mcjTemplate comes to Daz Studio 4.5 (Updated April 2017)

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601
edited April 2017 in Freebies

download here --> https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjtemplate

Introduction

Since Daz Studio version 3, we can preview the UV maps of objects in the scene.

But this display's resolution is smaller than what is needed for precision texturing.

mcjTemplate lets you export those UV maps ( aka Templates) as high or very high resolution images

i can now confirm that this script for DS4.5 will work with DS4.0

and i can confirm that installing DS4.0 will uninstall DS4.5
after i tested the script, i copied the whole DS4.0/32-bit folder from c:\Program Files(x86)\Daz3D to c:\Program Files(x86)
and re-installed DS4.5/32bit , and the good news is, the stashed DS4.0 still works, and the DS4.5/64bit was unharmed

( i updated this as part of modeling Aiko3's bodyConscious dress so it's a valid excuse )

shown below a map of the materials for Aiko3's body

Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

You rawk... you really do! This is something I've needed for a while, gonna make my life quite a bit easier! :)

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

The one that's up there now is still just the old one: is there an estimate on what time to expect it?

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601
    edited December 1969

The one that's up there now is still just the old one: is there an estimate on what time to expect it?

this afternoon, probably less than an hour or 2 from now

the case of maps for selected materials already works

i'm working on selections by figures or bones

edited December 2012

Yay !

Render-selected-nodes started working

Below you see a 1kx1k map for Aiko3's abdomen

For the second image i selected the over-the-knee boots for Aiko3 figure, so it created a map combining all materials, all bones

mcjTemplateDS45.dsa_.png
    91 x 91 - 8K
    mcjt.png
    406 x 412 - 18K
    bootz.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 247K
    armband.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 39K
    edited December 1969

'tis ready ( though only 3 tests were performed )

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    You rawk... you really do! This is something I've needed for a while, gonna make my life quite a bit easier! :)

'tis ready,

though i didnt test it very much
    but i was able to render maps for selected material / bone / figure

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much! Much appreciated!

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577
    edited June 2016

A quick hack to make it work with UDIM. Provided in Unix patch format, otherwise all you need to do is add the two new statements to uvLine.

diff -Naur a/scripts/mcasual/mcjTemplateDS45.dsa b/scripts/mcasual/mcjTemplateDS45.dsa--- a/scripts/mcasual/mcjTemplateDS45.dsa	2012-12-20 11:45:56.000000000 -0500+++ b/scripts/mcasual/mcjTemplateDS45.dsa	2016-06-30 11:36:36.000000000 -0400@@ -291,6 +291,8 @@ 		return; 	var p0 = uvset.getPnt2Vec( uvwIndex0 ); 	var p1 = uvset.getPnt2Vec( uvwIndex1 );+	p0.x = p0.x - Math.floor(p0.x);+	p1.x = p1.x - Math.floor(p1.x);  	line( canvas, p0.x, p0.y, p1.x, p1.y, white ); 	++cpt;@@ -564,4 +566,4 @@ 	gwEdW.text = def_customWidth; 	gwEdH.text = def_customHeight;	 	saveSetting( "outputFilename", def_outFile )-}\ No newline at end of file+}

P.S. Thanks for the awesome scripts

Post edited by Esemwy on
  • nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769

I suggested that to DAZ a couple of years ago.  Now it is here and FREE!!  Thanks Casual!!!!!

edited April 2017

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE 

I dont know if it's like that for all Genesis 3 figures, but the Aiko7  UV map had coordinates in the 1..2 range instead of the standard 0..1

so i added a modulo ( %) based tweak that corrals them back to the uh ok corral

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjtemplate

that's the scene i needed a template for, the Halequinette makeup

that's based on a Picasso painting

for the same reason mcjTailorsChalk will be updated this morning 

mcjArlequinette.jpg
    756 x 1000 - 108K
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Thank you very much for this, I was really struggling to find something that would create me a template. It's really quick and only took me two attempts to work out what I was supposed to do smiley. (I overthink things sometimes!)

edited July 2018

glad someone may use it !

sometimes i use it to create opacity/cutout maps

there's also mcjTailorsChalk that may interest you

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjtailorschalk

i used it to convert i guess it was a t-shirt into a bikini top

oh actually it's body-paint ! .... made with mcjTailorsChalk and 2 primitive-planes

READY ! mcjTailorsChalk has been updated for Gen3 by mCasual

Thank you very much for this, I was really struggling to find something that would create me a template. It's really quick and only took me two attempts to work out what I was supposed to do smiley. (I overthink things sometimes!)

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Thank you, I'll take a look. I'm still learning Daz Studio but I can see this will be useful too smiley 

• Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177

I can't get it to work with Daz Studio 4.10.

edited October 2018

it works for me on DS 4.10

- make sure you have the latest version of the script 

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjtemplate/mcjTemplate.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

- make sure you are using the script named mcjTemplateDS45 not mcjTemplate, not mcjTemplateDS1

- if you want to save to disk the template of a specific material, use DazStudio's Surface selection tool or the Surfaces Tab to do so, then launch the script and select the "Selected Materials" option

- if you want to save to disk the template of all surfaces of a  specific object, select that object then launch the script and select the "Selected Node" option

then you press the "Build" button

then you specify a location and filename for the template image to be written ex: c:\tmp\myTemplateOctober13.jpg

the image location must be a folder that is not protected against file writing

for example C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\Documents

Note that this script does not generate a UVmap it just creates an image that displays the existing UVmap

most props and figures do have a UVmap that can be displayed but some objects from the internet have unusable on non-existant UVmaps

there's scripts on my site that can generate UV maps - mcjplanaruv , mcjBoxUVmcjSphericalUV mcjcylindricaluv

the resulting template

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/93/6869fb1c4b9f1ec6ca07bdedf38f2b.jpg

llikethat.jpg
    860 x 728 - 139K
    selectedMat.jpg
    512 x 512 - 24K