For users of DAZ History Manager

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The filter appears to be built in to the Forum software, it is not something that DAZ 3D has added. DAZ 3D is unfortunately not immune from spam.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,712
    edited December 2012

JeanneM said:
    Taozen said:
    The browser auto-login in History Manager should have been fixed now, so it should work on all machines. If the login fields in the left side of the program are filled in, the browser should now log in automatically when you click the "Log In Browser" button.

Updated version can be downloaded here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0539a.zip

It did that already on my machine. I'm sorry I didn't reply at your first post about this auto login but somehow I didn't receive notifications anymore :(
    Anyhow, it works fantastic, all of them do. Your contentdownloader saves me a lot of time, thank you very, very much!! Now only DAZ has to continue the naming as it had for the MAC and the PC items! Now your program can't find all the mac-files (I'm on a windows machine) to filter them out. My downloadable products have reached 195 items again! (only because reset in the History Manager works great!! ;) )

Oh, I'm using the downloader at renderosity also now and there too it works like a charm, even with the few things I get it's much easier. :)
    And I forgot to test them at RDNA, next time I'll remember.

Love, Jeanne
    edited to ask: Is it maybe possible the password wil stay in the content downloader also? TIA

Thanks for the feedback. :) I found a couple of lines of old code that read some data from the browser, but those data wasn't used for anything anymore. So I deleted them to see what happened, and that solved the problem. I have no idea though why it only affected some machines. I have two identical machines, both with XP, before it worked on one of them but not the other. Now it works on both. Things are unpredictable sometimes.

As for the PC / Mac files, yea I know the problem, but DAZ file naming has become so inconsistent that it's more or less impossible to make filters that are both reliable and precise. There is a risk that some files that should be listed may be caught by the filters so you'll miss them. The current filters are probably the most reliable you can get in that respect, in that they let anything pass through which they do not recognize.

The save password thing is already on the list, so that will be in one of the next versions.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 2012

chohole said:
    The filter appears to be built in to the Forum software, it is not something that DAZ 3D has added.

I know, but I think the forum developers could have done a better job here. Or DAZ could have chosen another forum. But maybe it was part of the Magento package.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    chohole said:
    The filter appears to be built in to the Forum software, it is not something that DAZ 3D has added.

I know, but I think the forum developers could have done a better job here. Or DAZ could have chosen another forum. But maybe it was part of the Magento package.

I am afraid it is Magento ...
    No doubt Daz developers are very happy with Magento just now ... the store and the forum.
    7 months ...
    OK, it did get better, but there is still much to ask for.
    Which is why I am thankful for your software!

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Taozen said:
    chohole said:

I am afraid it is Magento ...
    No doubt Daz developers are very happy with Magento just now ... the store and the forum.
    7 months ...
    OK, it did get better, but there is still much to ask for.
    Which is why I am thankful for your software!

You're welcome! Yea, wonder when they get it all straightened out. Looks to me like new problems appear all the time.

edited December 1969

Well, finally about to have the History Manager updated to include bundle check. If someone want's to give the latest build a test run it would be great. Can be downloaded here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0539b-TEST_VERSION.zip

The bundle data is based on AndyBerlin's FWB page with his kind permission:

http://home.arcor.de/familie.reichow/3D/fwb1.html

However, the current data file is an XML file Andy sent me a couple of weeks ago and it has not been updated since the "Frankie Bundle", so it won't work for any bundles newer than that. I've asked him if he had an update but I haven't heard from him for some time, so I'll try to update it myself one of the next days...

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

seems to work perfectly on my mac using the latest version of crossover. No fiddling around and no windows installation required either.
    Thanks.
    Love esther

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,878
    edited December 2012

Taozen said:
    Well, finally about to have the History Manager updated to include bundle check. If someone want's to give the latest build a test run it would be great.

Hi Taozen,

Not sure what I'm testing.

The update works fine in Windows 7 64bit. Just not sure what has been updated. Is the xml meant to be included or is this a test of the program to have the bundle info added later?

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited December 2012

well say you purchased a bundle including hiro 3, and then you forget you own hiro 3 and put just hiro 3 in your cart (not the bundle again). Previously you wouldn't have known you had bought it because hiro 3 was part of a bundle. this new version will warn you that you have hiro 3 already.
    Love esther
    (Ps even on a mac)

Post edited by esther on
    edited December 1969

Ah I see, it is the 'Check cart for duplicates' now being checked against bundle contents. Thanks for the explanation esther.

Brilliant update Taozen, many thanks for continuing to include additional functions to an already essential program.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. (I have WIn7 ultimate 64.) I downloaded the test into a separate area and it pulled up exactly the same items as were in my regular version. Count is the same and I spot checked a bunch of items I know I got in bundles (and definitely have) and can't see any of them showing up. These are older bundle items too: Slicer in the Hiro 4 Pro Bundle, for example, since I almost bought that one by accident the other day, Gabi in the V5 starter bundle and Tori in the V5 Pro bundle, Spinosaurus in the predator Vs Prey...

edited December 1969

I can't test just now, but I added 4 new bundles to the thread here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1779/#196527

edited December 1969

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. (I have WIn7 ultimate 64.) I downloaded the test into a separate area and it pulled up exactly the same items as were in my regular version. Count is the same and I spot checked a bunch of items I know I got in bundles (and definitely have) and can't see any of them showing up. These are older bundle items too: Slicer in the Hiro 4 Pro Bundle, for example, since I almost bought that one by accident the other day, Gabi in the V5 starter bundle and Tori in the V5 Pro bundle, Spinosaurus in the predator Vs Prey...

Cybersox, you appear to be making the same assumption I initially did.

The bundles items do not show in your items list, however, if you add an item to your cart via the program and hit the 'Check cart for duplicates' button it will tell you if you bought it before. The old version did this but not for bundle contents.

I bought the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle. To check I today added Stephanie 5 standalone to my cart and checked for duplicates and sure enough there it was, listed and what bundle it was in. The program would not have been able to tell me that yesterday. Hell, even DAZ couldn't tell me that when they had the original functionality on the website.

Major step forward as far as I'm concerned.

edited December 2012

Sorry for being a bit unclear. Yes it is the "Check cart for duplicates" feature that has been updated. I hope this screenshot explains everything:

bundlecheckinfo2.jpg
    659 x 487 - 175K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 2012

I am testing right now. I checked in, downloaded the current history and what I bought just now wasn't in it. Then I clicked: check for duplicates and it told me to save the history first. So I clicked Save/Update History then it said: there's nothing to save, login first.

Then I finished my order, had paid via PayPal and have to confirm after payment (a bit odd I think but there are more stores that do that, has to do with the direct pay per PayPal I guess)
    Then I downloaded my current history again and there were my new goodies in it. But, since my cart is empty now I can't check of course. :lol: I thought, maybe because I didn't finish the payment ritual totally, it could check for duplicates but you have to do that before you pay... logically! :P

Anyhow, I'll put something in my cart now, something I know I bought it already as a single item and I know I bought it in the last mfd bundle, if that already has added to the list. Well, I'll find out soon enough

Love, Jeanne

Post edited by Jeanne M on
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I get the same message: History not found!
    Please Log In, Get History List, and Save History
    But I just id that, twice. When I try to save I get: Nothing to save!
    Please Log In and Download Current History first...
    Dit that too already twice and the history shows in the window

I unpacked the test zip in a different folder. I'll look and see if the previous version still works.

edited December 1969

that happened to me the very first time I tried to use it, but since then no troubles at all. perhaps there is a lag and it takes it some time to gather the data that it needs. try doing things again but more slowly.

edited December 1969

esther said:
    that happened to me the very first time I tried to use it, but since then no troubles at all. perhaps there is a lag and it takes it some time to gather the data that it needs. try doing things again but more slowly.

LOL that's a nice thing to say, to me especially. I often hear, don't be so slow doing things!! Please, hurry up a bit!! (forget the please they don't say that actually :lol: )

I'll give it another try, have to get the downloader to work also, there's a lot of downloading to do... :)

Love, Jeanne
    edited December 1969

yes, there sure is. Hurry up!

edited December 2012

:lol:
    Done already! No, not the downloading, just put him to work, I'm good at that, putting others to work I mean ;)

The historymanager worked like a charm once I slowed down a bit, :) It found the duplicate in a bundle, not the last one because Kerya added that one to the list just now ;-) but the other one it did, I didn't even know it was in that bundle! Once the downloads are in, I'll check if the History manager also finds Victoria 4, I think I got that a couple of times over the years in different bundles and as a single item if memory serves me well.

Off, to save some productpages and promos and the likes. Bundles are fun and nice but besides all the downloading, I want those things for my administration also. I hope I'll find some time to play with the new stuff.... Oh I forgot, we're having probably just noodles or spaghetti for Christmas dinner so I'll have time then to play :lol:

Love, Jeanne

Post edited by Jeanne M on
    edited December 1969

glad you got it working. Tao is my hero!

edited December 1969

Yeah, mine too! :)

edited December 2012

JeanneM said:
    I am testing right now. I checked in, downloaded the current history and what I bought just now wasn't in it. Then I clicked: check for duplicates and it told me to save the history first. So I clicked Save/Update History then it said: there's nothing to save, login first.
    You must save the history as soon as you have downloaded it, before doing anything else, otherwise you'll get that message. You should keep it updated anyway (e.g. after each purchase) otherwise the data are unreliable.

Maybe I should make it auto save history after download.

Then I downloaded my current history again and there were my new goodies in it. But, since my cart is empty now I can't check of course. :lol:

You can just put the same items in your cart again and then check for duplicates.

EDIT: Just remember that the duplicate check data are not quite up to date, but i'm working on it...

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Thanks. Are you doing it manually?

edited December 2012

Taozen said:
    Sorry for being a bit unclear. Yes it is the "Check cart for duplicates" feature that has been updated. I hope this screenshot explains everything:

Well... that's a little better. Ironically, I had thought to try the check cart option last night, but it seems that there are some big holes in the net: Specifically, the dinosaurs in the Predator Vs. Prey bundle, which were what I was mainly using as a test last night, still don't show up. Nor do the items in Think Outside the Box 3. On the other hand, the items in the basic bundles like V5, F4 do seem to come up if it searches for a goodly bit, but it's pretty sluggish and it's much faster to simply look for the items on my excel spread sheet.

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 2012

You're right - it misses half of the items of the Predator/Prey bundle I can see. The reason for that is that DAZ has changed the names of the rest (appended a "DR" to the name), since the bundle was added to the database. The database should include alternative/changed product names but apparently some are missing.

It's fixed now for that bundle, but I don't know how many other bundles it may affect. So i'm going to shift to SKU checking instead, I've found a way to do that and that should be reliable.

I'll get back as soon as I have an update, and suggest not using this test version anymore.

Thanks everyone for testing...

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    It's fixed now for that bundle, but I don't know how many other bundles it may affect. So i'm going to shift to SKU checking instead, I've found a way to do that and that should be reliable.

As long as it catches the cases where the skus have changed, (which has happened a few times when free items become paid items, like the morphing python,) or that have no skus at all (like the genitalia and some items now included in bundles that used to be stand-alones,) that should work. Well, mostly, because then there's the items that used to be given out in the Platinum forums or at conventions, and freebies from 3D world, etc...

Don't get me wrong, I love this program and just for resetting for downloads alone, it's a lifesaver. However, I've found it best to use it as a quick spot check and look up tool while putting a cart together, and then to go to the excel file fora final check. If I could ask for one feature, it would be the way to create an auxiliary database to put the items that won't come up in a sales report in.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The database layout seems to be different -- I loaded my old database in this version and the dates showed up in the item name column.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Kerya said:

Thanks. Are you doing it manually?

Yes - I couldn't find another way ...

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    As long as it catches the cases where the skus have changed, (which has happened a few times when free items become paid items, like the morphing python,) or that have no skus at all (like the genitalia and some items now included in bundles that used to be stand-alones,) that should work. Well, mostly, because then there's the items that used to be given out in the Platinum forums or at conventions, and freebies from 3D world, etc...

Have any SKUs changed since they introduced the latest format with digits only?

If I could ask for one feature, it would be the way to create an auxiliary database to put the items that won't come up in a sales report in.
    Not sure what you mean here?