woogie ittle doggi-woggie!

Cute-O-Meter just broke!  laugh 

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...well today was an interesting exercise in frustration. Had to go to a medical evaluation for my Disability appeal.  Now I knew that buses would be off schedule so I left earlier than I usually would have. THe Trip normally would have taken around 30 minutes with one bus connection, so I figured let's give it an hour.

So at ten minutes to 13:00 I leave the house to catch a bus that according to the latest tracking information would show up about 5 min after the hour. At ten minutes after it showed up totally crowded but the tracker indicated there was another bus only a few minutes behind (still plenty of time to male my connection). When that bus approached I noticed it had on the destination Marquee "Drop Off Only" and in spite of the fact I was the only one at the stop and the bus was empty she drove by motioning with her thumb there was a bus behind her.  Well there was, in another fifteen minutes (that turned into twenty minutes). When that bus arrived it too was packed and there were at least a dozen people waiting at the stop to get on. I noticed there we another bus behind by 2 min so decided to wait for that one, and when it arrived, thankfully it was not just dropping people off like that other one that passed me by.

...it gets worse.

Considering the situation I already dealt with, I decided to opt for a slightly different routing as the bus I would usually connect to runs 30 min apart on Saturdays on a "good day" and has to deal with a very busy railway crossing that often has long slow freight trains passing through. So I stay on and go to that next route only to find it is horribly delayed..  Gritting my teeth I decide to  take another bus into downtown that showed up figuring I could catch an LRT tram there back out to my destination that stopped right in front.  So I get into teh city centre and to where the Tram lines run on the transit mall only to find out the one I needed to take wouldn't show up for another 28 minutes. The one that I saw approaching turned well before where I had to go which meant I had to either walk a ong way (something I didn't want to do as most of the sidewalks were covered with thick uneven ice) or make yet another connection to get to my destination (4 changes in total now). Already nearly 20 min late (I did call ahead ane let them know I was on the way) I got on that one, made the extra transfer and finally got to my destination a full two hours after I left home.

...for a what usually is 25 - 30 min trip.

After I went through the preliminary exam I was given some paperwork and told that next I had to go to different location in the city for the X-rays and scans.  Already having spent an epic amount of time just getting to the first location, I was in no way going to deal with any more travel other than going back home, particularly since my ticket's duration (2h:30m) had expired and would not only would have to pay another fare to get to the second location but most likely with the way things were going, a third to get back home from there. Fortunately I was told that I had five days to get the X-rays and scans done (with the holiday on Monday that gave me until Friday which by then, all the ice & such would be gone due to temps in the 50s and heavy rains on Tuesday). So I decided to cut my losses and head home

The trip home was no where near as bad in comparison to getting there as when I walked out of the building, a bus on the route I originally was going to take was approaching and it made a decent connection with the one to get me back home. Even with the slower speeds and having to let one overcrowded bus go by, the return trip took me only about 40 min.

...and people wonder why I dislike winter and left Wisconsin (although there, all the streets would be ploughed, the walks cleared and buses running on schedule). 

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

It hit 100% after 4 minutes.... so why is it still going?!?

This is starting to really tick me off.  It does this every time now.  I have to force shut down Daz every time I try to do a DB Maintenance.  That's probably what corrupted CMS and made me have to reinstall Daz a few days ago, yet it is still doing this.

Grrrrrrr......  angry

DB Maintenance.jpg
    366 x 360 - 24K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited January 2017

Default everything iz quite good out of the box I thought

http://www.daz3d.com/movie-sets-river-front

RS108021.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 114K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited January 2017
    Stryder87 said:

This is starting to really tick me off.  It does this every time now.  I have to force shut down Daz every time I try to do a DB Maintenance.  That's probably what corrupted CMS and made me have to reinstall Daz a few days ago, yet it is still doing this.

Grrrrrrr......  angry

cupcakes good for most occasions

ccc.jpg
    268 x 188 - 4K
    edited January 2017
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Morning. A mob of Rainbow Lorikeets like blobs of red and blue and yellow paint splashed across the green and gold of our old pear tree making for a technicolour start to the day here :)

Dana

got some photos somewhere, found one anyhow slurping on our pears !

LOrikeet3.jpg
    990 x 743 - 101K
  • DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Dana

OMG!!!  Tribbles have eyes! surprise

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2017
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

saw this and thought of Leela first,  https://www.amazon.com/Personalized-Name-Butterfly-Wall-Decal/dp/B018OJP0OO ;
    i thought of my young cousin 2nd. smiley

...agh, all I get is a "sorry cannot find that page" error with a pic of a Corgi on it.

Leela is pouting now.

flutterby wall decal smiley

Post edited by Mistara on

lil pet peeve, when a promo shows character leaning or head tilted, but the hair is glued defing gravity

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Pretty birds!

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Dana

OMG!!!  Tribbles have eyes! surprise

laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  

Dana

edited January 2017
    Stryder87 said:

Grrrrrrr......  angry

..I stopped using Smart Content a long time ago as it just took up too much screen real estate. I have custom runtimes and the Daz library itself is pretty well organised.  Of course I come form the days of DOS when searching for something was a lot more difficult so you learned how to customise your directories to make finding what you needed more efficient.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

saw this and thought of Leela first,  https://www.amazon.com/Personalized-Name-Butterfly-Wall-Decal/dp/B018OJP0OO ;
    i thought of my young cousin 2nd. smiley

...agh, all I get is a "sorry cannot find that page" error with a pic of a Corgi on it.

Leela is pouting now.

flutterby wall decal smiley

...sweet, OK have to make a decal of that and put it on the wall of Leela's bedroom set. Also need a "glowstar" for the wall by the door.

MistyMist said:

lil pet peeve, when a promo shows character leaning or head tilted, but the hair is glued defing gravity

...I run into that a lot with a number of hair content which doesn't include full movement morphs. This is why I am trying to get better with Garibaldi hair so I can pose it correctly.  More work but more real at the same time (though can only render it in 3DL as for Iray I have to import as a .obj which seriously increases the polycount).

kyoto kid said:
    Stryder87 said:

Grrrrrrr......  angry

..I stopped using Smart Content a long time ago as it just took up too much screen real estate. I have custom runtimes and the Daz library itself is pretty well organised.  Of course I come form the days of DOS when searching for something was a lot more difficult so you learned how to customise your directories to make finding what you needed more efficient.

++1 organizing

beeen building my r/t schema since poser3, last thing i want is the internet updating my content.
    prolly jinxing myself, i've never had to rebuild my runtimes, 
    every pc i have has an e: partition.  the root of e: looks like
    C85
    C8LIB
    DS
    DSLIB
    PSLIB
    QS - cms 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,687

I downloaded too much on my tablet.  Not bad stuff but things like videos and audiobooks and stuff like that.  My tablet only has so much space and that is a tiny amount compared to a TB my desktop could handle.

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Pretty birds!

Dana

They make a real racket like a hundred squeaky wheels or a thousand fingernails scratching on a blackboard. The pear tree is three or four times bigger than a normal pyrrus communis & I guess from the numbers there is more than one flock of lorikeets hanging around in the canopy altho is dofficult to see right now, they start at the very treetop and eat their way down over a couple of weeks :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Winch. Not wench.

One of these serves beer. Lots of beer. The other is a winch.

Oh... My bad.  I wasn't sure winch one you meant.  blush

PS: I googled "wench" and it said "a girl or young woman who is a servant.",  are you sure you got the right images.devil  Yeah, yeah, I know, but look, I'm nearly 70 and even I can't even qualify her according to that definition.surprise

PPS:  Oh, and the image below is the result of operating your winch after spending too much time in the pub with a wench.  However, I still say that a "communal winch" is something else. wink

Carrying 12 tankards of beer trumps (no, not that one) most things in my book!

kyoto kid said:
    Chohole said:

Told my mum that I wanted to have a deep uninterupted conversation starting Sunday at 4:40 PM.   However I think she has something she might want to watch at that time.

Guessing what the sporting event is, there was a time (probably 20-odd years ago now) that I'd have stayed up to watch it. I was nominally a Cowboys supporter, since the company I worked for back then had an office in Dallas and I went out there a few times. But it goes on till 4am and these days I simply can't be arsed. I recorded it last year, but I still haven't watched it. It's a sport I much prefer to see live. The NFL has a few exhibition games in the UK during the summer (slightly shorter pitch since they have to convert regular football stadia), and I've enjoyed those the times I got to go. :)

AS a Rugby Fan I will stay out of this conversation.  Real men play rugby.

I was excused rugby at school. I guess that says a lot!

(it was actually cos I broke my neck at the age of 7. Not a lot of people know this, but my head is held on with duct tape . . .)

No wonder your avatar does not have a neck (or actually a body either)

Yup, I am just a nose, and everything else is draped over and tied with string. Yet despite all that, it is an uncanny likeness!

Mummy!!!

...new version of FF acting weird again.  The entire menu bar above the tabs just completely greyed out for no reason even though pages and tabs function normally and there is no "Not Responding" message.  Pretty certain it must be bloating and hitting up against the 2 GB memory limit of my 32 bit notebook.  This is why I was so reluctant to update it all these years.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited January 2017
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Pretty birds!

Dana

They make a real racket like a hundred squeaky wheels or a thousand fingernails scratching on a blackboard. The pear tree is three or four times bigger than a normal pyrrus communis & I guess from the numbers there is more than one flock of lorikeets hanging around in the canopy altho is dofficult to see right now, they start at the very treetop and eat their way down over a couple of weeks :)

A great many birds are very pretty in pictures.  Then you experience them in person and they turn into dinosaurs.  Back in a previous century when I was a photographer I had a gig with a guy who trained parrots and the like.  He had a house full of macaws, cockatoos, etc.  My pictures were very pretty but I absolutely loathed being around them.  Noisy, nasty creatures.  Totally turned me off ever having a bird for a pet.  I think the Austrialian Aborigine's word for those little parakeet things is "budgerigar", meaning "good food".  A good thing to do with them if you have millions of them in a harsh and unforgiving land. yes

Just imagine an Austrailian Thanksgiving feast with a hundred sizzling, golden brown birds the size of small walnuts on a platter, all lovingly stuffed with a bread crumb or two.  And you could use the leg bones as toothpicks afterward. devil

You could even cover them in chocolate and sell them at the same place where you get "Crunchy Frog" and "Lark's Vomit" chocolates. indecision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs8KNgT-kqo

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

i rearranged my room to hookup my xbox, too tired to turn it on now

got stuff i dont need taking up space, but it's stuff cant bring myself to throw out.

edited January 2017

...well Green Bay moves on to the NFC Championship after holding off Dallas 34 - 31. One step from the Superbowl (still have to defeat Atlanta next week) 

OK I know it's sports and the only other person who liked talking about it is no longer here, but it gives me a little something to be happy about.

Tracked back through NFL history and there were some interesting teams back in the old days, like the Dayton Triangles, Boston Yanks, Akron Pros, Minneapolis Marines, Providence Steamroller, Staten Island Stapeltons, Pottsville Maroons, and Newark Tornadoes (all who played against the Packers).  Some teams even shared the same name with the local baseball clubs like the Brooklyn Dodgers, Cincinnati Reds, and Pittsburgh Pirates (who are now known as the Steelers).

The Packers were also not the only "game in town" in Wisconsin durong those early years as Milwaukee, Racine, and Kenosha all hosted their own NFL clubs. 

While going though the early history, the most unlikely name for a football team I came across was the Fairies (Beloit WI) which existed in the years prior to formation of the NFL.  They were the only team to defeat the Packers during Green Bay's first two seasons as a professional football club in 1919 and 1920. The name was most likely derived form the company that sponsored them, Fairbanks Morse, which was a maker of gas and diesel engines for industry and agriculture at the time. FM is best known for building diesel engines for submarines in WW II and early diesel rail locomotives including the classic streamline diesels used on the Milwaukee Road Hiawathas.

Of all the early "small town" NFL teams, the Packers are the only ones who survived and remain in the city where they were founded. Today Green Bay WI is the smallest market to host an NFL team (population of around 100,000). They have no dopey mascot no "professional" team cheerleaders (two local college squads take to the field for home games), and are the only publicly owned professional major league sports organisation in the nation.

The three oldest teams in the league are

The Chicago Bears (1919) which started as the Decatur Staleys, (named after their company sponsor the Staley Food Co.)

The Green Bay Packers (1919) Originally the Acme Packers.

The Arizona Cardinals (1898) which began as the Morgan Athletic club, then the Racine Street Cardinals (after the  street in Chicago their field was on), and in 1922 renamed the Chicago Cardinals (to avoid confusion with another league team located in Racine WI).  The franchise moved to St Louis in 1960 and then to it's present home in 1988.

Remember this if you ever find yourself in a triva contest.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

Saw the GB/Dallas game. Was afraid it was going into OT. smiley I hate when that happens. Yay Sports!

...yeah the league still hasn't come up with a good solution for overtime. The NFL's new structure really isn't much different than the old "sudden death" (first team to score wins).  The only change is that if the team which scores first does so with a field goal the other team gets a chance to counter. However if the first team with the ball scores a touchdown the game is over and the other team doesn't get a chance. They should either do it like in college football where both teams get an equal opportunity and once one fails to match or out score the other then the game ends, or just play a full regular 15 minute quarter.

Tjohn said:

Saw the GB/Dallas game. Was afraid it was going into OT. smiley I hate when that happens. Yay Sports!

Add a velcro strip around the outside to attach the ball and you could have a viable game . . . The velcro strip should be able to attach players too, then you could mount a proper "wall" defence, have a cluster bomb attack, and all sorts. Could be quite a fun game!

tempted by kewl toy in fg  gonna reward myself for throwing out stuff i'm clinging to, uncling lingcay

This discussion has been closed.