Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• Try clicking Download Filters and then checking Connect Installed - for some of us the main installer is being incorrectly flagged and won't show in DIM without that option (plus the usual ones which you must have to be seeing the beta) set.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    Granville said:

I can confirm that Infinity Cove from render studio is wonky.

And I use it all the time in my renders, well used, I can not now since it looks horrible.

I filed a ticket to tech support , I guess I hear after the weekend, was told it would be tested.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,758

Try clicking Download Filters and then checking Connect Installed - for some of us the main installer is being incorrectly flagged and won't show in DIM without that option (plus the usual ones which you must have to be seeing the beta) set.

Sorry, can't find it. I can only find public builds or DSpro, which is a zip file labeled as 4.5.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    edited January 2017

I am confused. So where can I download the general this release? The DIM only shows the 4.9.3.166 public build. The product library also shows only the 4.9.3.166 version, when I type "DAZ Studio" as a search filter. When I start the installer it shows again, that this is the public build. So where is the general release DS4.9.3 ? ... please?

I think what you're seeing is the general release. See the very top of the first official announcement post in this thread:

Daz 3D is pleased to announce Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro General Release!

• Version: 4.9.3.166
    • Date: January 5, 2017

If that's not it then someone needs a kick up the bum.

(edit: just to be clear, I'm referring to what's in the Product Library. I know nothing of DIM)

Post edited by Peter Fulford on

Thank you. So this is the general release, but still labeled as public build?

• Thank you. So this is the general release, but still labeled as public build?

Can't say about DIM, but my Product Library make no reference to "public build". It just lists (for example)  "DAZStudio_4.9.3.166_Win64.exe"

Same version as announced at the top of the thread.

edited January 2017

Thank you. So this is the general release, but still labeled as public build?

Can't say about DIM, but my Product Library make no reference to "public build". It just lists (for example)  "DAZStudio_4.9.3.166_Win64.exe"

Same version as announced at the top of the thread.

<beeeep> deleted O.K. : now I've got it. The installer still gives the public beta path, but yes it is the general release. The world is fine again. :-)

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • After fiddling around for a while I think I have figured out how to HIDE Vendor Categories, you have to use the Content Library > Categories and DELETE them there. As the documentation states, they are not DELETED, but rather marked as hidden. In this way you can move all of the items to the desired category of your choosing  and then DELETE the Categories you no longer want to look at. So far this method is working fairly consistently for me.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

Read the "Database Driven Content Views" section on the New Features page, here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/new_features/start#daz_connect1

---

When the "Show Hidden Vendor Categorizations" preference is checked, all asset categorizations show up regardless of what you've modified because that is what checking the option so named, does. When the preference is unchecked and you remove an asset from a category (as defined by the vendor/store), that particular categorization is hidden (instead of deleted) in favor of whatever custom categorization you've defined.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

One of the best iray engines so far , it is a beast on my system regarding real time rendering and rendering speed overall , I was waiting for months for that , so great start for 2017 !  I am back on the track !

My favorite : spectral rendering #1 , Cameras and lenses option ! especially Lens radial blur , Shutter blades etc.. and spherical VR camera .

Happy New Year Everyone !

Cath

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    MEC4D said:

One of the best iray engines so far , it is a beast on my system regarding real time rendering and rendering speed overall , I was waiting for months for that , so great start for 2017 !  I am back on the track !

My favorite : spectral rendering #1 , Cameras and lenses option ! especially Lens radial blur , Shutter blades etc.. and spherical VR camera .

Cath

Great to see you on the forums again. Glad to hear you're "back on the track."

Happy New Year to you, as well. Hugs.

-Anita

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    MEC4D said:

Cath

And the same for you! And looking foreward to more of your glorious tuts, as now I'm able to properly follow them (The Zbrush/GPU rendering)

*Throws flowers in general direction!

Awww sweet , thank you both ! I could not resist the new engine is a game changer  al last for me , got inspired again :) see you around !

L'Adair said:
    MEC4D said:

Cath

Great to see you on the forums again. Glad to hear you're "back on the track."

Happy New Year to you, as well. Hugs.

-Anita

MEC4D said:

Cath

And the same for you! And looking foreward to more of your glorious tuts, as now I'm able to properly follow them (The Zbrush/GPU rendering)

*Throws flowers in general direction!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Guess it was too much to hope for the 3DL shadow instances bug to get fixed.

(If you use instances in 3DL and use High Resolution on the objects, none of the instances or original object cast shadows. Been like that for at least a year)

Also disappointed that the spherical camera, which is incredible, is also Iray only.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,667

Is this new release still working with LAMH or it needs an update?

• Hi all. I just got 4.9 (64bit Windows) last night using install manager.. do I need to also install the default resourse package and scene builder?

• Yep.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,667

Well, decided to try myself since I still have old daz studio installers to fall back on, so far LAMH seems to work just fine :D

• edited January 2017

Yep.

If the yep was to me..then thank you, Doc

Post edited by michaelxm_a1dddd836b on
  • Yes it was. Sorry, I was multi-tasking :)

• Have the default resourse package and scene builder files changed? The files showing in my product library have the same names as the files I have previously downloaded.

• Have the default resourse package and scene builder files changed? The files showing in my product library have the same names as the files I have previously downloaded.

Not lately no.

• MoussoMousso Posts: 237

I noticed that previously saved Shapes are not working since I updated. 

Genesis 3 will export at a higher mesh resolution than the usual 2498KB. Now its 2722KB even after restarting DS and PC.

And morph loader either stopped working or I'm doing something wrong because it doesnt save imported morphs. What is this Attenuate by feature?

1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 319K
    2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 113K
    3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 311K
  • MoussoMousso Posts: 237

Okay I deleted this update and reinstalled the older version. Now everything is working and the mesh is back to 2498KB and morph loader pro can finally save.

There are a lot of bugs with this update but Iray is better and faster than in previous versions. But sadly that doesnt help me with my work :/

I wonder if other content creators have the same issues I did. 

4.png
    1920 x 1080 - 150K
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2017
    Arnold C said:

With cms off you're not having any load issues in your content library? Cms on is doing fine for me, a touch slow but improved. What should I look for in order to locate my PostgreSQL CMS database?

No issues with CMS off. It's a bit slower for having to scan the directories everytime anew, though. I did put my PostgreSQL CMS database on my D: drive, just beside my Content Library.

I did this a long time ago because of Windows' sometimes overprotective behaviour when something or someone wants to access and/or alter files on the system drive. An additional plus is that you wont have to set up everything anew if you have to set up your Windows OS again when broken. All I'd have to do in that case is install DAZ Studio again after setting up a fresh Win7, the Content Library and CMS database still exist in their last states and will work like nothing did happen. It saves you hours of reinstalling and reoganizing your Content Library.

Still having the same issue after moving cms next to my content library. Cms on however seems faster than before. It had been on my C drive, its now on my SSD.

Oh well, wrote a ticket. Thanks for the help.

This issue was confirmed by tech support and is now in bug tracker.

Turning off cms causes performance issue in ds.

Post edited by AnotherUserName on

I was just working with and manual export/import and Goz working just fine also, so the exported files are correct at 2.7 MB ,however you can't save the morphs , after exporting/saving  the morphs and loading Genesis 3 there was no folders or morphs :( definitelly a bug 

Styxx said:

Genesis 3 will export at a higher mesh resolution than the usual 2498KB. Now its 2722KB even after restarting DS and PC.

And morph loader either stopped working or I'm doing something wrong because it doesnt save imported morphs. What is this Attenuate by feature?

• Styxx said:

Attenuate by allows you to be selective about which part of a morph is loaded - there are numerous options if expand it and click the current setting, including using weight maps. As a result you can use, shape permitting, a single file for head and body moprhs or to create separate left and right morphs (the Morph Mirroring option can also help here).

I didn't have a G3F sahpe to test, but I had no trouble loading a G2F shape as a morph.

• MEC4D said:

I was just working with and manual export/import and Goz working just fine also, so the exported files are correct at 2.7 MB ,however you can't save the morphs , after exporting/saving  the morphs and loading Genesis 3 there was no folders or morphs :( definitelly a bug 

Styxx said:

I was able to save the test shape I loaded above as a morph asset, and it reloaded, so the issue may be path or figure specific or depend on soem other option.

edited January 2017

Ok found out what was going on , I did not noticed that the selected export folder for morphs (ASSET FOLDER ) was My Content Library , in place of My Library where I have my G3 , after I switched the folder in the export window and saved ,the morph loaded as well so everything is working fine ! 

so please dismiss my last post , no bug found :) 

Post edited by MEC4D on

It not really matter here as my size of the file was 2.7 MB as well , but the poly count was the same so morphs loaded without issues , different export option may change the file size as more info/data is added to the obj  with different options .

and all you need to pay attention to is poly count matching with the original base . 

Styxx said: