The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

"Please come play with us, Skiriki."
    "We love you!"

trh.jpg
    300 x 225 - 11K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

DAWWWWWW. They sure do. Horses are nice and comforting creatures, if you happen to have mindset like mine. They're... I don't know, solid. They have presence.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Cute horses.

on the topic of horses: I still haven't installed Daz Horse 2 yet. I'm busy trying to finish some other projects on my computer first.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yeaaaaah, um, uh, kinda. Um, definitely. Yes. Erm. Ponies. *scuffles her feet* I REALLY need a booster shot of energy to deal with my friend's desktop in a hurry. :(

what is wrong with ponies?
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I wish it were Friday - going to be a short day, quiet here at the office, lots of time to study and read.

Can't TentaSquirrel at work, though. >:(

Saw a nice refurb lappy on NewEgg, not a rendering machine but would work out for a new writing machine, then I could give away my old Dell system. Maybe next year! :-S

Lunch soon.. clam chowder. Nice and mild.

Yummm, clam chowder sounds good. My favorite is at Mystic Seaport, CT.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yeaaaaah, um, uh, kinda. Um, definitely. Yes. Erm. Ponies. *scuffles her feet* I REALLY need a booster shot of energy to deal with my friend's desktop in a hurry. :(

Nothing wrong with ponies, ponies are nice, especially when they have cute baby ponies.
    Celeste_and_her_foal.jpg
    800 x 600 - 264K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Skiriki said:

Nothing wrong with ponies, ponies are nice, especially when they have cute baby ponies.
    adorable!
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

The game is too addictive. And I'm an addict, when it comes to right sort of games. Games with heavy micromanagement content -- such as Master of Orion /MoO2, Master of Magic etc -- are my bane. And I'm not a young, energic thing anymore, so pulling 36+ hours of wakefulness with a game can be baaaaaa-ad.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Epona :wub:

epona2.jpg
    300 x 234 - 10K
    epona.jpg
    300 x 180 - 11K
    edited December 1969

LAMH is out! Quick, Jaderails! GO GET IT!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Skiriki. I just got mine. Now to grow hair on every thing in My Library. Happy, happy!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

Blech, ate some bad chicken. Sick all Tuesday night and into Wednesday. Blech.

Better today but it's cold, windy, and obnoxious outside. It's going to be a painful trip into work today.
    ..eugh, not good.

Have to work tomorrow, blech, need the money. No new gear until net year! :bug:.
    ..ditto.

I DO have some content money, will spend a bit here at Daz on the easy environment thingie..

...looked at that, something for the new workstation as I can only do simple pics on my 32 bit system.

There's almost nowhere near me to get fried clams! I'll have to bus + walk to Quality Seafood for fried clams! Sigh, when it's warmer.. shudder..

...had to bundle up on Tuesday hop ion the bike and do the shopping trip. To take the bus not only costs 5$ (round trip) but takes almost an hour because of lousy connections. I can bile there in about ten to twelve minutes.

After dropping about 50$ on food, the fridge started making a nasty whining sound last night. Stopped for a while then started up again about 5:00AM . Just started doing it again, really annoying. Sounds like a fan is rubbing against something or has a bad bearing but the way things are designed these days, there is no way I can get to it to fix it.

Not what I need for the holidays.

Blech, meh. No work on TentaSquirrel. Blech. :down:
    ...aww, and the little red hared girl scurried home to create the perfect WTD (Weapon of Tentasquirrel Destruction) using her knowledge of subatomic physics and skill in French Cooking.

edited December 1969

W T major F?

my manpower/experis rep just sent me this document to sign. I don't think so

EXHIBIT A
    CONTRACTOR PERSONAL DATA CONSENT FORM (AC-9166)

I, __________________, hereby give my consent to *** Incorporated and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “***”) to collect personal data about me and to maintain, use, disclose and transfer this data as part of my activities as an Independent Contractor for ***. I understand that this information will be collected and maintained in connection with my work as an Independent Contractor with ***, and that *** may use and disclose this information in support of its business activities as *** deems appropriate.

I understand that this data may be used and disclosed in connection with ***'s legal responsibilities under various export control laws, for other legal requirements and for other business purposes as deemed appropriate by ***. I also understand that this data may be transferred to a country or territory whose laws may not provide the same levels of protection as do the laws of the country where I reside. I understand that this information may be maintained by *** for as long as *** deems it appropriate in connection with its business activities. I further understand that if I have questions about this collection of my personal data that I may contact *** to address these questions.

I consent to the collection, maintenance, use and disclosure of my personal data as described in this consent form.

Contractor Signature: _____________________________________

Contractor Name Printed: __________________________________

Agency Name Printed: _____________________________________

Date: _______________________________________________

...yuk. Non Disclosure agreements are one thing but I can see this being so easily abused.

I would think such an agreement would violate basic constitutional tenets. Are they requiring this as a condition of continued employment?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:
    Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:
    another complaint.. DS needs Particle effects.. there is only so much you can do with props and shaders (you can do alot, but particles would be better) ..

Yes, yes they would. I want them too. I think a Plugin is in the works but not Close yet.

There was a pretty cool Particle FX for old DS3.x, I think it never made it to 4.x.. not sure.

Probably easier to post it in, and faster, if you don't need interaction with other 3D objects.

I'm going through shader mixer and shader builder tutorials, might be able to get by without a particle generator for alot of things.Did somebody say Postwork?
    ...nice, I'd add some lights in the main 3D scene to illuminate the area around the lightning bolt.

Did this a long time ago. All the "sparklies" were postwork. Used several different coloured spotlights for the surrounding area and a couple point lights close to her hand in the rendered scene.

Jubilee_by_KyotoKid.jpg
    580 x 571 - 192K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    .....such as Master of Orion /MoO2, Master of Magic etc

Hmm I thought those sounded familiar...
    Only $2.99 each:
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/master_of_magic
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/master_of_orion_1_2

:P

edited December 1969

I already got 'em. Go give 'em a try. Oldschool fun.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *reads through the thread*

OMG! Squirrel poem! :lol: Y'guys wrote a squirrel poem with the obvious person stuck to it! OMG! :lol:

And good to hear that you got tests done, Ledhead! Fingers crossed, man!

TY

edited December 1969

I am not getting my mail and I do not know why. I want my mail.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

To ps1borg ... Let us know how your MRI went today.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Found a very old WIP of mine I was doing in photoshop. Is about a year or two old.

Mountains.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 243K
    edited December 1969

I have a headache, but I have no access to any pain killers. I went to take a nap but I cannot.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. December 21 here and no apocalypse so far *looks around* nope, just clear blue sky on the horizon :)

edited December 1969

...site/store complaint. Was purchasing the new Teens bundle along with some other teen content and the daily snowball item during Snowball sale, applied a coupon and pretty much lost my discount.

Even though I backed out of the original order when I start anew, I find I have to pay over 70$ instead of 32$

Can't find anywhere to remove the coupon code and reset my account.

I really hate this new site.

edited December 1969

Blech, ate some bad chicken. Sick all Tuesday night and into Wednesday. Blech.

Better today but it's cold, windy, and obnoxious outside. It's going to be a painful trip into work today.

Have to work tomorrow, blech, need the money. No new gear until net year! :bug:

I DO have some content money, will spend a bit here at Daz on the easy environment thingie.

There's almost nowhere near me to get fried clams! I'll have to bus + walk to Quality Seafood for fried clams! Sigh, when it's warmer.. shudder..

Blech, meh. No work on TentaSquirrel. Blech. :down:

Ouch! Hate bad food cos the taste just persists eeeooow hope you are feeling better by now :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    I have to have an brain MRI tomorrow morning. Don't think is anything to worry about but woweee, wasn't expecting it. That is my complaint.

Hoping your experience is like mine was. After the MRI of my skull they said they didn't find anything.
    Be well.

Routine I think, not expecting any bad stuff at all :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:
    I have to have an brain MRI tomorrow morning. Don't think is anything to worry about but woweee, wasn't expecting it. That is my complaint.

Tomorrow morning?! ... on the 21st, you're going to be hooked up to a very expensive piece of hardware, searching for mental activity? o.0...

You know the Everything Is Going To Be Different, when you emerge, don't you? ;-)

(good luck with that! >_<)</span>

Hehe absolutely the right place to be then. I need some apocalyptic music to take with me, and of course if everyone in the world turns into Zombies there will be a medlab nearby with a clone of Mila Jovovich around somewhere to fight them off :) Seriously, is just a precaution, don't expect anything has gone badly wrong :)

crikey! hopez for a clean bill o' health!

*hugs* Fine TY. Is only a mild persistent headache, probably a side effect from Norspan meds :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    tjohn said:
    Rezca said:
    "There is a professor in my noodles!!"

Daww such a cute raptor X3
    He seems a bit annoyed though...

Just kept meaning to say I see your Avy as a cardinal. I know it isn't, but still...

Heh he does seem like a Cardinal now that you mention it :D

D|S doesn't have a particles plugin? I thought it did already. Carrara's always had particles, but they've been... Broken, if you will, for so long. I don't think some of the particle stuff is fixed even in v8. That video Mark Bremmer did with a trail of smoke and fire was pretty cool though.

Mm... Reminds me I haven't done anything other than bubbles in a vat of liquid with Cinema's particles yet. That needs to be addressed =P

Ooh also my latest test with M4D. This time I went and used iRay to render it. Two minute render time with Depth of Field and a large HDRI =P

*edited to add* that I still need to finish rigging that beast. :P

Nice looking skin :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:
    another complaint.. DS needs Particle effects.. there is only so much you can do with props and shaders (you can do alot, but particles would be better) ..

Yes, yes they would. I want them too. I think a Plugin is in the works but not Close yet.

There was a pretty cool Particle FX for old DS3.x, I think it never made it to 4.x.. not sure.

Probably easier to post it in, and faster, if you don't need interaction with other 3D objects.

Carrara test-1 cube with explode modifier imported into DS

Yes nice :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...site/store complaint. Was purchasing the new Teens bundle along with some other teen content and the daily snowball item during Snowball sale, applied a coupon and pretty much lost my discount.

Even though I backed out of the original order when I start anew, I find I have to pay over 70$ instead of 32$

Can't find anywhere to remove the coupon code and reset my account.

I really hate this new site.

Internet shopping is often like talking to a drunk uncle at a Christmas party :)

edited December 1969

I have a headache, but I have no access to any pain killers. I went to take a nap but I cannot.

You haz clicks (nuts to achey heads) :)

This discussion has been closed.